Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm disgused! first it was the humiliation from Zaragoza,then Sandader and now Valladolid.Frankly,we dont deserve a CL place...how can they perfrom SO low in front of their home ground? the word dissapoitment isnt enough...

Let's go out there and win the Champions League.Its the only thing that can save our year.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

G

·
I just don't understand how this could happen! How can they just lose three consecutive home games while advancing to the Champion's League final?! Lack of concentration? Don't think that ever happens. Just...weird.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The thing is that the CL has taken a lot out of us and should be taken in to consideration. We reached the semi finals of the cup and the fact is that we have played a lot of games with some key injuries i.e. Macca, Savio, Hierro, Ilgner to name but a few.

Also I am having major problems woth my computer. I have come home from Cardiff and the comp in my house will not connect to the net for some strange reason. This is annoying so unfortunately I have to use another comp (next door neighbour) for any posts that I do/

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
We all know this. Because spanish teams did so well in Europe, well it made the Primera a bit of a second cup. No one was concentrating on this title, because both Real & Barca wanted the big Doggggyyy :) This has allowed teams like Alaves do what they've done and also make the whole league more interesting. IMO The CL is nowadays ag great excuse, I don't agree with you Argentina on this one - the number of games played in the CL is just too much to go for both the domestic league and not even talking about the Cup! It sux and I hate it! :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Maybe we will become Spanish Champs if we don't have to concentrate on the Champions League. Just look at La Corúna which in my opinion is not the best team in Spain but they won championship because of unstability by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i agree with morientes...i dont belive that deportivo was that great this year...it was a case of who lost more games to bad teams. i am just shocked about this year's standings in spain even though all the spanish teams did well in europe....there is no excuse for that kind of inconsistency. real and barca should never be this bad and valencia should have played better in the first half of the season. IMO, the spanish league suffered this year even though they succeeded in europe.

G

·
When Real reached the Quater-final stages of the CL, they focused pretty much soley on the CL, and especially when they had to play Man Utd twice, the players only thought about those 2 games, that's teh reason why they perforemed so and in the Primera during those weeks.

But performing well against Man Utd, without Hierro, Savio etc, and then not performing well against lowly Spanish teams, is just not an excuse.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Do you guys realize that if we had won the 3 last home games we would have won la Liga? It's really is pathetic.

Anyway, I expect all this to be forgotten really fast if we win on Wednesday. AND WE WILL.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yes it is true. But the same goes for Barca! I mean they could've won the league easily too, only they played even worse then we did! We could've won the Pruimera easily, but we have the excuse of being in the CL final, Barca don't and look what's going on down there. It's sad, because in reality it's neither van Gaals nor his players fault. It's UEFA whose to blame. A football playewr jsut can't play this amount of football. The body cannot stand it. I don't want to look for excuses, but that's the reality. I have absolutely no doubt that if we had lost or drawn to Rosenborg that night in March, we would now be all happy here, because the Primera title would be ours. I know that. That's football though...you get lucky and then unlucky. I said it all along, real are not capable of taking the treble, now all we can hope for is we beat lowly Valencia and salvage something from this year...this is crucial, because del bosque will go if it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,what are you talking about?

There is a HUGE difference between non-conenctration and a defeat from Valladolid at home!We are REAL MADRID for God's Shake! not a small team that makes CL for the first time and cant adapt to it! our best players costs as much as the whole Valladolid! its a shame to search for excuses!

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I agree with you Amo on that, our latest losses really are disgraceful. There's no point in looking for excuses.

I watched on Eurosport some parts of the Valladolid game. We WERE damned unlucky!

I deeply believe though that we'll win tomorrow.

G

·
I was there personally for the Racing fiasco a few weeks ago and the players were clearly hung over from defeating Manchester United three days prior. The players thought they could show up and intimidate Racing and Racing, to their credit, kicked Real's ass that night despite Real taking a 1-0 lead.

I thought they blew La Liga after that loss.
However, the loss at home to Atletico hurt and having Zaragoza come in and spank them also hurt. So many opportunites for them to seize La Liga, but the other clubs had opportunities and blew them as well.

Deportivo's finish was like a drunk at last call at a bar. A little wobbly, unsteady and
shaky, but in the end, they prevailed.

Sad thing was I spent for the really good Grada Preferencia seats and had a wonderful view of the field. I would have loved to seen a win but instead saw my first loss ever in eleven matches. Damn!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
It's not an excuse. I don't think we can realise the sort of pain these guys have to go through playing every three days, very week. I don't care if we played for God himself, a humna cannot withstand this kind of pressure. One thing that must be asked is why weren't some of the fellows rested? You'd think del Bosque learned something with that Zarate expierience, but I'm not that sure anymore. Just look how many times fellows like Baljic, Geremi and Meca coud've played? It's really bad they never got their chance in those "easy" games at the Bernabeu. We should've mixed somethings up, unfortunately del Bosque was too scared :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts