1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a)Spalletti leaves
b)Change his system
c)Get a world class striker

At this stage I wish any of the above three choices to happen. I am tired of the same story every year. I know it is still early and all, but you can tell alot from the book cover. We have been thorugh alot and we know this team very well. Bottom line: nothing changed, nothing will unless.. see above.

If we win anything of significance without the above conditions, I promise not to post here ever again.

Quote me. Make it a sticky.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Stop starting random threads. You can focus all your frustrations in one damn thread. The solution, the formation, etc etc can all be done here.

I am closing the solution thread. Its the first game and a draw. We didn't lose 5 games in a row yet.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
The funny thing is GO12 talks as if we are Real o Man Utd and should be expected to win titles each year, and only bad formation/coaching is stopping us, when it's quite obviously not the case.

Anyway, I will remember this thread just in case. ;)

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stop starting random threads. You can focus all your frustrations in one damn thread. The solution, the formation, etc etc can all be done here.

I am closing the solution thread. Its the first game and a draw. We didn't lose 5 games in a row yet.
Since when you own this forum? Last I checked opening threads is not against the rules.

It is not we have a super busy forum anyways, some action would make it more lively I guess.

Stop focusing your frusturation on me. Open a thread yourselves, it helps.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The funny thing is GO12 talks as if we are Real o Man Utd and should be expected to win titles each year, and only bad formation/coaching is stopping us, when it's quite obviously not the case.

Anyway, I will remember this thread just in case. ;)
The last time we hade + 20 mil budget we won a scudetto and was one point close from winning another.

So I guess ihave the right to demand results here. Especially after being in the 2nd place for the 3rd year in a row. Show some ambition!

..and for the last part, I don't make risky bets! ;)

or maybe in this case :(

·
Registered
18,451 Posts
Since when you own this forum? Last I checked opening threads is not against the rules.

It is not we have a super busy forum anyways, some action would make it more lively I guess.

It's just really annoying to read about someone's frustrations the way you let them out. If you could think for more than 10 seconds before shitting all over the keyboard I think everyone would appreciate that.

You keep mentioning the market, the market, and the market, but seem to forget the salary cap, the salary cap, the salary cap, and the overall unequal quality you have with other top sides because of it. Without Spaletti, I could easily see you guys having finished one season 4-5th position, maybe a really great season at 3rd position, etc. Just think. Please. And it takes more than 20 seconds to think about all the factors that have put Roma in their current situation.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts

I, Lista, and Demandred "manage" the threads. Its our job to keep things in order. Not to have 10 threads open with a handful of posts ranting and raving.

We're not a super busy forum and your opening random things of frustration won't make it any busier. We don't want this forum to be another Inter like forum with stupid threads about crap.

Long story short, I will close or delete the threads as I see fit regardless of what you think. Stop focusing your rebellion on me since you can't fire Spalletti. Come up with some original ideas besides the formation and lack of a stiker we can't afford.

It helps.

And I won't respond to your reply since its inevitable you won't respect the forum managers as always and will say what you want. I'l simply delete, close, edit whatever I have to.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
The last time we hade + 20 mil budget we won a scudetto and was one point close from winning another.

So I guess ihave the right to demand results here. Especially after being in the 2nd place for the 3rd year in a row. Show some ambition!
The last time we had 20+ mill. we spent way more than this year (especially if we add Nakata who was signed months before).

But I have no problem with your ambition claims, what I find tedious is how you blame every bad result on the formation and Spalletti's stubborness and never gives them credit for the good things we achieve. It's way too simplistic.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
c)Get a world class striker
As mentioned in another thread, we don't have the finances or the wage budget but you can't seem to get this through you head.

Of our targets, I would only consider Mutu world class. We bid 20M for him, the club accepted then Prandelli threatened to quit. He stayed.

If he came, he would have played out wide. You would be surely whinging if this was the case. Yet he plays out wide for Fiorentina.

We wanted Iaquinta. Juve wanted Aquilani in return. Only an idiot would make that swap. He stayed. You would surely be whinging if this was the case. Yet he plays out wide for Juve regularly and for the NT too.

We bid 20M for Huntelaar but we were rejected. At that price, he would have been a big risk anyway. He stayed.

Apart from that though, not too much else was available considering our budget.

We probably should have made a play at Gilardino considering Fiorentina signed him for 15M. But then again, no guarantee of success considering he failed at a big club already.

What other "world class" strikers were available?

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I, Lista, and Demandred "manage" the threads. Its our job to keep things in order. Not to have 10 threads open with a handful of posts ranting and raving.

We're not a super busy forum and your opening random things of frustration won't make it any busier. We don't want this forum to be another Inter like forum with stupid threads about crap.

Long story short, I will close or delete the threads as I see fit regardless of what you think. Stop focusing your rebellion on me since you can't fire Spalletti. Come up with some original ideas besides the formation and lack of a stiker we can't afford.

It helps.

And I won't respond to your reply since its inevitable you won't respect the forum managers as always and will say what you want. I'l simply delete, close, edit whatever I have to.
Your OCD is clicking again? Find a shrink. You're over reacting over a freaking thread FFS.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Getting rid of Spaletti would be one of the most retarded decsions Roma could possibly make.

You challenge for the title with minimal funds and you play some of the best football in Europe. He's doing fine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Getting rid of Spaletti would be one of the most retarded decsions Roma could possibly make.

You challenge for the title with minimal funds and you play some of the best football in Europe. He's doing fine.

I couldn't agree more.
Who else would we get if we ditched Spaletti? Who esle is affordable and available?
I think Spaletti is a good choice, considering our funds and squad, probably the best.
Above all he shows character and I think that fits in pretty well with the way Roma functions, not only as a team but also as a business.
I just couldn't imagine Mourinho coaching Roma, it wouldn't fit.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
well, GO12 seems to forget our budget, volatile environment, appeal (or lack thereof), salary cap and the achievements Spalletti made inspite of all of that.

we won't win anything if Spalletti leaves, since I don't think we can afford or attract a better coach and even if we did there's no telling if he could create a harmonized unit out of our squad like Spalletti did.
the system is fine, as long as it's played with the right players. we need to work on our finishing though (this doesn't equal signing a striker).
considering the above I do not think signing a striker, world class or otherwise, is necessary.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spalletti does a good job building team units from nothing but he is not a winner. Just like many coaches who know how to train a team and put it together but they don't have the enough tactical skills to change a game or grasp a difficult win. They are coaches not tacticians. They do well at youth levels and middle table teams.

On the other hand there is this type of coaches who know how to lead an already formed team to success. They know how to win and they know how to act at different situations and under pressure. They usually finish the unfinished business. That's what we deseperately need at this stage.

Spalletti reached his full potential with Roma. That's an obvious observation based on the lack of team progression over some period of time now in the presence of all the factors needed for success. We can continue with him on the same level but if change doesn't happen failure is inevitable.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Spalletti does a good job building team units from nothing but he is not a winner. Just like many coaches who know how to train a team and put it together but they don't have the enough tactical skills to change a game or grasp a difficult win. They are coaches not tacticians. They do well at youth levels and middle table teams.

On the other hand there is this type of coaches who know how to lead an already formed team to success. They know how to win and they know how to act at different situations and under pressure. They usually finish the unfinished business. That's what we deseperately need at this stage.

Spalletti reached his full potential with Roma. That's an obvious observation based on the lack of team progression over some period of time now in the presence of all the factors needed for success. We can continue with him on the same level but if change doesn't happen failure is inevitable.
Well I can't say I entirely agree with that... I think Spaletti can move something.
Anyway what kind of coach are we talking about here?
Mourinho, Ancelotti, Lippi, Capello?
Non of them are available and Capello wouldn't make it into the Olimpico - in one piece :rollani:...

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Well I can't say I entirely agree with that... I think Spaletti can move something.
Anyway what kind of coach are we talking about here?
Mourinho, Ancelotti, Lippi, Capello?
Non of them are available and Capello wouldn't make it into the Olimpico - in one piece :rollani:...
Reasoning with GO12 isn't possible. Unfortunately he thinks this is like playing Championship Manager - where a few clicks of the mouse and you can change the formation. Logic doesn't enter his broken record.

I wouldn't swap Spalletti for anyone. What he has achieved here is remarkable. Considering the state we were in before he was appointed.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.