Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
They were hour long stretching exercises more than anything. :rolleyes:

If NTs were playing warm-ups anywhere near seriously or competitively , then they would all win at least 10-0 against japanese clubs. Instead, the margins have been much smaller. Basically, whether the team wins 2-0 or loses 2-0, who cares?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I took it as a fecking catastrophe at the 1st beggining..but when I knew its details...I didn't give a flying sh!t

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
first of all, two matches were played of 60 minutes.
the first one was played by the supposed 11 that will start against nigeria. they drew 0-0. cavallero, ortega and crespo were between those 11.
the second match was played by some players of the NT like batistuta, and with 5 U20 players. they loose 1-0, with a late goal in the final minutes.

some remarks,
bielsa talked to the coach of the japanese team, and asked him to play his team with the same tactic nigeria uses. bielsa also changed the traditional argie tactic of 3-3-1-2-1, and used a 4-3-1-2.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't know about you, but i'm worried, things don't look as good as they did a year ago..:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't worry much......I thought Bielsa was just experimenting for the last time with a different formation and to get the guys a good workout before Nigeria. Besides I believe we came out with no injuries and that I'm sure was a priority considering the players that are getting injured in the last days from other teams. I really don't think they went out there as if it was the world cup.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i can't believe it... :eekani: argentina lost to a japanese team??? who played in this match?

G

·
don't worry for this sort of matches, it's not serious and the players don't want to be injured. the true will be next week:)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more lili..:)

lili said:
don't worry for this sort of matches, it's not serious and the players don't want to be injured. the true will be next week:)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Last-minute worry for Argentina

NARAHA, Japan, May 28: Rival marksmen Gabriel Batistuta and Hernan Crespo failed to find the net as Argentina were surprisingly kept goalless in two hours of World Cup warm-up action by Japanese clubs on Tuesday.

A second string side spearheaded by Batistuta and including four members of their under-20 team lost 1-0 to Vegalta Sendai in the first of two one-hour games ahead of their World Cup Group F opener against Nigeria on Sunday. Then the line-up coach Marcelo Bielsa could well pick to meet Nigeria in Ibaraki, with Crespo as the central striker, were held 0-0 by Tokyo FC.

Neither Bielsa nor any of the players spoke afterwards to reporters anxious to know their feelings about the goal-shy performance.

Wanchope fit to face China
Seoul: Costa Rica’s key striker Paulo Wanchope, who has been racing to recover from a knee injury in time for the World Cup, will be fit to play at least one hour of his team’s opening match against China.

Coach Alexandre Guimaraes said on Tuesday that Wanchope had done well in last week’s training game against a Japanese club and in the 1-0 defeat by Belgium in a friendly on Sunday.

“He’s doing well, he’s continued to work according to the agreement he has with Manchester City and he played 45 minutes in the game last week and 65 minutes against Belgium,” Guimaraes said. (Reuters)

Tokyo almost went in front just before the interval when Walter Samuel made a back pass to goalkeeper Pablo Cavallero in a tight situation on the edge of the penalty area. Striker Satoru Asari blocked Cavallero’s clearance and the rebound skimmed the Argentine bar.

Near the end, Cavallero had to make a diving save to push out a volley from Asari and was beaten when Brazilian Guimaraes headed just over his bar minutes later. Crespo too came close with two chances. Bielsa exhorted his players several times from the touch line to refrain from protesting against refereeing decisions. "Keep calm," he shouted. "Don’t complain, come on, quick, get on with the game, don’t worry about those things."

For all their solid structure and well-oiled style, Argentina struggled to create chances. But a pleasing factor for Bielsa, no doubt, was the sharpness and good positioning of Diego Simeone in the midfield anchor role following a six-month lay-off through injury. Claudio Caniggia missed the practice after a setback on Saturday in his recovery from a knee injury. Asked how much time he has lost with the setback, Caniggia said that "I don’t know exactly, probably not much, but obviously less if I’d been able to play here today."

Batistuta, vying with Crespo for the central striker’s role in Bielsa’s team, did little of note in the hour he played, heading his best chance over the bar and trying to turn the ball into the net with his hand in another attack. Argentina were also without 1998 veteran Claudio Lopez, in bed with a fever, and midfielders Gustavo Lopez, who was rested, and Matias Almeyda, who is recovering from injury.
Wow
:eekani: :lala: Man how is that Possible?:stoned: :rollani:

Don't worry guys Biesla is just Trying it out with different formations. Nothing to worry about. :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I hope that you are right....

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
well you lost because............<insert excuse>

seriously how, did second favourites lose to a japanese side.?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No excuses dude...who cares for excuses....the WC is the important to win

·
Registered
6 Posts
Argentina Still Experimenting 1+Days left

BatiGold, Wow, you might wanna consider bringing in the other team, they are no where ready to play Nigeria, expect some unfamiliar faces hand picked from a population of +120 million citizens determined to bring and keep the Cup in Africa.

Lest I forget, don't wanna hear any excuses that the loss was due to hot and humid environment.

"first of all, two matches were played of 60 minutes.
the first one was played by the supposed 11 that will start against nigeria. they drew 0-0. cavallero, ortega and crespo were between those 11".

·
Registered
271 Posts
BatiGold, Wow, you might wanna consider bringing in the other team, they are no where ready to play Nigeria, expect some unfamiliar faces hand picked from a population of +120 million citizens determined to bring and keep the Cup in Africa.
And a country with a mediocre population of 35million is gonna wip your ass back into place come sunday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts