Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to show solidarity with Papa during his time of suffering. I'm not an overtly religious person, but Pope John Paul has been more than a Pope. He has been a vitally important human servant who has largely fought the good fight. Let's not allow this off-topic subject to be a religious debate or even a debate. Let's just try and wish a great man a smooth goodbye and offer our thanks for all his humanitarian efforts across the world. We are with you, and we thank you. You made your mark on this ugly world. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Postpone this weekend's Serie A. There's a great man on his deathbed, who surely means a lot to many of those who are involved in Serie A, either as players or as fans.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Thotobald said:
Postpone this weekend's Serie A. There's a great man on his deathbed, who surely means a lot to many of those who are involved in Serie A, either as players or as fans.
Exactly.God Bless the Pope

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Thotobald said:
He would want the games to go. This man is having what he once called " A happy death" (He wrote that Saint Joseph is believed to have died before Jesus, so he must have died with Jesus and Mary next to him and that here was not happier way to die

He has done his work on earth, now Christ and Mary are oppening the doors of Heaven. He is at Peace and the Lord is with him.

Calcio can go on, he will be smiling his way into Heaven:cool:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Besides losing one of the great humanitarians of our time, in a way, I feel like we're all losing a friend. :depress:

God be with you, old friend. Well done. :star:

·
Registered
92 Posts
damn, what's that got to do with sport? if so, so many people died in tsunami and nothing happened except playing a charity match how ironic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gotta disagree with you here. Why should all the matches be postponed? He is still alive! What if he slips into a coma and is still fighting for his life for months? Are we gonna keep putting off the matches until he dies? Everything else is open in taly tonight. I can go to a disco, to the cinema anywhere I want but I cant stand with my fellow supporters and pay our respects to the man together. It would have been a great tribute to him (when he dies) to have a minutes silence at all the stadiums. Until then life goes on.........

·
Registered
819 Posts
True, but...

He would want the games to go on
Probably he would. But, who among us could live up to his wishes? I am sure many people are too sad to think about football, or really, about anything else. He is strong, we are weak.

I'm not sad about his death, since this will also be his great reward, but because we will be left here without him. He was Pope almost my whole lifetime - I can't imagine the church without him. And he did so much for us ... you know that when he prayed for the whole world, he knew what that meant, and he shouldered that responsibility.

A Pope who surely was also a living saint - a treasure for us that we can't lose without experiencing great sadness. :sob:

P.S. For all the Romans who are losing their Bishop as well as their Pope, we should all pray (or meditate, or think about.)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
A man of peace. Respectful human being. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts