Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is dedicated to all those matches we have missing guilt edged chances and costly chances and saying a **** you to the subsequent player:

**** YOU DAVID SILVA :shades:

Against Werder, just awful. From Pablo and Silva should hold there heads in shame, most likely costing a place in the next round.

Seriously, though our finishing has been awful this season. David Villa has been just as bad. For his standards you'd expect much more.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
I don't even wanna think about it, makes me so mad :palm:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i think its also that the "playmaking" has not been as good as last season and instead of crating 3 or 4 great chances we are creating 7 or 8 half chances.

It seems like were rushing on offense and its leading to a lot of half chances and rushed shots.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it's the playmaking as much. Look at against Racing, Villa had multiple golden chances. Tonight. Silva against every team (Barcelona). Mallorca. That's from the top of my head. I'm sure i could find about 50. I understand that's part of the game, and luck can play a part but this is straight up POOR FINISHING!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think today silva did finish badly only once, that chance mata eventualy scored from. other than that, he did well
He had multiple one on ones, hero.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
We are indeed our own worst enemy this month.. All the wasted opportunities and 6 red cards in 6 matches.. It's impossible to win that way.

Please let April be a more gentle month!

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
The Pablo one really grated me, such a huge chance. It was a v.good 1st touch, he'd set himself up, but such a bad finish.

And well i've just got used to DS' finishes.

But yeah, it really is just simply we don't have good enough finishers, it's got to a point now it's not even coincidental. Great build-up play not good enough up top.

Our front 4 is very over-rated. Including a certain Mr. Villa.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But yeah, it really is just simply we don't have good enough finishers, it's got to a point now it's not even coincidental. Great build-up play not good enough up top.
We go for the prefect goal half the time (sometimes all you can do when your average front four height is 5'8). And, other thing we almost always go for the killer ball always when shit hits the fan. Some of the aerial balls tonight, were just lol, there defense is fucking gaint!

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
David Silva finishing is beyond shit..its on a totally diff level!! even when Mata scored..david shouldve scored it

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
It's almost like they know we will create 50 chances a match and they don't really value the opportunities they get. This certainly applies to Villa, he should be on 20 plus goals already from the millions of chances he has got at the Mestalla alone this season.

I really appreciate the tactics Emery has employed for us to be able to create opportunities almost effortlessly (this is certainly the case at the Mestalla, it gets more complicated at times in away matches), but he really needs to shout at these players for missing so many chances.

I think the situation will improve though and had we valued our chances we should've scored 2-3 goals at the very minimum, in each previous Mestalla match.

Our front 4 is very over-rated. Including a certain Mr. Villa.
I don't think our front four are overrated, I really appreciate how they combine to create chances as often as they do. I remember days when we didn't have it so easy when it came to creativity and finding a way to the penalty area. They make it look so easy and effortless that both they and we take things for granted, they in finishing well ofcourse, and we in valuing the players we have due to their bad end product.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Probably no other team in Liga has as many variations on taking set pieces as we do. It's quite enjoyable.

But our players need to work on free kick accuracy when it comes to shooting. perhaps someone other than Villa should have a go, I'm looking forward to seeing what Chori can offer.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
In QQ and Koeman days Villa used to finish really well. Never got much chances but still scored.

Now he gets tons of chances and he still scores the same amount.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts