Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
although I think that it is not right to speak prematurely about anything, I have to say that i am excited about Messi and what he will bring to the argentinian team.
Here is what Julio Humberto Grondona the president of the football association said:

"I hope he never changes his style of play.

"We are very hopeful for his future and, without wanting to compare him to Diego Maradona, Messi is playing like Maradona did in 1979."

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Grondona is on acid, Messi is nowhere near Maradona, though he is awesome and mature, Messi will have a tough task to be even near RG in the future.

This doesn't mean that Messi can become our best player in the Cup, nor like even being bless with lotsssssssssssssss of wind on favour world champ...nothing of these? will put him close to MAradona's talent from what we seen; he will still have to improve A LOT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't agree with comparing players with Maradona too. There are a number of players who were compared to Maradona but they turned to not come even near his way of play.
I just think that Messi is promising and i expect that he will give us some great football to watch.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
messi pulled a hamstring in championls league match.#
not sure how long he'l be out for.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Ouch :googly:

But you know, it might actually be a good thing so long as he recovers properly. It'll get the boy a well-earned rest and if he loses the injury, which he will, he'll be raring to go again.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Second injury in less than 1 month. I just hope this stops now. I dont want to even think about him becoming an injury prone player.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
1. it is now said messi could be out for 4 to 6 weeks.
2. i am not relying on messi to do well in world cup. i am not relying on an player. im relying on good team performances. however i expect tevez to shine in world cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts