Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Savo Milosevic Eyes Shock Villa Return
News Archive

Milosevic wants a return to the Premiership (Allsport)
06/25/2002. Former Aston Villa striker Savo Milosevic would like to return to the Premiership and has not ruled out a move back to Villa Park.

The Yugoslav's agent, Danny Kovic, says that the Parma star, who fell out with former Villa boss John Gregory after spitting at a group of fans during a game at Blackburn, would be interested in returning under new boss Graham Taylor.

Speaking to the Birmingham Evening Mail, Kovic said, "He is interested in coming back to Villa. He likes the thought of London but has good memories of his time in Birmingham and a move back to Villa wouldn't be out of the question. There are some conversations going on but we are at the beginning of negotiations. Savo is still a young man. He has had some very good years abroad and is at his best at the moment."

"He has grown up a bit. That's not to say he was of bad behaviour in Birmingham before - he was very popular - but the change of manager played a part. He wasn't in favour with Gregory, who thought he was too selfish as a player and didn't fit into his ideas. But the chances of him coming back to Villa are now very good as far as Parma and himself are concerned. It's just a question as to whether the club are ready, willing and able to do the deal."

From Soccerage.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Would be great. But I'm afraid we won't get much for him. It's very difficult selling a player such as him with a high salary and all...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
In another report it states that Villa dont want him and Espanyol have made a £4.5m bid. It isn't much, but we are not getting anything from him, so near on £5m isn't bad cash.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I'd easily take the £4.5 m and run!

He's useless to us, so just take what we can get get for the guy and move on. That's what we should do.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'd accept £5 for him, as long as we don't have to waste money on his wages!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts