Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great victory for a great team (not my favourite but anyway).

They won everything there was to win in Turkey and now.....at last they win something "big".

But what about the game??

Penalties? Was it fair that Galata won the shoot-out?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
They deserved the victory. I only hope that Gala will perform in the CL next year and not only in the UEFA-cup.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, u watched the match?

Did galata players "dive" often?

Why was Hagi shown the red card?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Yes Eclipse, i completely agree with all you said. :)

I was so happy to see popescu making that final shot and running like a crazy!!

That scene never goes off my mind. Even though they played better than Arsenal tonight, they play much better than this normally. Suat was in a bad day and also Emre wasnt there.

Plus, you probably realized Okajn wasnt playing well. Remeber i was telling u about it, that he broke his foot. He played with the broken foot with a special bandage. Normallyl, u see him everywhere in the field, putting his feet in every single ball move. Then, he was substituted anyway. Capone also got injured the night before the game. He was able to play fortunately but he couldnt pla his good game like Okan. They were both a bit scared. U probably saw the game against Leeds, u should know what I mean.

And Eclipse, i think its our team :)not only mine. your LEGEND players like Popescu and Hagi contributed to our sucess. Thats why I think its our team :)its our success.I hope they dont lave next year :(

Hakan was great again. I think he ll leave next year for sure.

Well, i am still so happy, overwhelmed by the joy. Tonight i went out and celebrated it. Thanks GALATA, HAGI, POPESCU, TAFFAREL, HAKAN and all the rest.

[This message has been edited by carlito (edited 18-05-2000).]

·
International
8,545 Posts
Congrats to galata :) :)

I'll admit I was going for Arse, but only because Suker plays there. He probably didn't play in the match though.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Seriusly now,Capone and Hagi spent half of their playing time on the ground. :)

Hagi's dismissal was harsh.

Galatasaray didnt play very well (nor Arsenal did) but they played with HEART.Thats what counts on a final.Even when they were with 10 players they were fighting like lions and never gave up.It took some brilliant saves from Taffarel to keep the in the game but noone can deny they deserved the trophy.Its always a joy to see such teams!

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
We won it!!!! i dont believe it!! i have no words to say. I was crying from joy, believe it or not :) :)

They definitely dominated the 90 mins. I mean Galata. They had the best scoring chances and ppossesion woth the ball.

Arsenal dominated the over-time mostly because we played almost 8 players :( :(
We had Hagi off, Bulent shoulder dislocated plus Cappone sriously injured but couldnt substitute anymore cuz we had used them, up.

Anyway, Gala showed everyone how good they are.

But first of all, what it takes to be a champion.

U know what it is??? It is BELIEF, NOTHING LESS OR MORE!
I say FFFUC* u to all who stood in their way and I say TO THEM

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :): :)

·
International
8,545 Posts
It's nice to see you're a gracious winner carlito ;)

"FFFUC* u to all who stood in their way"

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I MAY HAVE BEEN HARSH BUT I THINK U SHOULD BE ABLE TO REALIZE WHAT I WAS POINTING TO. tO PEOPLE WHO DID EVERYTHING FOR GALATA NOT TO WIN IT, AND I MEAN IT :)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I dont have much to say! What a WONDERFUL day!! :)
I cant talk anymore because my voice was gone in the game.

we definitely outplayed arsenal in regulation time, not the best of our football though. Hakan and Umit were great in my opinion.

I dont have nothing to say about taffarel. He was just awesome in extratime and penalties.

Even though we had HAGI sent off, bulent with a shoulder dislocated!! and Capone seriously injured, we showed the whole world what it takes to be a true champion. We couldnt make anymore subs and we were playing almost 8 men on the field for extratime.

we definitely desrved it. I realized that it s not only the way u play to win it, its is BELIEF. tHESE GUYS HAD THE BELIEF IN THEIR SOULS THAT THEY WOULD WIN IT. :)
bUT DEFINITELY NOT THE ARSENAL SIDE.

I again say FUC* u to all who did all they could to prevent Gala's success, we reply them showing this cup and say

WEEEEE AARRRREEEEEE TTTTHHHHHEEEEE CHHHHHHAAMMMMMMMPIIOOOONNNNSSSSSSS MY FRIEEENNDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Congrats to your team carlito. I must say I was cheering for your team throughout the whole game. Not only for Hagi and Popescu but for your whole team. They really proved to me how much heart they have. I mean did you see Bulent's face when he was getting his shoulder wrapped up, or the pain on Capone's face when he was jogging around? That's the winning spirit.

I was so happy when I saw Popescu step up to take the final penalty, because I know Popescu and penalties ... he doesn't miss much!!

The Hagi incident was so unfair, I felt like that was it for Gala, they got screwed by that lamer Adams. But thanks to Taffarel, they managed to pull it out.

This is a HUGE step for Turkish football.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
IVO: Sorry to inform you, but Suker did play :) He came in the second half of the extra time. He was the first shooter for Arsenal in the penalty shootout (2nd overall) and he hit the post!!! :) :) Now why couldn't he do that against Romania at WC 98!!??? ;)

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 18-05-2000).]

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
great match,i don't like arsenal so i was on galatasaray's side.
champions for the very first time,congratulations!!!!!!!
gala has a great team,thats really true
do you think they will keep it for next year or will many players leave?
i think maybe 2 players will leave!!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
NICK, nobody knows for sure yet. Hakan might be leaving. Since they are a new, fresh and excellent market for all the teams in europe, everyone wants them.

However, if coach Terim stays, i am almost sure all of them will stay. I think Terim might leave. Thats what he said he might do cuz he already achieved so much with Galata in Turkey and now outside.

Striker Arif might go to Valencia. Hakan to any big club. Emre also is wanted by numerous big ones like real, barca and inter..i would definitely buy him if i were them but i hope he doesnt leave. Umit might go to Milan.And Ergun to monaco...
These are offers made to the club. I hope all will stay :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Carlito - vatandas.

I think u r exaggerating this whole transfer talk a bit.

Galata is good as a team, some good individual players yes! But they are not THAT good as u say!

Hakan has already been in Italy as u probably know - result 4 or 5 games played and then he ran home to his moms.
The turks have a big problem with this practise bit the most important thing, they would never adapt to the italian style or the physical style as in PL.
They have to work harder than they're doing today and that's something they all are aware of..it's fact and u know this.

Besided why would they wanna leave Turkey? For money?? No way, they make GOOOOOOOOOOOOD money now, they are treated like kings, they don't have to pay at restaurants etc etc. Nor their parents, relatives and so on. Lots of girls, lots of fame, heavy cars...

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Rollo,

I am not exxageratinmg anything. and i didnt say they are perfect players. What i said is they are almosy perfect team.

Now, about the transfers
Do u need proofs?
everyone knows that Milan and Aston Villa are interested in signiing Hakan.

Arif was quoted last week in all the papers admitting that Valencia had already offered him a place for next year. This is completely true. Also, because if u watched the game mallorca, he was the star of the night, playing an amazing game.

We all know that Many clubs are after Emre.
If u can speak italian go look in la gazzetta della sport and look for news in emre. I saw 2 times news about him there that Inter wanted to sign him. I am not gonna even mention the turkish papers. u see the same everyday about Emre.

Managers sent by the club Monaco came to Ergun(not the club though) if he would like to play in Monaco. He admitted it himself long time ago. I see that in papers also almost everyday.

Finally, Rollo, i am not exxaggerating anything. I hope i convinced u enough.
I am assuming u read the turkish papers. Look in them once in a while. I do everyday almost all the top ones in turkey and Italy therefore i know pretty mch about whats going on.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So Arif had a good game?

Emre and Abdullah are my favourites, hopefully they will come "out" and adapt and succeed so that other turkish players have the guts to do the same.

Arif and Hakan? hmmm I hope but I doubt it!

It's also a fact that after a great victory like this last one, players talk about themselves in media in order to get a bigger paycheck!

Also just 'cause a club shows interest in a player doesn't mean that he is a star or has a place in that team.

Ask any manager in Europe about Hakan, every one would say that he's star material...but is he wanted for real?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts