Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To challenge all frontiers next season, we need very good keeper. We need consisent keeper.

Who do you think we should buy?

I am thinking of the Stuggart Keeper who wants to further his career in big club move to get a chance to play in WC 2006.

Sebastian Frey is also stating that he will want a move when he finished his contract with Parma in which will be soon.

Madrid keeper also seems to be a good buy.

What do you all think? Should we keep the keepers as it is and spend the money somewhere else? Or we should get one of these people or that any keepers that you all think of?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Madrid will never allow Casillas to leave the Bernabeau, also the only team able to afford him has a World class GK in Peter Cech.

Frey is Inter bound.

Hildenbrand seems the best option but with Man Utd also in the frame for a gk it's likely he'll end up at OT since Sir Alex is prone to over spending on players.

Best bet is Kameni or perhaps Coupet.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
ID_peace said:
To challenge all frontiers next season, we need very good keeper. We need consisent keeper.

Who do you think we should buy?
Why do you write "we" with a Juventus-logo bellow your name? :yuck:

Anyway, yes, of course a new keeper and you mentioned Frey. For me he's the perfect deal. Not extremly expensive and young with a lot of experience allready.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
i personally would be happy with keeping lehman

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
petros after all the mistakes lemon makes you still want to keep him? mate you need to get your head checked to see if you still have it all!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wakky said:
Why do you write "we" with a Juventus-logo bellow your name? :yuck:

Anyway, yes, of course a new keeper and you mentioned Frey. For me he's the perfect deal. Not extremly expensive and young with a lot of experience allready.

I am half Juventus and Half gunners....

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Petros said:
i personally would be happy with keeping lehman
As a rival fan, I'd love to see Arsenal keep Lehman as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
886 Posts
It will sure be interesting to see who Wenger brings in, If he brings someone in. From what I've seen of Frey he's a good keeper but I can't get over some of the comments he's been quoted to say (stuff like that his first choice is Chelsea because they'd pay him more etc) and to be honest, I'm not sure I want another French player in the squad. Imagine a starting 11 with Frey, Cygan, Clichy, Pires, Flamini, Vieira, Henry Aladiere, We’d never hear the end of it from press and our rivals :rollani:.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Tunis4life said:
Madrid will never allow Casillas to leave the Bernabeau, also the only team able to afford him has a World class GK in Peter Cech.

Frey is Inter bound.

Hildenbrand seems the best option but with Man Utd also in the frame for a gk it's likely he'll end up at OT since Sir Alex is prone to over spending on players.

Best bet is Kameni or perhaps Coupet.

Casillas contract is running down and we all know Madrid don't like to pay their defenders much money, he might be worth a tap up. :thmbup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
It will sure be interesting to see who Wenger brings in, If he brings someone in. From what I've seen of Frey he's a good keeper but I can't get over some of the comments he's been quoted to say (stuff like that his first choice is Chelsea because they'd pay him more etc) and to be honest, I'm not sure I want another French player in the squad. Imagine a starting 11 with Frey, Cygan, Clichy, Pires, Flamini, Vieira, Henry Aladiere, We’d never hear the end of it from press and our rivals :rollani:.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN JACKE ? VISITING YOUR BOY IN CHOKEY ? :D

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Frey is inter bound, so i think our best option is al,ost free its CUDICINI, and if that doesnt happen theres Kameni who is very very very talented. i hope its either of these two.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
gunner4ever said:
petros after all the mistakes lemon makes you still want to keep him? mate you need to get your head checked to see if you still have it all!
only about 2 or 3 keepers in the whole world would of made less mistakes then lehman

·
Registered
865 Posts
Petros said:
only about 2 or 3 keepers in the whole world would of made less mistakes then lehman
It's not only about mistakes he makes. It's just that Jens isn't a type of keepers who can make an outstanding save when it matters. He's a good shot stopper, but his reaction sometimes let him down. I can give a loot of examples, but I'll just mention Pizarro's latest 2 goals. In both occasions he was late to react....

What I wanna see is that we have a keeper who can make reflex saves and doesn't get scared of crosses. But who can that goalkeeper be?
My first pick would be Hildebrand, followed by Kameni and Frey. Not too fond of Cudicini to be honest.......

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Petros said:
petros you are the most deluded person I have ever met! You are frankly exasperating and make comments with no basis to them! you seem to love indulging in sweeping statements and slipperly slopes.

MATE... Grow up and learn how to argue or would you rather I put you through an analytical skills course?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
There are better options than Mad Jens out there, even if we forget some of his blunders AW has an obligation to up grade the gk spot as it's been our achilles heal for wayyyyyyyyy to long.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
that and good central defensive cover... and i dont mean the likes of cygan...

i would like Kompany in our side....
next season our back 5 should be...

taylor
kolo....senderos....sol.....cole

and for cover we should have kompany (since we can't get dawson) lauren, clichy and one more good young cb...

on another note....

i was watching our reserve team highlights and a goalie who really impressed me was one young bugger by the name Wright i think.... he seems phenomenal... and he is just 18!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Rumors are Kompany is headed to of course Chelsea.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
if kompany came, he would be in the first xi not senderos

1 - 20 of 59 Posts