Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shmashing Azerbaijan 8-0 <I expect 3 points against Northern Ireland !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I expect a much harder, more physical game than yesterday's.

As for our starting line-up, there's no much space to experiment in defence and in attack, Frankowski and Zurawski is the only choice, the way the cooperate in simply brilliant.

The only question mark is midfield. Should Sobolewski start or Kaluzny? Should Kosowski play in the starting eleven or Smolarek?

On the one hand, Sobolewski and Smolarek had a very good game last night, but on the other hand, Kosowski and Kaluzny seem to be better choice for a tough physical battle...

Well, I would field Sobolewski and Smolarek if I were Janas.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'd play Sobolewski (the only advantage of Kaluzny is his height) and Smolarek (Kosowski and Saganowski for the second half).

·
Registered
805 Posts
NI coach quite optimistic...

Sanchez was refusing to be defeatist despite the fact that Poland won 3-0 in Belfast.

He said: "That game threw up some amazing facts. The stats were all in our favour.

"We had 16 shots, eight of them on target and they had three. We also enjoyed the majority of the possession.

"In fact we beat them in every department apart of course from the vital one of goals scored.

"They have won all three of their away games and have scored three goals in each of them.

"Obviously what we need to do is make more use of our possession."

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think better choice is Smolarek. Kosowski is rather nervous and he can receive a card with hard-fighting Irishmans, and Smolarek is in a good form.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
You should win against Northern Ireland, they have improved since Lawrie Sanchez took over, it will certainly be a physical game. But poland's extra bit of quality will see them through, and if you get an early goal, you could get a few, hopefully a couple for Rasiak :)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
34 minute 0-0 :nervous:

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Half-time 0-0 :rollani:

·
Registered
284 Posts
ufff We won. Very hard game but win is a win!!!
Kaluzny and Karwan :yuck:
Poland is on the road to WC2006!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Unfortunately Wales is going to lose another match with Austria.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ZURAW, ZURAW is the best !!!!

Maciej Zurawski scored in 86. minute !!!!!!!! 3 POINTS FOR US !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Zuraw was clutch today

FIRE JANAS!!!

Funny how we got the goal when his favorite players came off...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I think it was Kicker who posted some time ago that Janas is an incredibly fortunate coach, which seems to be his greatest advantage ;)

I think he set our team far too cautiously and defensively. I mean, we beat Northern Ireland a few months ago and it's no secret they are nothing special. Still we played the 1st half as if a draw was our goal :rolleyes: Janas must have made his plan how to play the Irish a long time ago and didn't mean to change it, despite Azerbaijan game. I couldn't understand his starting line-up and I didn't like the substitutions either.

Who cares though? :D We managed to grab another three points, and this is all that counts :thumbsup: Congratulations to our team!!!

Pity Austria won again, but actually it doesn't matter. We must win the remaining games anyway and go to play England safe and happy. We've got a brilliant chance to qualify for the WC directly and a play-off doesn't sound that attractive.

My ratings now (1-6):

Dudek 4
Troubled just once. Hesitated a couple of times when trying to intercept a cross, but on the whole reliable as usually in the NT. Could be a bit faster with kicking the ball off though ;)

Rzasa 3+
Unfortunate injury, but had just one run on his wing in the 1st half.

Klos 3+
Good defending, but failed to contribute anything in attack.

Bak 3+
As above, although his long shoot was amazing.

Baszczynski 4
Much more courageous than Rzasa this time.

Kaluzny 3
A flop :( Wasn't involved in attack at all. It might have been partially due to Janas' command but I think he's simply in a poor form. Sobolewski would have been a better choice.

Szymkowiak 4
Inaccurate too often, but showed excellent spirit throughout the game. This is not Szymkowiak who used to lay on the pitch as soon as he felt somebody touched him :D

Krzynowek 4
Too much inaccuracy and too many poor passes and lost dribblings. They marked him very well. Magnificent assist though :)

Karwan 3+
Showed glimpses of good football, but I expected him to be more active. With fielding Karwan Janas showed that he preferred a player of better physical abilities to one of more impressive football skills. Don't you think that it's more reasonable to play football instead of fighting when you face a team like Northern Ireland? I'm sure Bartek will improve as the season progresses, but I wish Smolarek had been in the starting line-up.

Frankowski 4
Some neat, smart plays. Wasted two excellent scoring chances this time.

Zurawski 5
Match winner :star: Besides, worked very hard helping Szymkowiak to make the play.

Kielbowicz 3+

Was no worse than Rzasa, perhaps even better. Deserves further observation.

Mila 3+
Lacks self-confidence. But he's a creative, ambitious player and we need midfielders like him.

Rasiak 3
Made Irish box more crowded, that's all. I wish he had scored that only goal, that would've helped him a lot. Now everybody will question his position in the NT again - and rightly because the fact is that Saganowski is in far better form and deserved a place in the team much more than Greg.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Not a dazzling result but all the same I'm satisfied. :D And I see England managed to overcome our foes of last weekend. :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Prewitt, I think you're being overly generous by giving Kaluzny a "3". He was simply awful, and hopefully this was the last time we see him, even if we play against a team that consists solely of guys over 3 meters tall. But as far as the assessment of the game, and the other player grades, you're right on, as it is usually the case. :shades:

·
Banned
130 Posts
being a liverpool fan its nice to hear dudek had a safe game, it makes a change from all the bollocks he has dropped costing us dear this season, can wait for us to offload this guy in the summer.

Infact I would like to shoot him in the face.........................and I dont mean with a gun :fero:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Kyro the Red said:
Infact I would like to shoot him in the face.........................and I dont mean with a gun :fero:

:eek: What with then?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Kyro the Red said:
being a liverpool fan its nice to hear dudek had a safe game, it makes a change from all the bollocks he has dropped costing us dear this season, can wait for us to offload this guy in the summer.

I also hope Dudek will leave Liverpool and move to a decent team.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.