Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bogdanovic on brink of Red Star switch

Monday 1st July 2002

Igor Bogdanovic joined Red Star Belgrade for pre-season training on Monday and announced that his transfer from Vojvodina Novi Sad was virtually complete.

Bogdanovic has been negotiating with Red Star for the past few weeks and was named as one of the club's 30 registered players for the new season on Monday despite not having put pen to paper on a contract.

The 25-year-old striker explained to journalists that the clubs had agreed a fee and that he would sign a deal when the Red Star squad returns from their training camp in Vlasina next week.

"Red Star is the biggest club in Yugoslavia and its great to be here," he said. "This is the peak of my football career."

Bogdanovic's former team-mate at Vojvodina, Radovan Krivokapic, has already signed his four-year deal and the playmaker was equally happy to be at Red Star.

"It is fantastic feeling to begin preparations with Red Star," he said. "My presence means there will be some healthy competition for places which is good because it makes Red Star stronger."

Former Yugoslavia assistant coach Miodrag Krivokapic was also making his first appearance in his new role as coach Zoran Filipovic's right-hand man.

Krivokapic, who played for Red Star before enjoying a successful career in Scotland with Dundee United, Motherwell and Raith Rovers, said: "I am glad to be back after 14 years.

"I don't know the players that well yet but we have a lot of time to get to know each other and I am positive about the season."

As well as preparing his first-team for the new campaign, Filipovic has chosen a number of youth team players to train with the squad in order to gain valuable experience.

They include Bosko Jankovic, Basta and Nenad Stojanovic and young goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.

The squad will spend a week training in Vlasina before travelling to Slovenia for a series of pre-season friendlies.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i don't know that guy but it looks like agood reinforcement . can someone tell more about krivokapic and bogdanovic and describe them as players.

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
I hardly really know anything about them. I know everybody praises them a lot, especially Krivokapic, who has already played for our NT on a few occassions.
One thing to worry about is the fact that we have bought both a midfielder and a striker from Vojvodina, the team who had the most pathetic scoring record last season...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
thx red star ;)
krivokapic and bogdanovic will be in better surroundings at zvezda so they can only improve. zvezda is not vojvodina (with respect to vojvodina fans).
i just hope they will go through the first qualifying rounds of the UEFA and then show what they are capable of to europe. they won't win it. but if they can beat some italian or spanish club...
our guys will be rich...

·
Registered
731 Posts
krivokapic je plejmejker, izvrstan igrac. sjajn tehnicar solidan pregled igre i fizicke mogucnosti. minus mu je svakoko ocajna igra protiv slabijih protivnika tj. ima problema sa motivacijom
bogdanovica pak nikako nisam ocekivao. njegova kupovina moze da znaci sam jedno: zvezda ce igrati 4-3-3 ili cak 3-4-3, ali u svakm slucaju sa tri napadaca.pjanovic, jelic, bogavac, bogdanovic+kids like stojanovic, orahovac i ostali, puno ih je da bi igrali sa samo dvojicom napred. sve u svemu, BJEKOVIC OPET USRO ! ! !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts