Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The report on teletext is a bit vague if you want to know now if he has been sacked or that he has decided himself to quit. None the less a decision that didn't come as a surprise to me. I was already thinking the last couple of weeks of making a poll about the first trainer to go, since some more men are in a tricky situation with their club (Vloet, Coolen, Gullit?), but they have lost the battle for the first price now. Neeskens the first one to go.

To be honest they were the worst team to watch this first half of the season. Nothing of that fingerlicking stuff one of our members predicted.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Gullit?! :pp there was more chance of Koeman leaving when it wasn't going too well than Gullit leaving who I'm sure the board will at least give a full season even if we lose our next 10 games.

As for Neeskens, it's a shame and always sad to see former great players not do so well as a manager. He did real well in that season when he got European football but for some reason with the money and signings, NEC failed to deliver :eek:

Prince-O said:
Let me see. I still think NEC and Willem II will be the surprise sides of the season and they open against each other. Both have a well balanced team and I think if Neeskens can get the group together, they have one of the strongest sides out of the top-3. Boutahar, Barreto, Niedzielan, Denneboom. Fingerlicking nice :lick:
:D

:angel:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Wally said:
As for Neeskens, it's a shame and always sad to see former great players not do so well as a manager. He did real well in that season when he got European football but for some reason with the money and signings, NEC failed to deliver :eek:
Bwahahaha, background checker Wally is at it again. You should become a detective man. I heard the AIVD is looking for personnel. :pp

Anyway, shame on me. :eek: I really thought they would do a good job this year. :dontcare:

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Prince-O said:
Bwahahaha, background checker Wally is at it again. You should become a detective man. I heard the AIVD is looking for personnel. :pp
Yeah, might be a good idea with my not to be touched record if the job market becomes tough when I finish my studies :shades: :howler:

chivu gave me the hint though with his post, so he should apply too :D He'd be my boss though :moan: dan maar niet..

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have better teeth than Remkes, who you could see as sort of head responsible for the AIVD, so I don't think I fully match the demands of the job. Not that I mind. Still good to see you were quick to find out who was the great predictor. ;)

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
yeah it's too bad Johan had to go. But apparantly Ajax is still looking for a TD so who knows, maybe Neeskens will come back to Ajax?

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Stygmata said:
yeah it's too bad Johan had to go. But apparantly Ajax is still looking for a TD so who knows, maybe Neeskens will come back to Ajax?
Why not actually? He's proven in the beginning at NEK that he is a good manager. I don't know really why they suck so much at the moment. I even dare to say that I think that the Nees would do well at Ajax as head coach. :stuckup:

Anyway, for Chivu and Wally: I you look at the NEK side, you would think that they would do well no? Only I could not have expected Niedzielan to be such a donkey, Barreto to be always gone, Denneboom to suck after a good start etc. Only Boutahar has been good so far.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Well their defence was always a weak link and they didn't get anyone for it before the start of the season. Niedzielan always had a track record of being injured. He only had one good season in the Polish league and for the rest, something was always wrong. But yeah :D I got to admit, I thought they at least would be in the top 8 looking at the strength they especially got in midfield.

EDIT: and we have a number two! Vloet will be leaving Roda at the end of the season. I guess it was inevitable it was going to happen. He was too defensive for my liking but I feel too he was let down by his players.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No surprise there, although his bright eyes always make me a bit soft talking about him. I really hope than that he will at least find another club in the Dutch league. Only with the material Roda has, he simply hasn't done enough in my eyes. Certainly in the year that both NEC and NAC managed to finish on an UEFA-up spot he flopped big time in my eyes.

Talking about managers, I thought that Ron Jans was pretty cool last saturday in Kopspijkers. Funny guy.

About NEC. Basically they only have Boutahar and Barreto as good creative players. Denneboom is only good for a while. Just like a real denneboom. You have it for a while and then you have to dump it again.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW: I don't see Nees as technical director either. He doesn't have the 'babbel' for it.
I think his best real roll was still as assistant coach. When he didn't have to talk that much to the press and other off-field demands.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
chivu said:
Denneboom is only good for a while. Just like a real denneboom. You have it for a while and then you have to dump it again.
:howler:

A good transfer for NEC would be Theo Lucius. They got enough creativity but they got no workers. The other former PSV culthero Bjorn Van der Doelen is too inconsistant imo and I feel Lucious would do better and wouldn't he want to one day play regular first team football?! :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts