Xtratime Community banner

No. 1 goalkeeper for Germany

• Artur Boruc (Celtic Glasgow)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Jerzy Dudek (FC Liverpool)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Wojciech Kowalewski (Spartak Moscow)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Tomasz Kuszczak (West Bromwich Albion)

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other (specify in the thread)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?...

Dudek - the most experienced, but only a bench sitter
Boruc - great skills, but unstable form
Kuszczak - a new hope
Kowalewski - not shining but solid

Or someone else? Fabianski, Przyrowski, Szamotulski?...

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was JUST ABOUT to make identical thread :]

Kuszczak for me. Both Dudek and Boruc are known to make costly mistakes. Kowalewski? Let's face it - none of us actually sees him playing in Russia.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Honestly I have no idea. We have good goalkeepers but none is no1. Boruc was on form a few months ago but not now, it can change till June though, Dudek - bench warmer but solid and experienced, Kuszszak - great but inexperienced, is he ready to be no1?, Kowalewki - an enigma for me. I wont vote because I dont have a clue!
I would vote for Dudek if he wasnt a bench warmer :(.
I know only one thing, I want Boruc out of the team on current form
But maybe we should gamble and put Kuszczak as no1!
Edit: Ok Ive decided I voted for Kuszczak

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course it's a bit too early to make ultimate decision, but my vote goes to Boruc.

I'm a bit biased, I can't deny this. Still, I remember him playing for Legia - and he never ever failed in a really important game. The more important the game was, the better he performed. He has problems with concentration, but I don't think that could happen in the WC. He's got the skill.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Obviously i have to give my vote to Boruc - i won't deny though that his recent form has been quite worrying...

Just about the only thing Boruc has spoke about since signing for Celtic last summer was his desire to be Poland's no1 keeper at the World Cup, and my theory for his recent poor form has been that the closer we get to the tournament, the more nervous he's becoming about who Janas decides to select for the position - thus it's now affecting his ability and decision-making when he plays.

If Janas was to say right now that Boruc would be his first-choice in Germany this summer then i think it'd give him a huge confidence boost and it wouldn't be long before we see the return of the old Boruc we know and love. I suppose that would be an almost impossible thing for your coach to do though unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Kuszczak always looked good when I've seen him, I'd have him ahead of Dudek, don't really know any of the others, so...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I voted for Boruc, he realy can play incredibly and rather poor but if we want something special from that WC we must risk. Dudek is not playing and Kuszczak recently start to play regularly and at high standards.

·
Registered
17 Posts

At this point in time (march) I gave my vote to Boruc because he has more experiance over Kuszczak, buy who will be the starter in Germany depends on what kind of form the two will be in June!!!!

And for me Dudek should not be taken into consideration since he doesn't play. I have to admit it though: he has great experiance and has proved he can play under pressure and make the save when the game is on the line(last year CL)
IF, AND ONLY IF, DUDEK STARTS PLAYING FOR LIVERPOOL... HE IS OUR NO. 1 !!!!!!

LETS NOT STOP AT GOALKEEPERS LETS PICK THE WHOLE TEAM??!!!

I ALREADY HAVE:

http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182157&page=3&pp=15

·
Registered
805 Posts
I don't see how Boruc is more experienced than Kuszczak.

·
Registered
17 Posts
maior said:
I don't see how Boruc is more experienced than Kuszczak.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Kuszczak is as experianced as Boruc?????????

dude, Boruc played 2 FULL season in Legia and Kuszczak was the 3rd keeper in Hertha for four years!!!!

here are their stats:

BORUC

KUSZCZAK

·
Registered
153 Posts
Areksen is right, Boruc is much more experienced than Kuszczak, for Tomasz it's the first true seson in career and if he would be our's first gollie that would bo to much risk. for Dudek... on bench in club, on bench in NT....

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Prewitt said:
Przyrowski
:howler:

For Borcu or Kuszczak - both are good goalkeepers, they stabiliztaed form in Great Britan. Maybe Kuszczak is bit better.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Boruc flap flap......

And AGAIN he proved yesterday that he shouldnt be Poland's no1.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts