1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurs wait for right move

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 12/1/2004

TOTTENHAM are waiting to make a move in the transfer market during the January window after failing to land Edgar Davids from Juventus...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Spurs wait for right move
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

TOTTENHAM are waiting to make a move in the transfer market during the January window after failing to land Edgar Davids from Juventus.

Talks went well with the out-of-favour Dutch midfielder but he has gone to Barcelona, where he had signed a pre-contract agreement to play for them next season.

Spurs have put their move for Nottingham Forest's Andy Reid on the backburner and are reported to be interested in Millwall's Tim Cahill.

But QPR midfielder marc Bircham and West Brom's Jason Koumas are out of the frame.

Acting manager David Pleat told Adrian Curtis in the Evening Standard: "There are no plans to make a bid for Koumas. We are looking at bringing someone in on loan."

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
DO you seriously think you can get him? :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
59,018 Posts
Got no idea what Spurs were on trying to get Davids :eek: we should now point all our attention on getting Nicky Butt whos handed in a transfer request at Man U.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I heard Davids never sent us a letter. How ignorant of him :fero: :D :D

Butt needs to be our new target as he fits the bill. But £5m for a 29 yr old may be a little too much for us...

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Only ENIC and Pleat thought Spurs were going to get Davids.

Tottenham transfer policy over the years is to buy loads of mediocre players and expect to challenge for the title.

Brown from Sheff Utd is the latest, with £6.5M about to be squandered on two youngsters from Nottingham Forest.

To be a contender, they must buy good players not once with a potential ie Postiga and Zamorra.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
At least it shows that our management are being ambitious.

I'm sure Davids would been a hit and I'm actually even more pleased that we attempted to lure him on loan first.

Butt is English, knows them game but a £5m price tag for a 28 year old seems too much. But he might be the right buy.

It's good to see we are looking to cover the right areas and although we haven't signed Davids, ENIC seem to know about our problems.

Brown scored 2 in a friendly today (5-0 against Coventry), we are moving in the right direction folks. And I am confident for the next two seasons (quote me :tongue: :D ).

Ironic; you're a lucky bugger for choosing such a username, how can I respond to thee (ala shakespeare) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts