Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Montevideo, this game will pair surprising Chile vs inconsistent Uruguay.

Uruguay Coach Carrasco said that the same team that crushed Bolivia will play against Chile

These are the international "reserved" players by Carrasco

Gustavo Munúa (Deportivo La Coruña, España), Golero
Christian González (Las Palmas, España), Defensa
Diego López (Cagliari, Italia), Defensa
Nelson Abeijón (Como, Italia), Volante
Martín Ligüera (Mallorca, España), Volante
Alvaro Recoba (Inter, Italia), Volante
Nery Castillo (Olympiakos, Grecia), Delantero
Javier Chevantón (Lecce, Italia), Delantero
Diego Forlán (Manchester United, Inglaterra), Delantero
Germán Hornos (Sevilla, España), Delantero
Richard Núñez (Grasshoppers, Suiza), Volante o Delantero
Marcelo Zalayeta (Juventus, Italia), Delantero

My question is where is Walter Pandiani name on this list????

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Juvenal Olmos, Chlie's coach, called on injured Marcelo Salas and David Pizarro for the next two games.

This is the list.

Keepers: Nelson Tapia (Cobreloa), Alex Varas (S. Wanderers) y Carlos Ortega (U. de Concepción).
Defenders: Rodrigo Pérez y Luis Fuentes (Cobreloa); Cristián Alvarez, Mark González y Miguel Ramírez (UC); Rafael Olarra (Independiente), Pablo Contreras (Celta de Vigo) y Ricardo Rojas (América).
Midfielders: David Pizarro (Udinese), Nicolás Córdova (Bari), Milovan Mirosevic (Racing), Rodrigo Meléndez (Quilmes), Raúl Muñoz (San Luis de Potosí), Jorge Acuña (Feyenoord), Fernando Martel (Jaguares de Chipas), Marcos González (U. de Chile) y Boris González (Cobreloa).
Forwards: Marcelo Salas (River Plate), Mauricio Pinilla (Chievo Verona), Reinaldo Navia (Morelia), Héctor Tapia (Lille), Arturo Norambuena (UC), Manuel Neira (Colo Colo) y Patricio Galaz (Cobreloa).

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I'm really puzzled as to the situation of Pardo, Tello and Maldonado. Surely they should be at least in the squad, especially Pardo.
This game has a lot of pride at stake for me. Good friends with a few Uruguayans ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have the same wonder Gabemar,where is Walter Pandiani.He is in such a great form.He scored in about 10 games in the row.But of course,Uruguay has not any attacking problems with players like Chevanton,Forlan up front.Tommorow the issue with Nery Castillo will be over as he will take his final desicion,if he accepts Urugayan or Mexican NT.

Chile.Maldonado seems not to have good relationships with Olmos.Rodrigo Tello,this year has the trust of his coach Fernando Santos in Sporting Lisbon,but Olmos thinks he has better players.:rolleyes: About Pardo,i really can't understand why he is not in la roja,while a sub of the same club,Acuna,is regular!Salas as always injured and unable to help,Pizarro as always "i'll play,no i won't play" ,and so we wait a wonder from Mirosevic for example,or Pinilla who never see first team in Chievo,but surely has enough talent to help us.Never mind he thinks he is a rock star!:D

I predict,AT LEAST a draw for Chile though!!:happy:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Carrasco Team for Chilie & Brasil

Nombre--------------- Puesto----------------Equipo

Gustavo Munúa------Golero-----------------Dep. La Coruña (España)
Luis Barbat-----------Golero-----------------Danubio
Adrián Romero-------Defensa---------------Cerro
Alejandro Lago-------Defensa---------------Peñarol
Christian González--Defensa---------------Las Palmas (España)
Diego López----------Defensa---------------Cagliari (Italia)
Joe Bizera-------------Defensa---------------Peñarol
Martín Ligüera--------Volante----------------Mallorca (España)
Nelson Abeijón-------Volante----------------Como (Italia)
Pablo Munhoz--------Volante----------------Defensor Sporting
Marcelo Sosa---------Volante----------------Danubio
Alvaro Recoba--------Volante----------------Internazionale (Italia)
Richard Núñez--------Polifuncional----------Grasshopper (Suiza)
Carlos Bueno---------Delantero-------------Peñarol
Diego Forlán----------Delantero-------------M. United (Inglaterra)
Germán Hornos-------Delantero------------Sevilla (España)
Horacio Peralta-------Delantero-------------Nacional
Javier Chevantón-----Delantero-------------Lecce (Italia)
Marcelo Zalayeta-----Delantero-------------Juventus (Italia)
Vicente Sánchez------Delantero-------------Toluca (México)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I dont know what to think about my NT, anymore. I love Carrasco's ideas I just wish someone else would pick the team.

There is no reason why we shouldn'y beat Chilie at home.
(No offense to Chilienos I dont expect to beat you in Santiago)

But here are the reason why I think they will take some points from us.

1st. Survive the first half.

The secret is out. Survive the first half against us, and we will run out of gas in the second. Chilie coach know's this, and will use it to his advantage.

2nd.

Player selection. Munua is a piece of crap. I honeslty believe I could have stopped the first 2 goals in the Paraguay match. I'm sure he wil be ready though after playing his part in the most humiliating loss in Champions League history. Helping out Monaco to a 8-3 drubbing og Deportivo.

Zalayeta? I know if he scores I will have to eat my words, but how do you justify his call up when he hasnt scored this year, or even started 1 game with Juventus, while Pandiani is breaking records with Deportivo?

3rd. Defence

How can you not call up Lembo, Tais, Rodrigues or Varela considering the way the defence played against Paraguay.

Seriously look at the players he called. He has 7 forwards, plus
Liguera, Chino, & Nunez who are all practically forwards.

10 Forwards for 2 games, when you have a base of Forlan, Cheva, & Bueno. Plus Nerry turned down his invitation. That would have been 11.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I've never heard of this Mexico thing.

From what I read he said no, because he felt he wasn't ready for the NT yet, and that he was honored for being chosen.

The paper suggested that he doesn't want loose his starting place at Olymiakos, and that he is still upset, at the federation, because of the way, he was treated by the youth NT.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Yes,Castillo took his final devision.

He said that the most important thing for him now is Olympiakos and especially the super-derby against Panathinaikos this weekend.A week before he has also said,that he was very disapponted since he has not be a part of Uruguay's U-17.

The good for you Seb though,is that he left the window open saying that he will be available for a future call-up.

:)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
No, he wa really lucky to get a call up. Since he turned it down, I know Carrasco will never call him again.

So in the future if he ets another chance then he better take it, bc if you turn down the NT twice, then you will never get another call ever, if he even gets the second one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
So he won't play for Mexico?

He will be very useful in our team....

I want to find out if hes defied his father and has actually turned Lavolpe down as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well he's father is a mexican...and Nery was born in Mexico but came down to Uruguay when he was 10..

His father told him to play for Mexico.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uruguay earned a hard fought win, coming back from behind to beat a very tough Chilean team. They have to comeback from behind after Munua gifted La roja a goal. But not to worry after Chevanton scored from a free kick:) Tapia, Chile's goalie, gave gift back to the Uruguayans with a horrible play in the Romero's goal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts