Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or does everyone hate us? :confused: The cards, the fouls, THE PENALTY :( Does it get worse????

With 10 men, that 6 minutes extra time was a joke...If the Spaniards hadn't had won, i bet he would have given them an extra 10 minutes more!!!!! SHOCKING :( :mad:

I need time to kool off...Ref against Yugo...There is a GOD! :)

·
International
6,519 Posts
I Hate referees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, everybody hate us, hate Mihajlovic, Mijatovic ...

Ali mi se neèemo predati !!
Jugoslavia zauvijek !
Naprjed plavi !

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Come on now, stop complaining, you are through, so are we, and I think we both deserved it over the clumpsy 10-defender boring Norwegians.

Anyway, you have your chance to qualify over the Dutch. I'm really waiting to see this one. GO YUGO!

P.S. The Penalty was a joke, but what about the foul on Alfonso that was given barely outside the area when it was made barely inside? Even the Greek commentator (a big Yugo fan that had probably bet his money on your victory) admitted this one was a Penalty!
The red card was well deserved though. After a yellow card and two notifications the guy wouldn't stop!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Oh shut up! I don't mean this in any bad way and don't get on me being racist because I have no intent on offending anyone in that way, but why do you yugoslavs always complain? First off, you're lucky the ref did'nt call an obvious penalty in the first 5 minutes becuase of a handball. You had the game in your pocket but you blew it. Unfortunatly, we scored 2 goals and won the thing, but you still have second. If you say though that Abelardo was'nt taken down clearly, you have to buy some glases my friend.

Thank though for a classic, a classic game that I am sure will make world headlines for game of the tournie.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
It's true, it seems that the two eastern teams that have a good chance to do good in this tournment are getting swamped with cards... and Yugo is getting the worst of it. I mean 3 red cards in 3 games is unheard of in a major tournment. I watched some fouls commited by so called big teams and they usually don't recive any cards for them. While ROmania and Yugoslavia get Yellows for just talking to the ref. I ****ing hate it.. The Ince penaly was no where near a penaly, he tripped on the f'n ball, and the Yugo penaly was not one as well.. I mean do these breaks ever happen for the 'small' teams? Because Italy, Netherlands, Spain, England all had penalties handed to them on a plate.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unbelievable!!!

Where the hell did this ref (Gilles Vissier from France) get 6 minutes of extra-time. And that penalty decision was absolutely ludicrous. This is our second game in a row that was very badly officiated - in last game vs Norway, Scot Hugh Dallas was terrible. Portugal's Mello Perrieira was very good in Slovenia game, though.

Now we get Holland and it's gonna be hairy in front of all those Dutch fans plus with our luck I'm sure we'll get some idiot ref who's gonna be influenced by atmosphere and will be making calls Holland's way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too believe the ref was sh!t, but it shouldnt come down to that. Our players had their destiny in their own hands, but as usual, they make things difficult for themselves.
It was obvious even after 20 mins that Jokanovic would get sent off. He did deserve to go (he had made _at least_ 6 or 7 fouls). Also, as soon as it got to 3-2 everyone moved back within 35m and literally allowed the Spanish to walk into our half and launch attack after attack - Sergi running from his own box to ours without 1 person challenging him was an example of this. Djorovic going was a blow. J.Stankovic didnt do much in defence or attack (naturally, when you consider he was out of position).

A big problem we have is the fact that our team do not run enough. I watched the HOL-FRA game afterwards and there is no way we can match it with teams like this if we _dont run_. We have the game, the players, all we need is the motivation, beacuse it appears only a few of our players are interested in giving it everything. :(

Another thing is certain players..

Mihajlovic: The thing keeping him in the side is his free-kicks and so far this tournament we've seen nothing of them. His defence is bad to say the least.

Mijatovic: Made some good runs, but his poor play in general overshadows any good he might do. Towards the end he just walked around as usual.. took a few dives... It unlikely he will ever score. Either way, it doesnt look as if he is going to pick his act up. But with Kezman out we have noone to replace him (Kovacevic is just as bad).

Jokanovic: As above.. I seriously havent seen him contribute much, apart feom giving away free-kicks.

Anyways, congrats to Spain for a good comeback. They did play the better football.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's no question that Spain was a bit better team today (created better plays, had more chances) but they didn't take them and still needed the ref to GIVE them the win. Extending the game by that much, calling 46 fouls on YU and only 23 or so on Spain and than the final insult - dubious penalty.

This reminds me very much of that Turkey-Italy game a week or so ago. Italians had a bunch of chances which they didn't take and then Hugh Dallas gives them a penalty out of the clear blue sky.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the best matches Iv'e seen over the past few years, the best so far in this tournament, the other being Netherlands - France, both on the same day, such delight, in total 12 goals in 2 games. Too bad, the worst game of the tournament, Slo - Nor was on the same day too.
Spain deserved to win in the end.

I heard a rumour UEFA are going to discuss retaining Yugoslavia in Euro 2000 because they were not happy about a yugoslav fan running on to the field.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Does'nt help the Yugo cause when their "fans" split the referee's head open while he's leaving the pitch after the game (wonder what Eufa will do now that Zero Tolerence id the buzz word of the day). He gave 5 minutes injury time probably due to the incessent Yugoslav play acting (they're the worst team in the whole tournament for diving and acting). Another minute was for the arguments after the peno was given. Spain won the game fair and square, its not some western conspiracy so grow up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Give me a break.Yugoslavia didnt dive what so ever in that match agiasnt Spain.That ref was the biggest #@!#@# I have ever seen.He gave the dumbest free kicks to Spain and anybody who says otherwise obviusly didnt watch the match.
How on earth could Abelardo be pushed in the box when he was behind Govedarica.The guy just bumped into Govedarica fell and got a penalty.If anybody is a world class diver its Abelardo.And 5 minutes of extratime was unbeleivable but in the end it turned out to be over 5 minutes anyway.The ref did everything possible to give Spain the win.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zero-tolerance my ass!!!

English savages pillaged and destroyed their way through Belgium and what did they get - a stern warning from UEFA.

I can't believe that somebody even thinks that Yugo will be kicked out of the tourney for a fan drilling the ref with a coin. If Yugoslavia is kicked out for that, England should be banned for next 20 years.

And what kind of security do Belgians provide inside the stadium when a fan is able to get onto the pitch. I read somewhere a statement from a security official who said that the fan who ran out after Jokanovic was sent-off had a jacket that was similar in colour to those that stewards wear and that was the reason why he slipped by security. Ha ha, give me a break, who's in charge of security over there? Duffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.

·
International
6,519 Posts
I think the referee was bought by Spain... I mean, Yugoslavia playrs all siled when they got those two goals... Every one would protest but they didn't...

THE GAME WAS BOUGHT !
FUC* THE POLICITY !

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Badge,retain Yugoslavia? because they injured a ref (slighlty ok,split head apart is not what I would call a small woond over the eye!) and lets not forget what English fans do! I mean,the in stadium security is a joke if anyone can go close to the ref,its not only the one or two stupid fans to be blamed but the police! the rest Yugo fans didnt do anything....

As for the ref,he was awful and Jokanovic should have been dismissed...the penalty was a joke as well!

Hala,o malakas o ekfonitis (o Puliasis itan?) mono pou den fonaze Espana-Espana ke mou les oti ipostirize tous servous?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Oxi re Amo, o blakas o Theofilopoulos htan. Kai den to eipa mono egw, to paradexthkan kai polloi filoi mou pou den htan Espana. O Daniil pou ekane sxoliasmo elege oti oi Ispanoi epaizan kalytera kai o geloios o Theo mono pou den toy ekane BAN! mono sto telos fwnaze, e alloimono, ti allo tha ekane ekei?

To ksanaeida to paixnidi to brady konserva sthn ET3 kai ta embedwsa ta margaritaria tou...

Sorry fellas... no more Greek.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Interesting to know what the reaction would be around these parts if English fans ran onto a pitch and had a go at the ref, then cut his face afterwards. Blaming police/security etc etc is what the English always say when they act like animals. Denial is a bad thing. Mates of mine were at the match. Did you hear that Yugo fans had to be baton charged outside the ground after? Dont say it was the police fault. As I say thats always a hooligans excuse.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'm not giving excuse to these idiots.I just say tha kicking Yugo out of the competition because of this incident it will be ridiculus.do you think its ok if everyone is allowed to make a walk into the pitch anytime he wants? dont you think that police should have stop those guys instead of Alfonso and Savo Milosevic?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
SPANIARD said:
but why do you yugoslavs always complain? First off, you're lucky the ref did'nt call an obvious penalty in the first 5 minutes becuase of a handball. You had the game in your pocket but you blew it. Unfortunatly, we scored 2 goals and won the thing, but you still have second. If you say though that Abelardo was'nt taken down clearly, you have to buy some glases my friend.

Thank though for a classic, a classic game that I am sure will make world headlines for game of the tournie.
they always complain about the judge,and they play to much dirty,3 red card in 3 games-shame on you...

·
International
6,519 Posts
daj bre molim te eusebio ne prièaj gluposti dovoljno te imam i ja i svi ostali ovdje...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Badge makes it sound like there were 2000 Yugo fans charging the pitch. In fact there 2 (T.W.O.) and at separate instances as well. So, is it too much to expect from the police at a THIRD LARGEST SPORTING EVENT IN THE WORLD to be able to stop TWO idiots from entering the pitch during a game.

Maybe they should promote Alfonso and Milosevic to heads of security.

And even putting Yugoslav fans (99% of whom demonstrated exemplary conduct at EURO) in the same sentence with drunken English savages that call themselves supporters is very wrong. And no comparisons, whatsoever, can be made because when it comes to hooliganism, English are in a whole league of their own and nobody else even comes close.

That's all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts