Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Japanese star is unsettled at Roma, where he is on the bench. With Petit going abroad, Nakata would be a good replacement. The Midfield alignment would have to change with Viera dropping into a stop just in front of the defenders and Nakata playing behind the two strikers. My only concern is that Nakata and Bergkamp could cancel each other out. But who know, Juve had Del Piero and Zidane, both essentially number 10s, and they are pretty good. Comments, anyone. Also, who is your choice to replace Overmars, if he leaves?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i think arsenal should at least try to get either totti or nakata. i dont think that if nakata comes, he will cancel out bergkamp, as you said, juve is a good example. but why not get guardiola from barca, he is like petit, both defensive mids. if overmars leaves, which i think he wont, maybe zenden swap plus cash from barca, gronkjaer, kewell....

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
nakata has been put on the bench because he was a stupid buy since roma already have totti in his position so nakata had to play defensive mid.....and since he cant play defensive mid hes on the bench for totti

if arsenal did buy nakata he would also come with his 200,000 japanese fans :) :)

i dont think lazio are interested in petit since lazio already have almeyda simione and sensini.....lazio were interested in petit last year though

a good buy would be salas since he looks very likely to leave the club and maybe stankovic

a replacement for left wing..what about nedved...arsenal would have to match man utds bid of 11million pounds though which is a lot cheaper than harry kewell

FORZA LAZIO!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guardiola would be an excellent replacement for Petit, but hasn't Guardiola just signed another long contract with Barcelona?

Overmars won't leave at the end of this season, but most likely at the end of next season, because Bergkamp will probably leave too then because his contract is up then and could be persuaded to go back to Holland.

Overmars on the other hand could join the Dutch leagion at Barcelona, and it could see Zenden going to Highbury. There have also been Gronkjaer rumours, who knows what next season's Ajax coach Co Adriaanse has in store for him.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Apparently Petit is either off to Inter or Real M. Just what I read but I don't understand why Real would want him as they have Guti and Redondo in that position anyway. Maybe they'll stick him back in defence.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
but zenden is dutch
why would vg let ANYONE who is dutch leave barca...
he's probably trying to get the whole dutch national team in barca

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guadiola won't go to arsenal or probably any team...
even the managers of other teams say that barcelona depends on guardiola..he calms them down, does what he has to do at the right time...etc....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts