Irlandia Pln. - Anglia

8th Oct.
Anglia - Austria
Irlandia Pln. - Walia

12th Oct.
Anglia - Polska
Austria - Irlandia Pln.
Walia - Azerbejdzan

I don't like it, really :yuck: The only ggod part is that we face England at home soon after EC. Three away games in fall? A trip to Azerbejdan in June? Janas & co. seem satisfied though.

Anyway, it's good that something's been decided. And the pitch is still more important than the schedule, isn't it? :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Looks to me like a blind draw would have been better for Poland than this mess. What happened to Janas assurances that he will do anything not to play in the summer? How come we and Azerbajian are the only countries to play in June??? Couldn't Listkiewicz pull any weight at all?

And, we're playing three out of first three games away, and finish with England on their home turf. This is terrible, just terrible. This means that we have start strong, and even assuming that we do start strong, we will have to finish strong as well. I really hate this draw, it couldn't been worse.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Don't complain Smoga, it's not that bad ;) Besides, the schedule doesn't have a great importance in my view.

Two friendlies have been added to the pre-qualifiers calendar... We're going to face USA twice :eek: Full list below:

February 18, San Fernando (Spain): Poland - Slovenia
February 21, San Fernando (Spain): Poland - Faroe Islands
March 31: Poland - USA
April 28: Poland – Ireland
May 29: Poland – Greece
June 5 Stockholm: Sweden - Poland
July 11, New York: USA - Poland

Home games will be played in Chorzow, Ostrowiec, Poznan, Szczecin or Warsaw.

·
Registered
535 Posts
kicker said:
July 11, New York: USA - Poland

Home games will be played in Chorzow, Ostrowiec, Poznan, Szczecin or Warsaw.
Are you sure, Kicker, that the July 11 game will be in New York and not in Chicago? I know that PZPN web page says New York, but on American boards some people think it will be Chicago.

However, if it really were New York, that would be so awesome!!!! I'll be there for sure!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Come on guys, let's not blame the schedule already. We have a real sh*t group, and if we fail to qualify, then it will be due to anything BUT the schedule:D

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Smoga - I'm not sure. I didn't manage to find any official info on American soccer sites. Hopefully it will be played in New York so that you could be our correspondent. ;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The friendly games against USA and Ireland are going to be played in Plock and Bydgoszcz respectively. Does it mean Poland will take on Greece in Poznan? Hopefully ;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
We (Poznan) got a relatively unexciting friendly game vs. Denmark in September :rollani:

Accoring to my French sources ;), there are some talks between French and Polish FA concerning a friendly match between these two sides in November. The clash would take place at Stade de France.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts