Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is naming the squad later today for the 2 WCQ's against Montenegro and Ireland (should be announced any minute now, or maybe he will wait until after Napoli-Milan) and I have to be honest, I am very nervous and scared, but at the same time, excited, but, its probably all false hope :moan: Hopefully the list of players wont be too bad though

Please call up Cassano :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
scared of the call-ups? Never. Anyway from these games we must aim for 6 points. However both are tricky.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More worried and anxious than scared.......I mean, everytime there is a possibility that he will call up Del Piero (why cant he just retire......) and it is probable that he will call up Pepe and leave Cassano home I think its normal to be worried :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Pepe will be called as an option for the wide attack role which he performs well in for Udinese (especially now Camoranesi is injured) so its hardly a crime. Cassano should be called in place of Di Natale or as an added extra to the attacking squad (replacing the 100 midfielders Lippi seems to call). I would definitely call Cassano and Pazzini for this squad now just because they are the 2 most inform players in Serie A.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PORTIERI: Amelia (Palermo), Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Galatasaray). DIFENSORI: Bocchetti (Genoa), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Lione), Motta (Roma), Zambrotta (Milan)
CENTROCAMPISTI: Brighi (Roma), De Rossi (Roma), Foggia (Lazio), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pirlo (Milan)
ATTACCANTI: Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Quagliarella (Udinese), G. Rossi (Villarreal).

:moan:

Lippi is truly clueless! Does he not understand the MAIN reason Pazzini is doing so well is all thanks to Cassano? Well, he's not clueless, its more like what Toni says, ''Lippi and Friends'' :yuck:

Bocchetti :howler: At least he called up Motta! Should have called up Santon too ahead of Dossena.........Pepe :yuck:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
OK well we have Bocchetti who has been performing well in Genoa admittedly this season, but was the disaster of our olympic squad. Anyway we will give him a chance because of his form at Genoa (but that said IMO it is Ferrari who deserves it). We have Foggia, who I do like as a player, but am very surprised to see called. I mean lets be honest, if you want a Foggia type player in the squad then why not call Giovinco who is now getting game time with Juve? However in attack it is clear that Cassano > Quagliarella. This is a very surprising issue with Lippi. OF course as he said the team is before any individual, but Cassano is on fire, he had a good attitude at the Euro and he is one of the best players of Serie A currently. We can not keep dismissing him for the Udinese tridente (well in particular Quagliarella or Di Natale) just because they will not answer the manager back. As far as Im concerned we will never see Cassano as the Azzurri number 10 while Lippi is in charge, I guess all of you out there still hate Donadoni's guts ay?

Anyway I am glad Brighi finally got his call and Motta is there and to be fair, apart from the lack of Cassano, the squad is not terrible.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Watch Pazzini not the same player at all without Cassano :D

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
this forward line is terrible. we will rely on Pazzini and Iaquinta, no first team experience, to get goals.

he better not ****ing play montolivo again either

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lets not forget we do have Rossi in the squad. I think he will play a Rossi-Iaquinta attack line in the game against Montenegro. Most likely Pepe will be the wide supporting player and the midfield will consist of DDR, Pirlo and I hope Brighi. Defence will pick itself (Zambrotta, Canna, Chiellini and Grosso) and of course Buffon in goal. So that team on paper is not terrible to begin with. Just hope Rossi doesnt get injured in the game v Motnenegro.

Iaquinta and Pazzini doesnt have goals at International level but thats because Iaquinta has rarely been a number 9 for Italy and Pazzini has never played for them. Give them a chance.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can handle the crappy call ups for the friendly against Brazil but this is a WCQ! Its when the best players should be called up, the ones who deserve it!

Just off the top of my head, some more deserving call ups..........

Criscito, Santacroce, Coda, Canini, Bovo, >Bocchetti
Santon, Molinaro, Criscito>Dossena
Giovinco, Abate>Foggia
Marchisio(I know he is injured but he wouldn't have been called anyways....), Galloppa, Cigarini, Guarente, D'Agostino>Montolivo (Until this guy starts showing something he shouldn't be called up)
Cassano, Giovinco, Abate, Mascara, Balotelli, >Pepe
Cassano, Miccoli, Di Vaio, Balotelli>Quagliarella

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
di natale has to be better than pepe....

deano I'm not blaming you (blaming Lippi) but the first squad you posted is shit in shit system with shit wide forwards

tired of 4-3-3 udinese

:frustrat:

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Its a pretty average list, but you got to note certain things. Foggia is starter, Gio is just started to play more regular football.

It seems to me that Dossena is starting to look like Lippis new fav player. I find him average player. But saying Molinaro should be called up, is stretching it imo :D, but one of Santon or Criscito def any day over Dossena.

The 4-3-3 is starting to scare me, Lippi seems too obsessed with it. Imo Italy cant play 4-3-3 with these players we have right now.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wasn't saying Giovinco or Molinaro should be called up, but, before those players that were called up definitely!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My starting 11 would be

-----------------------Buffon
Zambrotta----Cannavaro----Chiellini----Grosso
-----------------------(Pirlo)
-------------Brighi----Palombo----De Rossi
-----------------------(Pirlo)
----------------Iaquinta----Rossi

Basically Pirlo as the trequartista/regista :googly: :D A free role of some sorts. Would much rather have that than Foggia or Pepe on the wing :) Also would have Zambrotta and Grosso attacking a lot to get some width and also since we would have such good cover from Brighi, Palombo and De Rossi. I know it might look wierd but I think it could work pretty well, and, with the squad that we have, what other options do we have? Anything but that crappy 4-3-3

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I guess Cassano will have to literally walk on water first before Lippi calls him. Good to see Foggia and Brighi making it, though.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Wow, what a stubborn shit.

The amount of stubborn coaches there are that put their own preferences over the success of the team is disgusting.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think we have to consider that Cassano aside, Lippi has called up many players that are in-form, and this is what we would want anyway, and we still have a decent core of 'champions'.

And my team would be what I said before. Pepe as the hard working wide player. Rossi and Iaquinta upfront and DDR, Pirlo and Brighi midfield.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
1 - 20 of 112 Posts