Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for a surprise from this one. Rüütli is planning to field two forwards - Oper and Voskobionikov. So maybe we can see some goals.

Turkey misses a huge amount of players with injuries including Nihat, Emre, Tuncay Sanli and Altintop.

Expected lineup:

Code:
                        Pavel Londak

Enar Jääger       Raio Piiroja          Alo Bärengrub      Dmitri Kruglov

Martin Vunk   Konstantin Vassiljev   Aleksandr Dmitrijev   Ragnar Klavan

Vladimir Voskoboinikov      Andres Oper

·
1st Tier Poster
49,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so we got our first points by drawing 0-0

It was a good match by our team but somehow I felt quite dissapointed on the stadium after the final whistle. It really seemed like today is the day we get our first victory in this qualifying cycle. I can't remember the last time we had so many chances to score aginst a big team. Of course it must be said that Turkey was even more wasteful than us in front of the goal and our goalkeeper Londak also had a fabulous match...so in the end we have to be happy with a draw.

I guess we are somewhat uncomfortable opponent for Turkey. We have met them three times during the last 12 years and all matches have ended with a draw.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Londak must have been outstanding. Read from Turkish fans about one excellent central defender too, I guess they meant Piiroja.
Despite those did you see overall improvements compared to let's say the highly unsuccesful UEFA 2008 qualifiers? Has the appointment of Rüütli made a proper impact so far?

·
THE
14,092 Posts
At first I'd like to thank del Bosque, who said that Estonia can suprise at home tams like ...Armenia. Nice jinx. Secondly, many thanks to rthe eporter of ETV programm "Erisaade" who taought Estonian chants to Turkish fans (if tehy ever find out, you'll be toats but faboulus tv experiment)

To answere Mao, well, I personally think that coaching something like Estonian football team one must be completely lunatic. A head coach can't teach much technic or talent but he can teach self confidence. You have to be completely sure when you go on pitch that you can beat Spain. you have to be passionate insane lunatic for beliveing that but it's possible. Rüütli isn't one. He is a nice guy trying to do is best but he ain't lunatic. And that's why we talk that losing to spain 0-3 sn't that bad.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Londak must have been outstanding. Read from Turkish fans about one excellent central defender too, I guess they meant Piiroja.
Despite those did you see overall improvements compared to let's say the highly unsuccesful UEFA 2008 qualifiers? Has the appointment of Rüütli made a proper impact so far?
the only really good performance we have had so far is the Turkey match. Other than that Rüütli's reign has been a massive failure. Time will tell if the level our team showed vs Turkey was just one-time success or will it be normal from now on.

·
Money-Master
2,708 Posts
See u in march............we hav nowhere to go but up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts