Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how much money we have left or for next summer, but i think this summer we need to buy a new, younger striker.

With Amauri hitting 30 in June, all our strikers will be in their 30s. Add to that season after season, there are injury problems. And then all the other problems, like not constantly finding the back of the net.

I think its time we might have to say goodbye to someone. (Iaquinta ?, Amauri ?, Trez ?).

But i was just wondering who do you consider. Lets be realistic and not name players like David Villa. We cant spend too much, we also have other areas what need to be improved.

I would like to get a younger, all around striker, but i am also very much interested of someone who is consistent when it comes to scoring. You need goals to win games. And more importantly, making a long term signing.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
There aren't that many good young players out there. Look at any young players who hurt Juve this season for some clues.
I dont see why we shouldnt try for Matri and make him into a bonafide Azzurri star. I think Milan has an option on him or something like that. Milan and Juve have reasonably good relationship so maybe..

No to Cavani please no more brazilian guys from Palermo.

Who troubled Juve vs Ajax? Suarez? I'd prefer a bigger target man. Anyway Fulham is the next Europa opponent and they dont have anyone good.
Sorry M.G i know you want us to get Zamora.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Some good candidates outside Italy and in Europe

~20 million euros
Nilmar (Villarreal)
Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg)
Luis Suarez (Ajax)
Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)

~15 million euros
Oscar Cardozo (Benfica)
Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal)
Rado Falcao (FC Porto)
Roberto Soldado (Getafe)
Diego Costa (Valladoid)
Gervinho (Lille)

~ 10 million euros
Loic Remy (Nice)
Kevin Gameiro (Lorient)
Eren Derdiyok (Leverkusen)
Jeffersen Faran (Schalke)
Ola Toivonen (PSV)

Depends on much you've got, personally I find Diego Costa and Eren Derdiyok potentially big players in the future, and given their prices...

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Ok Nilmar is good, small but speedy, Rossi is in the same mould and Italian. How about Alvaro Negredo in Seville?

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I was thinking of putting Negredo but he has an 18 million euros buy back clause by Madrid that they will most likely use as they only have 2 strikers as of next season.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
don't waste money on this, you don't need

what you need much more:

CB, RB, SS (replace that snail Del Piero)

Amauri 30 years old is not old for next year

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Some good candidates outside Italy and in Europe

~20 million euros
Nilmar (Villarreal)
Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg)
Luis Suarez (Ajax)
Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)

~15 million euros
Oscar Cardozo (Benfica)
Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal)
Rado Falcao (FC Porto)
Roberto Soldado (Getafe)
Diego Costa (Valladoid)
Gervinho (Lille)

~ 10 million euros
Loic Remy (Nice)
Kevin Gameiro (Lorient)
Eren Derdiyok (Leverkusen)
Jeffersen Faran (Schalke)
Ola Toivonen (PSV)

Depends on much you've got, personally I find Diego Costa and Eren Derdiyok potentially big players in the future, and given their prices...
I think you are being too generous with the price here, a lot of these players(the ones I know) have been linked with bigger money moves.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
don't waste money on this, you don't need

what you need much more:

CB, RB, SS (replace that snail Del Piero)

Amauri 30 years old is not old for next year
don't post if you have no idea on this :tongue:

Sure Amauri 30 isnt a problem, but just look around. Who actually scores our goals? Amauri goes for a 4month spell not scoring single goal, its happened more than once now.

Trez cant play full season (and might leave anyway)

DP is grandpa

Iaquinta is too often injured these days

All of our strikers are in their 30s.

If we dont bring anyone in, then soon we will be in bigger trouble.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts

Sure Amauri 30 isnt a problem, but just look around. Who actually scores our goals? Amauri goes for a 4month spell not scoring single goal, its happened more than once now.

DP is grandpa

I agree...the set of stirkers are eitehr past it, injury prone or not good enough.

Again it depends on which coach comes in and what he plays. I like the idea of getting Dzeko. Another name I wouldnt mind, not sure how well he has been playing this season but Lavezzi wouldn't go a stray.

Gio can play in DPs position provided the coach gives him licence to really roam into deep and wide positions so he can run with the ball. I think he'll get outmuscled a lot if he gets the ball in a high position and needs to turn a lot.

Dzeko
Lavezzi
Iaquinta
Giovinco
DP (cant see him retiring yet)

·
Registered
17,126 Posts

DP is grandpa

I agree you might need someone, but you need someone more in defensive positions. It is the backbone of the team and insures consistency. In wanting a striker you are sounding a lot like Milan right now: a team full of old geezers and instead of rejuvenating the team gets a surplus striker...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Camelface, no one doubts our defence needs work, but this current team needs a strike force as well. Unfortunately we cant fix everything unless we had some guru transfer wizard who could replace several old key players without breaking our budget.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Our finances are in a good position and there are money available to spend. There are several strikers Juve want. Pazzini, Matri, Dzeko. I would try to discuss with Liverpool over Torres given Liverpool's financial situation. But the World Cup is coming and I think the clubs will try to buy players depending on the World Cup, unless you're intrested in players like Luis Fabiano, where his value can increase after the World Cup since Brasil are top favourites to win it.

Then there are players like Ajax's Suarez, the German Kiebling a young striker and Jovetic.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
~15 million euros
Rado Falcao (FC Porto)
No, and you should know this. PdC purchased only 60% of his transfer last summer, other 40% being purchased this summer. He will only be sold in the summer of 2011 when Porto have 100% of his transfer. Same thing was done for Lisandro, Lucho, Bosingwa, and Pepe. Porto didn't own 100% of their transfer, negotiated to purchase the rest, and then sell for a much bigger profit. Same thing is being done with Hulk now as we bought the remaining 50% this past summer.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Cavani's been flirting with Juve again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts