Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...in women's soccer. :D Just thought I should break the very pleasent news. :)

Israel's women soccer team have caused a huge upset in their terms, beating favorites Croatia today by 2:1. The Croatians scored first, Uzeri equalised for Israel and who else but Silvi Jan scored a last gasp-winner. :)

This victory won't help us qualify somewhere, though we could still fight for third place in our World Cup qualifying group, but it's quite nice to see us do well. Earlier this week our girls registered a 3:0 win over Estonia, and both games were held in Kiev after FIFA removed them from Israel due to the insecure situation.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Even our women is playing horrible :(

is the World Cup for women held in Trinadad and Tobago?

Can israel still manage to go through?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kappa18 said:
Even our women is playing horrible :(
2:0 win against a much better side is not horrible! Especially if you're taking into account the fact women's soccer is being played here for only 3 years and that too is not professional at all (none of the players in our league is playing football for living, all of them have a job or doing military service and football is just a side-hobby).

Kappa18 said:
is the World Cup for women held in Trinadad and Tobago?
Can israel still manage to go through? [/B]

What part of the "This victory won't help us qualify somewhere, though we could still fight for third place in our World Cup qualifying group, but it's quite nice to see us do well" didn't you understand? No offense Yoav but you should read better before submitting reply, because you seem to make a habit out of asking things that have already been said. :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just show me the standings!

I want to see who is in our group and who isn't!

I read, but i never seem to follow up and care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts