Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BIG game, probably the biggest game so far for most of those young players. Its simple; we win, we're up there, maybe even in 1st place if Cameroon chokes against Libya, and we'll have everything to play for with a possible WC spot within reach. We lose/tie, we're out, and try again for 2010.

BIG game guys, very big game.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
ELEPHANTS ARE ON THE MENU FOR THE PHARAOHS ON THE 19TH.. AND THE PHARAOHS HAVENT EATEN IN A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

3 days to go !!! :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
59,124 Posts
I wonder if elephant meat is delicious or not... :lick:

We'll see come Sunday. :devil:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im so confident, i have a feeling we're gonna wrap this one up nicely.

By the way news today that Zidan got injured and won't feature. Although he would have been a good addition, the fact is that he hasnt been part of the team recently and so he didn't/wont have any effects on the teams performence. Mido and Zaki should get the job done up-front. I wanna see this formation on Sunday:

-----------------------------Nader------------------------------
-Fathy-----------Gomaa----------------Beshier-----------Tarek--
-Barakat-----------Hosny-------------Shawky------------Trieka--
-----------------------Mido---------Zaki-------------------------

Barakat MUST play in midfield and not at back right. That position should be left to Ahmed Fathy. Tarek El Sayed over Abu Mosalem at the left any time any day. Hosny and Shawky in the middle to make balance, Trieka and Barakat making the team fly from the wings and Mido-Zaki for tough missions.

BRING IT IC

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then you'll have to take either Trieka or Barakat out and put El-Nahas as libro.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
What is the time and which channel is going to show the game?

I really expect and hope Egypt win the game.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The match is today at 12:00pm EST

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
we must win,, anything but win is bye bye qualification.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
match @ 7 PM egyptian time just 1 hr and 10 mins from now .

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Actually it is the pressure. Just to think that you need to win against Ivory coast and Cameroun on their own turf is enough pressure to not even kick the ball. Egypt could have done better though if Shihata was on charge from the very start of the Q,s. Good prepration though for the African Nations Cup next Feb.

·
Registered
59,124 Posts
Agreed.

Can't really blame Hassan Shehatta for that exit (despite a couple of tactical mishaps but who doesn't commit those ?), as he took charge of the team only a few months ago.

Marco Tardelli :finger: :finger: screwed us over with his weird team selection and tactical incompetence. Oh God I really despise that ****ing wanker. :groan: first with Inter and now this... I hope he dies and rotts in hell that ****. :frustrat: :mad:

In Shehatta :star: I trust. :stuckup:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I think I do blame Hassan Shehata ya Nera..

Starting Abdel Halim over Mido....

Playing 5-4-1 or 3-6-1 or whatever the hell that was.... I've never seen us play this formation before.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sabry said:
I think I do blame Hassan Shehata ya Nera..

Starting Abdel Halim over Mido....

Playing 5-4-1 or 3-6-1 or whatever the hell that was.... I've never seen us play this formation before.
I totally agree with u ya sabry
why the hell did we play all our friendly matches 4-4-2 if we r going to play 5-4-1 against IC,even if he wanted to play 5-4-1 Abdel Halim cant play as the lone striker.
She7ata used the same strategy as mohsen saleh did in CAN 2004 against cameroon.The problem with egyptian coaches is that they r always under a lot of pressure thats y they prefer to play defensively in big games to avoid a catastrophe.
Although we changed our coach loads of times now,the mentality wasn't changed,GOHARY,MOHSEN SALEH,SHE7ATA,... nafs el fekr el 3akeem :frustrat:
The positive aspects of this match:
-If zamalek sign bisho,that will be the best day of my life.
-Na77as,Wa2el and shady will have another easy season isa.I think Manuel Jose had a party last night after he saw 7aleemo with the NT :pp
-Manuel Jose is one of the best coaches in the history of egyptian football as he never plays defensively,although he might not be the best TECHNICALLY.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I watched the second half, you didn't play too badly after the substitutions, it's just you lacked the final ball. A bit too intricate, particularly when you put the state of the pitch in mind. More simple and direct football was needed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts