Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Croatia must be a force now, well not force but teams must approach us with more caution, 3-2 against Argentina aint nothing to be sneezed at. We drew Brazil last year 1-1 also, both teams missing there best players(Roni, Prso)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
lol England aren't going to be a team to beat.

I really hope we don't win the remaining friendlies up to the world cup, because the press will be showing portraits of us already with the world cup in our hands.

The only chance England have is going into the world cup with no expectations, otherwise it'll be the same old story.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
England were average at best, how people can say we are challengers on that performance is mind boggling.

especially as Beckham was off the pitch when we started getting dangerous and we all know he'll play even if he is dead.

we will fall short once again, despite the best efforts of our few good players.

·
Registered
42,580 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
especially as Beckham was off the pitch when we started getting dangerous and we all know he'll play even if he is dead.
Better a dead Becks than an alive Becks, at least with his corpse he couldn't send those pointless crosses to the midgets up front.

·
63,337 Posts
ILA said:
Better a dead Becks than an alive Becks, at least with his corpse he couldn't send those pointless crosses to the midgets up front.*

if we are allowed to take him on in a coffin, then we would be able to play nice wall passes off the side, it could give us an added dimension getting behind defences on the right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Portugal, with Ronaldo, Deco and Figo on fire they will be strong in the summer.

Ronaldo scored twice for them yesterday. :proud:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
often the teams that are on form pre-world cup disappoint when the tournament starts for real - they peak too early.

prime example of this in 2002 - Argentina was probably the form team in the world for a couple of years, whereas Brazil were struggling a bit. But once the tournament started Brazil hit form just at the right time.

·
63,337 Posts
Red Bed said:
Portugal, with Ronaldo, Deco and Figo on fire they will be strong in the summer.

Ronaldo scored twice for them yesterday. :proud:
not like you to miss a chance to big up Ronaldo, unfortunately they beat the mighty Saudi. :sweeteye:

Portugal have no chance, they are just toothless in attack, prefer playing pretty patterns in midfield for the entire game.

they need someone like Eusebio. :sweeteye:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
not like you to miss a chance to big up Ronaldo, unfortunately they beat the mighty Saudi. :sweeteye:
His 7th goal in a month, it will only add to his already growing confidence after his unlucky start this season.

All the haters have been sent to their caves. :D

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
no-one hates him, we are just not convinced he's the new wonderboy.

and goals v Saudi won't do anything to prove he is either.
Wahaha, Ronaldo is better than anything at the Arsenal anyway.

Most of the sane United fans appreciate him and that's the only thing that matters to him. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Portugal, Spain and Italy are the teams to beat. I hope its their year. Of course don't rule out the germans

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
in 2002 brazil were not struggling 4 months beore teh world cup. We did not lose a game before 6 months of the world cup.

Anyway, these friendlies say nothing about how the tournament will go.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I think if Luis keeps finding the right combination, Spain could have a good tournament. I don't see the liklihood of choking under pressure as big with some of these younger players. Guys like Villa, Xabi Alonso and Cesc Fabregas have an air of confidence about them that I've seen lacking in the past with the national team.
Our match yesterday showed that we have a good team and a very young team, the oldest age was 29 on the field and that was Abelda! Regardless of whether Xavi is even in the lineup, we have plenty of players waiting to assume his position.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Brazil is still the team to beat but i must say i was really impressed by Croatia there game against Brazil will be a must see.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

Portugal have no chance, they are just toothless in attack, prefer playing pretty patterns in midfield for the entire game.

they need someone like Eusebio. :sweeteye:
How about our recent win over Croatia, which was pretty convincing. This result was good for Portugal when you bring in the fact of their failure to capitalize against weaker opponents.

I'm sure that's what you say everything we face your beloved England. Shows how well-rounded you are in the sport, I've read previous posts from you critising Pauleta and other strikers. Here's a news flash, Euro 2004 was Pauleta's only flop, he has scored well his entire career for both club and country and posted good results in the Korea/Japan.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Everyone knows friendlies are meaningless right?

Anyway, it's going to be a Spain - England, maybe Portugal depending on the draw in the final with the two teams from the former Yugoslavia, Serbia and Croatia as the surprise packages.

This world cup is going to be an all European affiar, the South American teams will choke.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts