Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think we gotta look seriously in the mirror and understand that the Baltic/Balkan are going to be a serious competitor to us in the future tournaments. They have been back to the competition since the early 90's and have build and improve their rapport on and on.

They are finally ready to compete with the big national teams and just as we talk about the 1993 victory over france and our successful NT games...so to will they talk about the 1-0 win on Israel and their future success.. It doesn't stop with Latvia and Ukraine. Estonia is improving, Lithuania is improving...Moldova was always a threat and may need to reshape themselves but they are coming back. Belarus sucked this tournament but gave Croatia a hard time.....
only time will tell i guess....

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think we gotta look seriously in the mirror and understand that the Baltic/Balkan are going to be a serious competitor to us in the future tournaments. They have been back to the competition since the early 90's and have build and improve their rapport on and on.

They are finally ready to compete with the big national teams and just as we talk about the 1993 victory over france and our successful NT games...so to will they talk about the 1-0 win on Israel and their future success.. It doesn't stop with Latvia and Ukraine. Estonia is improving, Lithuania is improving...Moldova was always a threat and may need to reshape themselves but they are coming back. Belarus sucked this tournament but gave Croatia a hard time.....
only time will tell i guess....
We will see how eastern europe has grown when Ukraine and Poland host the euro.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We will see how eastern europe has grown when Ukraine and Poland host the euro.
grown or not...
we will have to face them in upcoming competitions because there is literally 10 teams who come from that area and its all about the luck of the draw...so pot 2, 3, 4 will seed them...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Now that the wet dream is over, I would like to take this time to honor those who led us throughout this marvelous campaign...

First, I would like to thank coach Dror Kashtan for showing absolutely no ability to coach a national team. Forget the lack of tactical knowledge, this guy was an all-around idiot. His "strategy"(if that's what you want call it) throughout the campaign was to play slow and defensive until we concede. Only then, he would let them go on the offensive, the way it should be, and that's when we score. Even worst was the game in Greece. After tying at home 3 days earlier, you're now in a position that you must win this road game. A must-win game and you start the game by fielding 5 defenders(keep in mind that we're talking about Greece over here and not Brazil)... How the f**k do you expect to win a game like that?

Second, I would like thank IFA chairman Avi Luzon for constantly talking the talk, but not walking the walk. It's nice to have fantasies, but this guy is holding a very serious position. The national team is the roof of the Israeli Football and Luzon must understand that you can’t build the roof without building the base first. The clubs and their youth academies(if they have) are the base of Israeli Football and they’re not in a healthy state. Luzon should be more concerned about clubs having proper training facilities and equipment, establishing proper training(especially physical, I can’t stress that enough) that can rival English and Spanish clubs. Once a solid base is in place, we will double the amount of Israeli players playing in Europe within a year or two. And more importantly, our league will be a lot stronger and will able to compete in Europe on a regular basis. By taking these steps, you’re making it a lot easier for the national team to compete. I wish you, Luzon, can understand this but still, thank you for sharing your fantasies with us.

And last but not least, I would to thank our players(a few exceptions here) for clearly showing that they just don’t give a f**k about making it to the World Cup. I can’t recall one game throughout this campaign(friendlies don’t count) that the players showed a desire to win, a sense of urgency, an all-out attack to win a game. It only happens once we fall behind and it’s unacceptable. Maybe they thought they’ll cruise through this group or that the win will just come to them, but it didn’t happen. The game is not won until you win it. They didn’t.

There are too many mind-boggling events in this campaign and it shouldn’t be happening on the national team level. There’s no professionalism, desire, or enthusiasm. It’s all talk and I fear that it’s going to stay like that…
Daweed, i back your analysis. It really sums up most of my thoughts over this campaign and the structure of Israeli football.

Without a doubt, we need a brave coach who could use our players potential wisely and of course a chairman who realizes that the problem is not on the roof as you say it is on the base and the youth is the near future.
We have the talent, but we don´t have the adequate facilities to develop them properly, plus the fact we still even have the army service that interferes a bit on their growth as players.

A few players demonstrated will and the symbol is Benayoun. His explosive reaction after being sub was a proof of that. He got mad because he despite not at his best, was giving his best and wanted the NT to succeed and some players who were on the pitch didn´t even bother with it.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
grown or not...
we will have to face them in upcoming competitions because there is literally 10 teams who come from that area and its all about the luck of the draw...so pot 2, 3, 4 will seed them...
Israel in terms of talent is superior to Eastern European teams. If we had the proper development of players we would be having much better results.

Regarding the former Yugoslavian countries, especially Serbia and Croatia we are behind and they have talent, plus they know how to develop. This why Croatia has reached a 3rd place in a WC and many other good results as beating England in Wembley and Serbia tops their qualfying group over France and in the previous campaign conceded only one goal being ahead of Spain.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Benayoun, Sinai and Kashtan had a meeting after training session to discuss the issue of Yossi´s substitution on Saturday.

After and extensive talk it seems that the weather has got swifter and Benayoun could even start the game.

Aouate practiced normally and apparently recovered from injury. Toama had a flu and was dismissed. Yaniv Katan was also released in order to concentrate in the CL qualifier (sloppy excuse because Meshumar and Kiyal weren´t) the same with Keinan who is suspended for accumulating yellow cards.

Lineup that practiced today:

Aouate; Shpungin, Ben Haim, Strul, Ben Dayan; Kiyal, Cohen, Baruchyan, Benayoun; Barda, Sahar.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Israel in terms of talent is superior to Eastern European teams. If we had the proper development of players we would be having much better results.

Regarding the former Yugoslavian countries, especially Serbia and Croatia we are behind and they have talent, plus they know how to develop. This why Croatia has reached a 3rd place in a WC and many other good results as beating England in Wembley and Serbia tops their qualfying group over France and in the previous campaign conceded only one goal being ahead of Spain.
There is no justification on why Israel is better than Eastern European nations. Many of them had been part of the former soviet union and were influenced by the high level that soviet soccer competed on until the 1992. Eventhough they broke up, they fixed and created really challenging leauges and players.

Serbia and Croatia are both the strong team in the former Yugoslav, but they had their highs and lows. Achieving success in World Cup qualification in Serbia ment an embarrasing display in 2006. Croatia didnt do well since 2008 and they can also have bad moments. None the less they got many players playing abroad and their players are well sought since Croatia entered the EU and the plyers are part of the bosman rulings

Benayoun, Sinai and Kashtan had a meeting after training session to discuss the issue of Yossi´s substitution on Saturday.

After and extensive talk it seems that the weather has got swifter and Benayoun could even start the game.

Aouate practiced normally and apparently recovered from injury. Toama had a flu and was dismissed. Yaniv Katan was also released in order to concentrate in the CL qualifier (sloppy excuse because Meshumar and Kiyal weren´t) the same with Keinan who is suspended for accumulating yellow cards.

Lineup that practiced today:

Aouate; Shpungin, Ben Haim, Strul, Ben Dayan; Kiyal, Cohen, Baruchyan, Benayoun; Barda, Sahar.
Like I said....
Maccabi Haifa is a piece of sh!t team with players not caring enough for the NT. Clearly Latvia or Bayern Munich was on their mind. Not both. Why do they even bother to show up and play half ass. Play half ass against Munich..not in Israel.
:frustrat:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
There is no justification on why Israel is better than Eastern European nations. Many of them had been part of the former soviet union and were influenced by the high level that soviet soccer competed on until the 1992. Eventhough they broke up, they fixed and created really challenging leauges and players.

Serbia and Croatia are both the strong team in the former Yugoslav, but they had their highs and lows. Achieving success in World Cup qualification in Serbia ment an embarrasing display in 2006. Croatia didnt do well since 2008 and they can also have bad moments. None the less they got many players playing abroad and their players are well sought since Croatia entered the EU and the plyers are part of the bosman rulings
Soviet Union had a strong NT indeed, but their key players normally came from Russia or Ukraine, only few exceptions from other countries of the block.
Israel is ahead of many former Soviet Nations and i would say that it matches Ukraine and Russia, with the latter having a good moment with Guss Hiddink at helm, but don´t forget we didn´t lose for them in the previous campaign and actually if England didn´t screw up at home against Croatia they would be out because of their loss to Israel in Ramat Gan.
Also in head to head statistics Israel has a recent slight advantage.

Like I said....
Maccabi Haifa is a piece of sh!t team with players not caring enough for the NT. Clearly Latvia or Bayern Munich was on their mind. Not both. Why do they even bother to show up and play half ass. Play half ass against Munich..not in Israel.
:frustrat:
Well, Israel´s chances are slim, the team is not motivated and Katan sustained light injury since training camp, so they will have an important game against Bayern next week. Maybe a comprehensible decision.

For me it was better to release Golasa because he is not even being mentioned to be on th starting lineup maybe not even in the bench, while he could have been used in the U-21 match tommorow.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Game kicked off:

Israel 0 - 0 Luxemborg
5'

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

9' minutes in

TOO BAD WE DIDNT HAVE THAT IN LATVIA MATCH!!!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
2-0!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOAL!

BRUCHYAN SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEITARS MAN ALWAYS SHWOWING MIGHT UNLIKE OTHER CRAP PLAYERS WHO I WONT MENTION!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
20 minutes on the clock now ...2-0!!! high caliber, high scoring match im hoping

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL :D

3-0 for ISrael

2nd goal for Barda!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
btw: 1st goal was also bardas

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's amazing how big of a difference it makes when there's no pressure...:rollani:

at least they're getting the job done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
4-0

BARDA AGAIN!!! 3rd of the night!!! Amazing ;)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Half time...4-0!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts