Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I must say I have tried watching as many games as possible, especially with Fener players in it.

Ortega against Nigeria was very good, attacking and creating chances. He almost got a goal as well.

Rapajic was very good when he came in for Prosinecki in the second half. After the red card, the entire team lost momentum, but he played well before then.

Onto our match...Fatih got a yellow card, but was alright, and Umit was pretty solid.

Rustu was his usual self, saving shots, robbing Brazil of some goals. The only way we could lose the match with him in goal was with very unfair cards and penalty calls, and that is what happened.

·
*the drum drum*
43,001 Posts
Anasini sikerim referee...

I'm proud of our players, especially Hakan Unsal...He made Rivaldo look like a b!tch :tongue: The whole world saw what he done, and he lost 90% of his admirerers after that shameful dive :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What time was the game on in Oz?

Btw, it was that ref's last game of his career:rolleyes:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Btw, it was that ref's last game of his career
Even if it wasn't, it would probably be the last one after this one:eek:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the risk of sounding very biased, I am just wondering exactly how much influence Brazil has over FIFA, as a result of a certain star center forward.

Look at the group they got, and compare it to Argentina's, for example. Then look at the calls, and it just does not add up.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, apparently this was supposed to be his glorious farewell to the game of soccer:rolleyes: :tongue:

He had the privilege to throw a match to Brazil to end his career, if I heard the story correctly.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
He had the privilege to throw a match to Brazil to end his career, if I heard the story correctly.
In his mind, he'll always know that he screwed up the last game of his career;)

·
*the drum drum*
43,001 Posts
It was on at 7pm...Prime Time :D

The commentators here are really giving the ref and Rivaldo a hard time..It suprises me though, because most of the commentators love Brazil :confused:

If you watched the South Korea - Poland game, there was a free kick given to Poland 4 yards outside the box, and the commentator said "The referee in yesterdays Brazil-Turkey game was disgraceful, infact, he'd have given a penalty for that challenge" :D:D:D:D

A lot of people I talk to want Rivaldo thrown out of the WC all together (even though that can't happen)...They say that football gets enough critisism for players who dive and feign injury, and that we don't need that sh!thead (referring to Rivaldo :D) doing it on the world stage...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Prince T...

While I agree that if FIFA doesn't suspend Rivaldo for the China game, then they are a bunch of hypocrites. They have been going on and on about faking and reviewing dives after the fact. We'll see what they do.

On the other hand, what Unsal did was just as bad. Turkish players have not always shone in my book. At Euro 2000, your defender elbowed Fernando Couto and was sent off. I doubt you were proud of that as Portugal won 2-0, and could have won by 5 or 6.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tolga, I am assuming that the people who wanted Rivaldo out of the Tourney were either Turks or Argentines:D :tongue:

I agree what Unsal did was also wrong, and he deserves the one-game suspension (I would not start him anyway).

Btw, wasn't there some sort of controversy over what actually went down between Alpay and Couto?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Deniz...

I don't remember the controversy. I remember they went down in a heap and while on the ground, an elbow was thrown. Although 10 minutes later Turkey was awarded a penalty that was saved; so I guess the referee definitely put his stamp on the game, which it was sometimes leads to controversy.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, although I have yet to watch my tape of the match, Ortega was not as good in this game, as Argentina went down 1-0 to England.

I think the Croatia game is soon, and rapajic will get a start, most likely. If he plays well, a transfer should not be too hard.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I think the Croatia game is soon, and rapajic will get a start, most likely. If he plays well, a transfer should not be too hard.
I don't know if he played well, but he scored the winning goal against Italy:cool:

What else do we want:D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dad just came back from Istanbul and his sleeping hours are really screwed up:D

He watched the match and said Rapajic was very good and got one of the best goals of the tournament. But he was so tired after his goal that he motioned to be taken out of the game.

I think he ran out of air because he smokes so many cigarettes:rolleyes:

·
International
8,545 Posts
Actually, the coach took him off for Simic because we had a lead and brought on a defender, had nothing to do with him asking to come off because he was tired. He was named man of the match.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I think he ran out of air because he smokes so many cigarettes

No way:eek:

I heard that he's lazy but never heard that he smokes;)

Besides, he's one of those players who doesn't need to run too much:tongue:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I think that is a good call, Ivo. He played very well while he had the air to play. He also knocked in one of the finest goals of the tournament and made some crucial passes. He has really improved his stock in the tournamet, and he should do well in the next game as well.

Aragon, I heard he used to ask Denizli to excuse him from practice for several minutes at a time, so....;)

·
*the drum drum*
43,001 Posts
Rapaic was great during this game...The goal had a little luck involved though, as the Italian defender touched the ball just before Rapaic hit the volley .. But I'm not complaining :D

On the other hand, what Unsal did was just as bad. Turkish players have not always shone in my book. At Euro 2000, your defender elbowed Fernando Couto and was sent off. I doubt you were proud of that as Portugal won 2-0, and could have won by 5 or 6.
Alpay didn't make much contact with his accidental elbow, and it was indeed your other defender who his Couto with his knee when he ran past :rolleyes:

Of course what Hakan did was stupid, but Rivaldo's act was even more so...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Prince T...

True, but whether the elbow hit or missed, the ref saw the intent.

BTW... What was the deal with your guy who shoved the Costa Rican staffer ??? Is that guy normally a hothead ?, or was it the frustration of the moment ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts