Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the beer ;) BUT we need the Duff from Blackburn...

We need him to partner up Ruud as he has so much speed and energy which could be a huge help for Ruud to put in a nother 35 next year...

Ole Solskjear is a great striker and id like him to play BUT he is a "finisher" just like Ruud, we need more pace, skill, and energy just like Duffy to help us out!

It would be a great signing, well dats wot i rekn!

What do u boyz think?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
i think we should attempt to sign del piero. we've got £10M in the kitty plus whatever we can recoup on sales, so that's £5M for yorke and around £30M for seba. we could probably get del boy for around £30M, if not through an exchange and have £15M left to spend on a decent defender.

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
I'm all for selling Yorke, but I don't think we need another high-profile striker. RVN and Solskjær combined have scored enough this season as well as the rest of the team. I feel we need to go after some good defenders first and then see what's left after that. :)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i think Di Canio should be bought, and for up to 5 million, whatver it takes. hes the man capable of opening up defences and is what man united really needed against leverkusen, that leaves a remaining £35 million or so (after sales of seba, yorke) pluis the £10 million already in the kitty. with this money, 2 WORLD-CLASS defenders should be bought. and a young midfielder with lots of potential (van bommel)

·
Registered
116 Posts
We need a top class centre back and a striker to partner Ruud. Where we get the money for this i don't know because I think Fergie will be too stubborn to sell Veron. I think we also need a few young promising players to strenghten the squad after the departures of Irwin, Johnsen, Yorke and perhaps Phil Neville. This is an area we are struggling against Arsenal and Liverpool as they are snapping up promising 16 and 17 year olds and developing them. Houllier and Wenger seem to have a greater knowledge of world football and the best young players whereas Fergie seems more interested in young horses:D . With a bit more defensive solidarity we'll be back at the top where we belong next season.

·
Registered
322 Posts
we just need 2 central defenders,hopefully thuram for one which would probaly cost around 20m and another striker ,i would much rather trezeguet than delperio but there`s not much chance of getting him.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
I think Fergie is thinking of playing Duff as a left winger and putting Giggs up front. But we dont need another striker imo.
NEVER play giggs upfront, even though he is capable..hes far more effetive on left wing...when he plays upfront and leaves the left flank, the team loses a whole dimension altogether

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Besides the players who's already left,Phizza and Yorke are almost certainties to leave.Phil Neville's use with us is over and we are better without him while Yorke has forgotten how play to football let alone which way the goal is.:rollani:

Still selling these two players wont be enough to get adequate money for some of the much needed transfers.Thats where Seba comes along and I wont be surprised if he is sold,though I'd like him to stay on for atleast another season.If Veron is sold then someone like Duff or DiCanio might arrive.Del Piero is out of our reach with Juve winning the Scudetto this season and all.

Apart from a striker/midfielder we need a couple good defenders.Thuram and Ferdinand are the ones who are hotly tipped to arrive though if we fail to get Rio then perhaps Ayala will be a red soon.:)Fergie's trying his best to keep Blanc but the Frenchman cannot last another whole season so we need a solid pairing of two WClass defenders while Blanc can play the filling role whenever needed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Apart from a striker/midfielder we need a couple good defenders.Thuram and Ferdinand are the ones who are hotly tipped to arrive though if we fail to get Rio then perhaps Ayala will be a red soon
Please sign Rio Ferdinand, pretty please. He is a young Lauren Blanc.:D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Rocky Starr said:

Please sign Rio Ferdinand, pretty please. He is a young Lauren Blanc.:D
Shows how much you know about football.;)

Rio's been the best defender in the first half of the season when Leeds had the best defensive record and there is not another defender in the Premiership who's as comfortable with the ball on his feet as Ferdinand.He's quick and strong and England's got a perfect pairing for the WC as Campbell and Ferdinand balance each other pretty well.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think Fergie would love to have the felxibility that Duff would bring to the team. Duff and Giggs would be able to interchange between playing upfront and playing on the left...

But I reckon Duffer is too good for yas ... Only one team for Duffer - Blackburn.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts