Discussion Starter #1
Think about that:

___________Buffon_____________
_____Thuram_____Cannavaro____
Sartor___________________Vanoli

__________Boghossian__________
Lauren______Fuser_______Micoud

______Crespo_____Amoroso______

I think that would be a great line up.We all know that Fuser cant defend.Next year he will be 32 so he wont be able to run m,uch either.So we place him in a more cnetral role in order to use his dribbling and passing skills,he is the best at keeping the ball and he could easily adapt to a Zidane-like role.That way we fit the incredible Lauren in the line-up too.Lauren will give pace to the team and his runs in and crosses will be put in good use.Cannvaro and Thuram will be stady as hell together while Vanoli and Sartor who lack technique to be decent midfielders would be ideal full backs.Both of them can defend very good and both of them are great at going forward.Boghossian will keep his anchoring role,and he is one of the best at it.The biggest asset however will be micoud,at his favorite left side position.The guy is pure class over there with Bordeaux so why not with us? I see him as a younger Fuser (THIS year's Fuser,MAGNIFICANT but at the left side).Amoroso and Crespo up front forming the best attacking duo of Seria A (only,Ronaldo-Vieri was a threat,but Ronaldo got injured so...)

Of course we have other solutions like placing fuser at the right and Lauren at right back with Bolano at central midfield.We can also use Thuram at right back with Lassissi or Torrisi covering his place.Bennarivo can take Vanoli's place...Stanic could also fill in at central midfield or up front with Micoud at central midfield and Amoroso at the left.

The biggest advantage of this system is that we dont need wing-backs.Something Fuser and Micoud never were,and never will be.They just have to take care of their offencive duties mostly and help the defence BUT not defende all the time.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Really interesting Amo, if for nothing else, discussion purposes. I like the lineup you haVE formulated. I never once thought of Fuser in that role, but having heard the idea from you, it seems quite reasonable, especially with a certain midfield shuffle in order. I also didn't know Diego was that old. Not sure if your central midfield has a ball winner/defensive player, and Serie A always prefers at least one central midf to play back. But I disagree with that style of play and would be curious to see your lineup experimented with. Nice post.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
A classic 4-4-2 as they use it in England need a big guy who's good with his head up front. Bierhoff and Amoroso would be perfect for this. With Bierhoff either being a target man or heading directly towards goal. But since both Amoroso and Crespo are better with their feet I think it's a waste of players to have two offensive wingers. Basically I prefer the 3-4-1-2 system since it is better for a passing game. Rather than playing like ManUre with constant long balls for Cole and Yorke. I bet they score 80% of their goals like that.

No, think about this instead:

_______________Buffon________________

__Thuram___Roque Junior__Cannavaro___

Lauren__Boghossian__Farinos___Vanoli_
_______________Micoud________________

_________Crespo_____Amoroso__________

This would of course leave players like Fuser, Dabo, Bolano, Sartor, Lassissi, Torrisi, Baggio and Stanic on the bench. I don't know what to say really. We have an abundance of midfielders and defenders but if we reach the Champion's League we will definetely need every single one of them. If we don't? Well, then we must sell some of them...

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I´m not sure about Fuser in the middle, but since he is such a wise player maybe he can adapt to that.
I´m having headache of where to put Fuser and Lauren. Both of them should start.
So maybe amo´s system after all.

But since we are after many central defenders it´s not likely.

______________Buffon____________________

__Thuram__Torrisi/Lassissi__Cannavaro___
Boghossian
Fuser/Lauren_Lauren/Appiah/Dabo_Vanoli/Micoud

_____________Alex/Micoud________________

___________Crespo___Amoroso______________

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good points guys.BUT with 3 defenders we allow far to many goals...it is ridiculus with two defenders among the top 5 of the world and one more decent (Lassissi,Sartor,Bennarivo) to allow SO many goals.The reason for this is that our wingers,who were supposed to be wing-backs but are winger DO NOT HELP THE DEFENCE,Fuser cant defend,so we either use him as a pure right winger with a pure right back behind him or we put him in the middle and Lauren takes his place.Fuser doesnt fit a 3-5-2 system.He is exelent but simply NOT a wing-back.On the other hand,Vanoli makes one of these things: going forward or staying back.Not both of them...I have rarely seen him doing both things in one game and I doubt i'll see him again...since we cant get Roberto Carlos ( :)) we need badly a left wing back.Something like Pessoto but better (Pessoto sux).Lauren will do the job but at the right...now,Sartor and Vanoli as full backs will be simply decent.PLUS we can buy a new central defender and put him next to Cannavaro and play Thuram at right back,his favorite and best position...can you imagine a wing force of Thuram/Sartor AND Fuser/Lauren from our right side? I wouldnt wan to be the left sided player of the other team...Boghossian will be our run man and anchor Primo.Fuser has played several times at the center,its not something new to him...Micoud and Vanoli attacking from the left and Fuser spreading the game with his passes...I think we have the right men to play this system so why not do it? it will be terrific even without our target man Verdi,does Lazio have a target man? NO! do they play 4-4-2 yes (and imagine their full backs cant attack) does this system have succes? YES (well,if they had someone to score like Crespo or Amoroso it would have).Wing attack doesnt mean ONLY crosses...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts