Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We re-opened title race says Moratti Monday 8 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter President Massimo Moratti believes that his side, and not referee Pierluigi Collina, are to blame for re-opening the title race.

The Nerazzurri surprisingly lost at home to Atalanta on Sunday to allow Juventus and Roma – who were awarded two dubious penalties by Collina – to re-enter the title race.

"I’m angry but not overly angered. I respect Collina and he’s been excellent in the four Inter games that he has officiated this season," the President said.

"We now need to just focus on our own games and forget about the other teams in contention.

"The Scudetto race is wide open again because we failed to win a game that we really needed all three points from.

"I’m asking my players to just give their very best and that is it. Because the Scudetto will not be decided until the very last day of the season."

Meanwhile, Juventus Vice-president Roberto Bettega seems to have also archived the controversial incidents which seemed to have favoured the Giallorossi on Sunday.

"Roma had two penalties and we beat Perugia 4-0 thanks to a side that played really well," he said.

"But Inter still remain the favourites as they have the advantage even if from now on each Sunday could benefit one of the three title chasers."

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I would not count atalanta as a small team..they proved they can play...

As for re-opening the title race INTER just wanted to make it more interesting.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts