Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Parma is interested in defensive players mostly. I hope they can grab more offensive players especially in midfield.

Again, Fuser is aging; he can't play for long. We can't rely on him so much...

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
THATS why we get Lauren! for Diegop's replacement! and if you are not happy with this we will buy the back up's back up at Brocchi! now correct me if I'm wrong but Micoud is an offencive player,and so isd Alex/Rui costa or whoever we get for that position!!!

Parma Mania are you deliberatly trying to get on our nerves???? :(

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Parma Mania continue to spread "negative waves" around this place... That guy will never be satisifed.

Parma Mania, can't you see that a team needs balance? Micoud, Fuser and Alex all playing together will be awesome. Why can't you be satisfied with that?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Parma Mania if we buy a few extra MF like Lauren, appiah, micoud and Alex we would have a super MF it would look like this

Fuser---Boghossian---Micoud---Vanoli

exta players for the 5th place are lauren, dabo, Appiah, Bennarivio and Alex and Stanic
Rui Costa would be great but also to expensive so he ist really realistic.
Defence is no problem if we don't sell
An extra Striker would be in handy if we sell Stanic

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Fuser is the best right winger in Seria A.He will be a starter for one more year and then he will be replaced by Lauren.Brocchi will back them up both.

Baggio is out of here and Farinos is a fantastic player,much muich better.

So here you go,the "old" midfield is replaced by good.Unfortunately you'll have to stand Fuser for one more year. :)

Micoud is a starter at the French national team.Lauren on the other hand is one of the most wanted players in the world.He is young,talented and will easily replace Fuser as the best right wing in Seria A.You can compare Lauren to Sergio Conseisao or Zambrotta and you'll see how good he is.Both of them are definitely good enough to play and start at Parma.Noone will ask them to LEAD this team.They arentt bought for that reason.

The creative player you are talking about will either be a young latin american like Alex (likely) Riquelme or Aimar OR Rui Costa.Here is your anti-Veron...

(Willem,we can afford anyone.Please understand what Parmalat is.The point is that Tanzi is not like Morratti,pay too much for bull****.)

Brocchi and Appiah will be just young talented back upsd.However,both of them are two of the brightest talents out there.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Parma Mania, what if Fuser is no "young talent"? Young talents can't win Lo Scudetto. Experienced world class players like Fuser can. I don't get it. You don't care for any of our players. Even though they are among the best in the world. You underrate both Crespo and Fuser IMHO.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all, I have to make clear of one thing. I WILL BE SATISFIED IF AND ONLY IF a creative playmaker such as Veron is bought. That's what I want to see. I don't want to see so many bad passes in the midfield leaving the 2 strikers doing nothing in the front.

Second, I have to say Parma's midfielders are OLD. In other words, out-of-fashion. Dino Baggio WAS a very good player a few years ago but not now. Fuser WAS a young talent who could shoot and pass but he WON'T be able to keep doing that in the next few years.

Finally, I restate that Parma has gained a lot of attacking players but they are not good enough. Micoud might be very good but he can't lead his team to achieve anything in CL. This also applies to Lauren, Brocchi, and Appiah. That's it.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
But we just can't buy 2 world class players
of 15$ million
We can buy one if we sell Ortega for maby 7$ million but then theres not enough money left for buying other players.
Maby a swapp that would see Ortega going to Mallorca and we bringing in Lauren + money
But thats unlikely.
Fuser is still very good!
Micoud not good enough for CL are you crazy he's a Frence international and togheter with Bogho he can make a world class copple
ok maby Appiah and Brocchi are just backups but Lauren is really fantastic he is defenatly good enough for CL!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wake up!

After a few weeks of almost continuous praise, everyone seems to have forgot a little guy named Bolaño... Shows how irrational this discussion about the MIDFIELD sometimes is.

But I share one opinion with Parma Mania: none of these new prospects is a world-class "fantasista" - not comparable to Boban nor del Piero nor Veron. Or maybe Alex could surprise, I don't know exacty how good he is.

So what do you think: is it better to buy one really top-class playmaker or a bunch of could-be's for the same $15-20 million? I would go for the first option, since we already have a decent bench within the current squad, but lack the LEADING PLAYMAKER.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course, ONLY young talents cannot win the schudetto. But after a few years, a bunch of recent young talents become experienced so they can really win the schudetto for 2 to 3 consecutive years (just like AC Milan in the early 90s)

One thing: Being a French international means what? Does France play very well? What I saw is that France cannot score.
Being one of the attacking component, Micoud has part of the responsibility on the unforceful attack.

Okay, after talking about all the "negative" side of the transfer, I talk about the "positive" side now. Alex and Lauren are really expected. I watched Alex in his early years. He is a really talented left-footer who can dribble and pass very well.
Lauren is a physically tough winger who's speed is really his weapon. I hope he can replace Fuser in the coming season.

To sum up, I don't expect Parma to do very well next season, but I hope they can build up a foundation so they can achieve high goals in the next few seasons. That is also the reason why I want young talents but not "old guys".

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
No comments Parma Mania... :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been supporting Parma for 10 years. The reason I criticize the midfield because I DON'T wanna see Parma following AC Milan's step. As we all know, AC Milan was brilliant in early 90s but collapsed since 94-95 season. The reason behind is that they buy so many "junk" players (outdated, slow...)

I hope you guys know that criticism doesn't mean opposition. Being skeptical is the only way to improve.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Being sceptical is different from being negative Parma Mania.You are negative.You critisize EVERYTHING even the good stuff our club does.Ok,they sold Veron because they thought Ortega would do better,SHOOT THEM! there is only one Veron and he will not play for Parma again in the near future so they are trying to get the best possible replacement.Whether his name is Rui Costa,Riquelme or Alex it will be an exelent signing.You say you dont think Micoud and Lauren can lead this team...well we dont expect this for them.We buy them so they can contribute to our weak midfield.I dont know about you but a starting midfield with Fuser/Lauren,Farinos,Rui Costa/Alex,Boghossian and Micoud looks VERY VERY strong to me.We have creative players like Micoud,Fuser and Rui Costa or Alex we have hard workers like Farinos and Boghossia...what do you think we lack? on the bench we have youth with experience in Seria A like Dabo and Appiah and we also have some proven players with much to offer like Vanoli and Beni.I just dont get what can someone see wrong in this midfield.Go and ask other fans and you'll see that with the right moves,WE WILL BE STRONG as anyone next year.

And I want to ask you as well,what is your problem with Crespo? he has an exelent year and you keep saying trade him for Salas,a player who has the worst year of his career and he is going to be thrown away from Lazio as useless! earlier in the year you were claiming that while Parma was fighting to keep up the pace with the leading group to start a 17 year old kid in Crespo's place! what do you want us to think? give our players some trust for God's shake! nobody ask you to trust Dino Baggio after this season but Fuser? the man has barely made a bad game and all his moves indicate that he CAN play as good next year.You say he is old,well he may not be young anymore but this doesnt mean he is useless.The Parma board made again a brilliant move by securing Lauren,a fantastic player who will come at Parma this year,play one season as sub and next year he will be ready to go out there and start all games at our right wing.Am I the only one who sees something brilliant at this move?

Stefano and Callisto (or maybe the other way) have made mistakes,no doubt about that.But sticking to their mistakes without seeing the positives its just not fair.Let them do their job and you critisize them at the end.This year we payed two things:

a) the lack of a creative play-maker like Veron

and

b) our bad luck with continius injuries

In my opinion,you can blame them for a) but not for b).Give thme some trust and I strongy believe that we will see a very very strong Parma next year.If all the summer transfers happen as it is thought,we'll have if not the strongest,the second strongest team in Seria A.Go and ask other fans to tell you theirt opinion and you'll see...

FORZA PARMA!

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts