Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now first of all I must address that this is absolutely not direct to Italian people but the Italian football federations,Most of Italian world cup squard players,the Italian media and Perugia football club.

We all disappointed didnt we?!I'm gli Azzurri fan and I'm very disappointed they lose out at last 16.But that's ok,football is just about win or lose,but u win as a man,and lose as a man.However the Italians for sure didnt lose as a man!

First I'd talk about their performance.The first match vs Ecuador was made us realize this might just be the year for Italy.Extremely compact at the back and midfield,Totti played extremely well and with a superb Bobogol.Trap's 4-4-2 conservative tactic seemes worked!But this was the end of it!The second match vs Croatia Italy was the other team,maybe Ecuador didt really able to trouble gli Azzurri but the Croatian could,their fast play did a lot of trouble to the Italian defence.I agree that the Materazzi goal was valid!But after seeing this WC,one should not be surprised,referee mistake was part of the game!And Italy already have big big reaction like prepare to protest and this and that!The decisive game vs Mexico,again,to me,the Mexicans outplayed Italy,If Croatia didnt blow thier chance or Mexico can make it 2-0,Italy might well follow France and Argentina!In the end they barely go through thanks to the help of Ecuador!OK here comes the upset of the WC history.Everyone says that Ecuadorian ref Moreno against Italy.Well in my opinion,he officiated the match fair and square!He did a very good job!The only mistake he made was not send off a Korean player who elbowed an Italian player.I agree with the referee for the Totti incident,to me,Totti dived!He deserved that yellow card!And the other thing I must say is Tomassi goal was valid,if there was fault this was not Moreno's fault,it was the linesman,and like I said in the other thread about WC,linesman sucks big time in this WC,not just in games involving Italy!

These referee conspiracy saved Trapattoni,IMO the man who really cause Italy out at last 16,not Moreno not linesman not Koreans not everyone in the world!When Italy was 1 goal down to Croatia Frankly I dont know why Trap would opt for Inzaghi rather than Del Piero or Montella to salvage the match.To me Inzaghi is best to use when the game is tied or winning,he need space and support unlike Del Piero or Montella who could turn things around by themselves!How about when Italy leading 1-0 vs Korea and Trap took off Del Piero for Gattuso?!Why not bring on a fresh Montella to close the game but the hold on the Korean pressure?!And how about when Totti was sent off Italy was down to 10 men,20 tired legs and for god's sake he still had a subsitution slot in his hands and what he did?!Waiting until minutes b4 Korean scored the winner to bring on Montella for taking penalties?!!!This is ridiculous!He should have bring on a pair of fresh legs rather than waiting until the last min!So now no one remember how bad Italy play against Croatia?!How bad they played against Mexico?!How Vieri missed a goal in the goal mouth?!No one would critise Trap cuz everyone just blame their loss on the referee and ridiculously the man who scored against them!Only players like Maldini and Tommassi have the balls to admit it was them to blame for this loss not the Ref!

I could not believe Rai TV channel would want to sue FIFA for the bad refereeing so the Italians lost interest in their WC coverage after Italy was elimated!I cant believe the idiotic action by Perugia to sack the man who knocked Italy out and not think this is not a good business to do and wanna resign him so that they could sell him for money!!I even heard Italy wanna make a revenge friendly with Korea!!

I was gli Azzurri fan since Italia 90' till now I've been supporting them for 12 years and honestly speaking,I'm ashamed to be a Italian football supporter!Do they have any professionalism,again I'm not directing to all Italians but really,I'm not only disappointed by their performance on the WC,but I deeply feel disappointed by thier reaction to all of these.

I just dont wanna say it,but I think they are sore losers who cannot take defeat like a man.

Italia,you really let me down!:(

sigh..........

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I don´t think that Italians are sore losers. In one aspect they are, but not in another.
The thing that seems to be generally is that Trap isn´t getting blamed for one thing because this was the refs who screwed up Italy. This is obviously wrong, since Trap phucked up completely at this WC. He carries a lot of blame and should be blamed. But he´s not!

Then we have the anger with the referees. I can totally understand them. I can understand if they think about conspiracies, because getting about 4 valid goals dissallowed in a WC, a wrongly called red card in Golden Goal and a penalty against them that happens on every corner, do very well give them the right to "whine" as some people would say. Italy was a big victim of the referees and linesman´s stupidity. I can understand why they believe in conspiracies. I myself don´t think this WC was clean in any way. Something seemed to be fishy all along.

But Perugia isn´t related to this. Perugia doesn´t represant Italy or the Italian mentality. Gaucci or whatever his name is, is an idiot. And it´s only him that could ever think about firing Ahn for scoring that goal. BUT, now we don´t know the truth. Mind you that Ahn was a very average player in Perugia with a high wage. They just maybe not wanted him, and then media is changing the story and make out Perugia as big idiots. Could happen...

But once again, it´s Trap´s fault. His tactical ingenius was ridiculous. To let a player like Ambrosini stay home, who is Italy´s best defensive midfielder. I also thought he did a big mistake against Korea when he prefered Maldini as a central defender than Materazzi. Sure Materazzi sucked against Croatia, but we who have watched Materazzi every week knows that something like that has never happened with Inter and it with just a one-match thing. Instead Maldini was pretty much playing on the left side of the defence, as he couldn´t keep his position whatsoever. And ironically he was the responsible player for the Golden Goal as well.
Bring in complete sh!t players like Gattuso and Di Livio is real shameless too. It was obvious that Trap only brought Di Livio there, because of having a chat partner on the bench. How many times didn´t we see these two communicating during the match???

And where was Montella during the whole WC?!?!?!?! :scream::mad:
The most on form striker in the entire world is being left on the bench. When he could have used a trio by Totti as the playmaker and Vieri and Montella on top. Just because he switches the formation at the WC, means that we lost so many great players. Coco was hit by this too. And the players that this was supposed to gain was Doni and Panucci. Panucci had a good WC, but Doni really was BAD! I was surprised to see how average he was with the NT.

The point is that Trap has most of the blame here, but Italy was majorly screwed by the referees and have every right IMO to complain about it and use it as some of the reasons for the fiasco.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Jimmy, there is no reason deffending Materazzi, after his performance against Croatia, Trap might have well put up Montella as a central deffender and known that he would be able to do a better job.

Materazzi wasnt absymal against Croatia, he was pathetic, in the words correct meaning. Materazzi probably killed all potential chances he had to become the successor of Ferrara and Costacurta after Maldini would retire. As he was obviously thought to do the same kind of job they both did in their days under Cesare Maldinis reign.

Cannvaro-Nesta-Bonera seems to be the most likely deffence line in the future. Unless Bonera fu(ks it up this season that is. Especially if Trap stays, wich unfortunately seems very likely at this point.

And besides Maldini has more then once done a great job as a central deffender. Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Vieri ( although he should've tapped in that ball after Koreas goal ) are the only outfield Italian players of those who played regurarly that came out of the WC with their dignity still intact IMO.

joeyue, the Italians do have the right to whine as they were clearly robbed. But then again they should also as Jimmy pointed out look upon themselves and realise that their perfromances after the Ecuador matches were really pathetic. Italian football as a whole is in a very dark period at this point, and some drastic decisions needs to be made to evolve Italian football wich more or less has been standing still for three years, where the big clubs have swappoed managers and players among them every season to statisfy their pathetic succes and fame hungry fans, who dares call themselves real fans. That is why none of the bigger teams has had any kind of stability the last three years.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
In some aspect that the italians were rightful whiners, but in some they deserved it.

The only unjust ref/linesmen call was that croatia game. Where the goals were "supposively" invalid. BUT you have to realize that no one complained when they learned the fact that they will be playing against Korea on the next stage.

Korea was still considered one of the weaker teams to qualify and Italy was more than happy to face them--it was either Portugal or USA or Korea. Guess which one they really prefer. Korea.

In some ways Italy deserved what they've sowed was their unshameful diving technique. Enough is enough. DelPiero and Totti were flying all over on simple tackling occations. As i've said before, they have the skill to dribble pass the koreans but yet they resort to diving, trying to patronize the refs and the game.

I though the yellow card was harsh but Totti wasn't entirely innocient. The dive was apparent and instead of taking a shot, he went for an unshameful dive. Granted that there was contact--very minimal BTW-- he should still be able to finish that play. And trying to trick the refs like that is just over the line. If you have to blame someone you'd blame totti for not putting the ball over the net, at least he could have earned a corner kick--where the italians have total domination over Korea.

Vieri could have ended the game, but he didn't. The refs had nothing to do with that. Fatigue did.

On XT, the koreans simply outplayed the Italians if not outclassed them. I don' think Totti's presence would have made the difference because Italy did nothing right, and they bascially collasped.

I hope that Totti and DelPiero would realize that diving caused them the poccesssion, rythm and overall the game. They shouldn't dive so much now that their character is realized.

So no, i don't feel bad for the italians, but the spanards, i feel bad for.
They basically won the game but the linesmen made them lose. you can tell the spanish NT still holds a gruge, but instead of constant whining they displayed class and accepted defeat.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I think that Italia was ready, but they cannot win a World Cup when having Chritian Veiri score most or all of there goals. A team needs to hoist the whole game if they want to win the cup.

Same goes for almost all the teams, with the exception of Brazil because they have 3 good players who are scorable!

Better luck next time Italia!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Joeyue, I'm totally with you on this one. Absolutley disgraceful behavior shown by the italians you named. The Perugia president showed the ugliest side of Italy today; moronic patriotism combined with fascist behaviour.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
The stupidest Italy time I ever saw !!

i already lost interest for my support of Italy since the Mexico match !!

It was just a terrible game to watch at the end.......It was close to the worst ever game I ever saw.....

I think it was Indonesia vs someone....This is in a group stage
Indonesia had the score tied and they kicked an own goal so they don't need to face Vietnam on the 2nd round !
It was the most disgraceful thing I ever saw !!

Italy being a great and rich footballing nation dissapoints me !!! I never thought Italy was going to make me ashamed with this sh*t!!!

I wonder when would I regain my full support of Italy :depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Interesting

Tthe Asians here think Italy deserved to lose

Non Asians think differently

The debate will rage on.

I have opinions but i will keep them to myself. But the point is worth mentioning Fifa Prez and my main man Joey are both Asians. And for an Asian to say Italy were not unfaired or didn't deserve to go home would be to admit that Asian football is inferior.

So the fact that my two broz here say that Italy deserved to go home is not surprising.

ANYWAY!!!!! Who gives a phuck guys.......the truth is.....Italy is home Trap should be fired because of his pathetic tactis behaving like Panucci is the second coming or something changing his entire scheme to suit him

Ambrosini at home? WTF!!!!!

Playing some ****in ridiculous 4-4-1-1 and sacrificing world class players like Coco. Coco played two games at the world cup and was brilliant in both of them

muther PHEKK!!!!! Trapatoni if i could kill him and get away without being arrested i would sking his pathetic green assed cowardly skin of his dermis and hang it up for him to watch it as he bleeds to death.....a pathetic peice of sh!t he is....PATHETIC

And it is a testament to the level of delusion Italians suffer that they cannot see that this is entirely Trap's fault.

Look at Euro 2000 semi final

They did everything to stop Italy......and what? and what? Still cudn't get Holand to win. Zambrotta off in the 30th penalties raining down like bombs in pearl harbour in favour of Holland....nuthin!!!! cud stop Italy. Because Italy was coached bys omeone who was intelligent to see teh diference between football 20 years ago and now. But Trap is an idiot.

Imagine playing awhole world cup qualifying campagin 3-4-1-2 and then changing to a 4-4-2 at the world cup. How frikking stupid can u get?

Its Trap's fault. Plain and simple

Linesmen? Referees? Conspiracies?

I don't wanna offend anyone especially my asian homiez......So as i have since then i will keep my opinions to myself

take it easy guys

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Glad to see finally good old Tazz is back!:happy:

Well I'd really like to know what u think about this,I just got a feeling u would agree with me!:D But I respect ur decision to keep it to urself!:) Well it is understandable for u to think me and FIFA to be more favor the Korean side cuz we're Asian.I dont know about FIFA,:D but I'm absolutely objective about this incident,if I would favor one of this 2 side it must have to be Azzurri!Maybe if it is China vs Italy then I might have to be subjective but I'm no Korean,so I'm 100% neutral about this match.After Ahn scored the winner,that moment was the second most upset moment of me in this WC,just behind after the final whistle of Argentina vs Sweden.

For those who have seen the WC would admit,deep down inside,conspiracy or not,Asian football as a force is started to emerge!For what Japan and especially Korea have performed has confirmed this.Asian football is still inferior to the rest of the world but the gap has closed in a hugh extent,Asian football is catching the rest now closer and closer.The performance of the Koreans were no less than amazing,of course they have home advantage but their achievement can never be denied by the Europeans or those conspiracy believer!

I just dont get it u know,quite frankly if it is in Serie A,Roma-Milan or Inter-Juve if the same things that Italy encounter in WC happens in teams of Serie A,do u think there will be such a big impact by the media?!I mean this is so ironic,A FOOTBALL LEAGUE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE USED TO THESE CIRSUMSTANCES HAVE THE BIGGEST REACTION TO ALL OF THESE!:eek: This is truely amazing!I really thought it was not such a big deal to them,but huh,anything can happen!

u guys may or maynot agree with me but I just wanna share my view as an Azzurri supporter.

BTW Tazzy,I used over an hour to write a thread talking about WC thoughts and sadly only one pal replied to it :( ,take a look and tell me what u think if u have time!:)

Ciao!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts