Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hes surplus to requirments..he just doesnt seem good enough..ok he can shoot (on occasions) but to me..hes a waste of a spot on the nt roster..

agreed?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well...i guess i have standards...if u all feel di natale quagliaella borriello is italia nt standard then fine..i guess im use to seeing the signoris chiesas montellas vieris of yesteryear.

·
Registered
46,792 Posts
Fact is that Quagliarella is not an alternative to Cassano or Del Piero as he plays on the right flank of the attack in the 4-3-3 and on the right flank of the midfield in the 4-4-2 so he is the (more attacking) alternative to Camoranesi.
Cassano, Del Piero and Di Natale are three options for the left flank of the attack in the 4-3-3, while Di Natale is the only option for the left midfield in the 4-4-2. Unless Donadoni decides that he can call up just a player for the right flank of the attack and three for the left flank of the attack, one among Di Natale, Del Piero and Cassano will be left home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bring in Cassano, Del Piero, inzaghi and C.Maggio and we will win everything 4:0!

Even Materazzi wouldn't be able to **** that up.

-------------------
Antonio Di Natale (Udinese)
Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria)
Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)
Filippo Inzaghi (AC Milan)
Luca Toni (Müncheni Bayern)
Fabio Quagliarella (Udi)

---------
Actually, in the past months months Di Natale and Quagliarella have not done anything. But they are useful backups.

DP wants to play as a striker, remember? So we have DN and Cassano on the left. Camo and Quaglia on the right and DP, Toni, Inzaghi in the centre.

Let's leave Materazzi at home in order to do this.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
At this moment I agree that Cassano is surely a much better option than Quagliarella.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I like Quagliarella but like you said, we dont need him. And if Camoranesi was to get injured we could easily play Di Natale there and play Cassano on the left or go to a 4-3-1-2 with Cassano in a free role behind the 2 strikers..........

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
seeing the signoris chiesas montellas vieris of yesteryear.
Pirri, Chiesa was annoying as hell

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ummm..how so...?..he was at his best in my books a top 5 striker in the world.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
ummm..how so...?..he was at his best in my books a top 5 striker in the world.
he was skill..but not that skill and with an annoying attitude that only can be sustain if he had a romario talent...and he didn't...but well, just my feelings towrads him, not precisly the truth

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
different type of players..romario was a clever fox in the box..he didnt have chiesa explosiveness or shooting from range...romario was inzaghi but with technique and dribbiling ability and a deft first touch..just scored n scored..chiesa was more of a second striker..pace and a deadly shot from distance and he had unbelievable stamina.

at his peak..which was 1995-1996...he was a top 5 striker in the world.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Inzaghi is Inzaghi. Romario was not nearly as good poacher as Inzaghi/Toni are today.
In order to be absolutely fenomenal in some area (poaching) you need to have your own style. In the old days everybody used to have his own unique style. Nowadays we have Messi, Agüero, Krkic, Dos Santos, Balotelli, Robinho - they're all the same to me. We will never have another Roberto Baggio, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Ravanelli, Vialli again. I like Cassano, he is unique.

Mark my words: Baggio-Inzaghi or DP-Toni would beat Messi-Agüero ten times out of ten.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Romario was not nearly as good poacher as Inzaghi/Toni are today.
This is a joke, right? Romario was by far the best poacher I've ever seen and has the numbers to back it up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
At this moment I agree that Cassano is surely a much better option than Quagliarella.
1. I would take both. Because Cassano is just so good and because Mr. Backups like Quaglia can decide the whole tournament in one second. Remember Delvechhio in 2000? He was a total backup but nearly became the hero of the whole tournament.

2. What about Taddei, he plays on the right. He is eligible too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a joke, right? Romario was by far the best poacher I've ever seen and has the numbers to back it up.
Okay, let me paraphrase then: Romario is not nearly as good as Inzaghi.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts