Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Milan following Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy
tribalfootball.com - March 22, 2006

Inter Milan patron Massimo Moratti admits he's following Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy and Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

The 28-year-old Henry is discussing a new contract at Arsenal, while Van Nistelrooy, 29, has lost his place to Louis Saha at Manchester United.

Moratti said: "Henry is a player I enjoy watching.

"The difference between Henry and Van Nistelrooy is I know Van Nistelrooy is not happy in Manchester."

Moratti said on the club's website: "I think the Frenchman is happy in London and Arsenal are preparing a contract extension for him.

"Hence, they have first choice. It would be a different situation if the player wanted to have another experience elsewhere."

Henry's Arsenal deal expires in the summer of 2007 and he has been linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Arsenal are hoping he will sign an extension - but if he fails to agree a new deal his fee will fall next season.

Moratti said: "We wouldn't take advantage of this as it wouldn't be an honourable move. We don't do this between big clubs."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Van could be Inter’s man Tuesday 21 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter may switch their Premiership eyes from Arsenal’s Thierry Henry to disgruntled Manchester United forward Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Although the Frenchman is undoubtedly at the top of their transfer wish-list, owner Massimo Moratti concedes that the Dutchman is a more likely arrival.

“Henry is a player I enjoy watching,” again admitted Moratti, who continues to be a great source for transfer writers.

“However, I understand the Frenchman is happy in London and Arsenal are preparing a contract extension for him.

“Therefore, they have first choice. It would be a different situation if the player wanted to have another experience elsewhere.

“The difference between Henry and Van Nistelrooy is I know Van Nistelrooy is not happy in Manchester."

Henry is pondering his future at Highbury, while the Old Trafford scoring sensation – who has also been linked with Milan – has recently got used to life on the bench given the form of Louis Saha.

The Nerazzurri are looking for a new striker in the summer in a bid to find an adequate partner for Adriano.

But despite what Moratti has said on Tuesday, there remains the possibility that he will decide to take Ronaldo back from Real Madrid in the summer.

The Brazilian, who left the San Siro for Spain after the 2002 World Cup, is looking for a move after falling out of favour at the Bernabeu.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated: March 21, 2006
Inter chief interested in Henry and Ruud

Inter Milan have opened the door for Thierry Henry to join them should he decide he wants to leave Arsenal but believe Ruud van Nistelrooy is a more attainable target.

Inter owner Massimo Moratti has also hinted the Serie A giants are interested in Manchester United striker Van Nistelrooy with the Dutchman having lost his place in the club's starting line-up to Louis Saha.

'I think the Frenchman is happy in London and Arsenal are preparing a contract extension for him,' Moratti said on the club's website.

'Hence, they have first choice.

'It would be a different situation if the player wanted to have another experience elsewhere.

'Henry is a player I enjoy watching.'

Henry's current Arsenal deal expires in the summer of 2007 and he has been linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Arsenal are hoping he will sign an extension. If he does not, clubs may offer Arsenal a transfer fee for the player before the end of next season.

'His buy-out clause is low?' Morrati said. 'We wouldn't take advantage of this as it wouldn't be an honourable move. We don't do this between big clubs.'

Henry had an unsuccessful stint with Juventus in 1998-99.

As for Van Nistelrooy, United are adamant the 29-year-old will not be sold in the summer but Moratti believes he would be a more realistic target.

'Van Nistelrooy is a very good forward,' Moratti told www.gazzetta.it.

'The difference between Henry and Van Nistelrooy is I know Van Nistelrooy is not happy in Manchester.'

soccernet

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
RVN is just the type of player we need, a world class poacher.

He would score 20+ goals for us guaranteed. Sadly, I doubt Man United will sell him and if they did we would face stiff competiton from other clubs.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inter Milan prepare to splash out on Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy
tribalfootball.com - March 22, 2006

Inter Milan will bid for Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy in the summer.

Inter patron Massimo Moratti has declared his interest in the Dutchman in the last 24 hours and The Times says Van Nistelrooy is the Serie A club's No1 target - ahead of Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

Moratti doesn't want to get into a bidding war with Barcelona for Henry and instead will try to prise Van Nistelrooy away from Old Trafford.

The Italians have monitored the Holland forward's situation at Old Trafford for more than a year.

Van Nistelrooy has played only 34 minutes for United since being chastised by Sir Alex Ferguson for failing to chase down a loose ball in the final minutes of the FA Cup fifth-round defeat by Liverpool at Anfield a little more than a month ago.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Bandiera said:
Carson is there anything that you don't paste? :eekani:
i like the way he posts something :D :pp

KUTGW Carson :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I somehow doubt it will happen but anyway..unless theres REALY A HUGE BUST UP WITH SAF& HIM.
but the guy IS MAn United and hes a GOAL MACHINE..unless they want to cash in on him while thy still can ..I doubt it...

but heres to dreaming..

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
We dont need the horse...

Maximum, a support striker for RECOBA's back up would be nice.

ADP???? :D

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Michael said:
You guys want VanNis to play with Adriano? :stress: :googly:
Thats the exact thing that i was thinking....at the moment we are all complaining on the way Adriano is played, and the way he comes back to pick up the ball from the midfield. Everyone wants Adriano to play as a typical targetman, which at the moment is Martins. In the possible arrival of Ruud, Adriano would be played the same way he is atm, because Ruud is a targetman type style striker, and i do not think Ruud and Adriano can form a good partnership. The player we ultimately need is a man called Henry

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
vlepnat said:
Thats the exact thing that i was thinking....at the moment we are all complaining on the way Adriano is played, and the way he comes back to pick up the ball from the midfield. Everyone wants Adriano to play as a typical targetman, which at the moment is Martins. In the possible arrival of Ruud, Adriano would be played the same way he is atm, because Ruud is a targetman type style striker, and i do not think Ruud and Adriano can form a good partnership. The player we ultimately need is a man called Henry
I couldn't agree more :thumbsup: ........but Henry seems Barca bound :frownani:

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Zannettiforever said:
I couldn't agree more :thumbsup: ........but Henry seems Barca bound :frownani:
I havent heard much about Henry going to Barca, well Henry certainly hasnt declared anything. I think anything is possible at this point in time. We missed out a great opportunity in the winter to sign Cassano. But back then we were to pre occupied by the fact that Martins doesnt deserve to be benched, and the team serenity would be disturbed, in any case we didnt go to well after the new year.

Big mistake on our managements part to not sign Cassano

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
vlepnat said:
yes it would be the same style, but the difference would be that RVN is perhaps the best boxstriker in the world and martins is a piece of shit who cant hit the goal. Seriously how can a team, who has big ambitions of winning stuff, play with a target man such as martins who is like just above the height of a dwarf and cant hit the back of a barn from 6 feet away. I agree it wouldnt be a solution for Adriano's problem, but the club shouldnt evolve arround Adriano, Adriano must evolve arround the club. Ruud would solve our goals problems for sure, his goals pr game stat is very high. If only Adriano could learn to dribble decently and use his right foot he could function as a forward :rolleyes:.

Henry would be better for sure, but RVN would still be a great transfer.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Adriano10 said:
We dont need the horse...

Maximum, a support striker for RECOBA's back up would be nice.

ADP???? :D
Haha, you don't need the horse? :rollani:

You need any kind of world class player to your squad if you are serious about your scudetto ambitions.

But forget it, Ruud is staying till 2008 then he'll finish his career in PSV.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bandiera said:
Carson is there anything that you don't paste? :eekani:
:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts