Xtratime Community banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
General Iordanescu
30,565 Posts
Another option is the man behind our biggest performance, Father Chicken himself. What's 6 more years of not coaching when you'd already not coached for 10 years before being appointed as 'selectioner'? If Trump can be president at 74, why can't Tata Puiu, former sportsman, and very healthy, be head coach at 72?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,913 Posts
Off the top of my head..

1) Gica Hagi
2) Galca
3) Sumudica (just started in Turkey but who knows in November..)
4) affordable but decent foreign coach
5) Dica, Olaroiu, R. Lucescu, etc ..?

M. Lucescu won’t come and Petrescu too defensive style so didn’t even mention them

·
General Iordanescu
30,565 Posts
Mutu's available too.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Galca or Dica.

Olaroiu too expensive. Lucescu jr has a job and also please not again.

Sumudica I like, face din rahat bici, but also bâlci (kinda archaic word meaning circus)

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
Off the top of my head..

1) Gica Hagi
2) Galca
3) Sumudica (just started in Turkey but who knows in November..)
4) affordable but decent foreign coach
5) Dica, Olaroiu, R. Lucescu, etc ..?

M. Lucescu won’t come and Petrescu too defensive style so didn’t even mention them

Yeah, might be. Hagi the best option. I thought of Galca as a decent one. Dica taking over could make sense considering he'd mean conserving some of the positives we have now.

Olaroiu if he is willing to not win a fortune everyday for a while, may be an experienced option

Sumudica has his downside, but if he is willing to take a NT (he said he needs to coach everyday as Radoi) he is one of the best options

I hope they don't go for Petrescu, but it's possible

I don't know what coach will dare to take the team when missing a WC is such a realistic possibility. Even when it's hard there will be expectations and it could be such a bad start...
On the other hand, someone with a good mentality (we are so short on that) could take a team with confidence, future and 2 games away from a historical achievement

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Dick move from Radoi....why do you even sign a contract if you re quitting before play offs...what a waste of time. I think our chances in play offs would ve been rather slim (if we get there) with or without him.
Of course things can get worse now but atleast we don't lose somebody who gave me the feeling that he can get us to another level....we would've butchered Piturca rightfully for our offensive performances we showed under Radoi.

·
Registered
25,758 Posts
I definitely see Hagi as the next NT coach if we qualify. And we should qualify. I mean, if we don't defeat Iceland at home and then Liechtenstein away, then we really don't deserve to be at the WC.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
An opportunistic move to say the least. Never in my miserable life have I read anything like this. To hind behind something like "My contract is up". Such holy bullshit.

On the other hand, after March your press was pretty hard on him. Maybe he wants a more steady job. If so, he is like me that way.

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
On the other hand, after March your press was pretty hard on him. Maybe he wants a more steady job. If so, he is like me that way.
That's the life of a NT coach. All of them receive big criticism, and after losing in Armenia (the way they did) you can't expect to receive sweets and roses.
He should be tougher if he wanna have a long career as coach.

I'd like some kind of continuity if we make it to the play-off and he leaves. From that point of view, Dica could be an option. I'd think in him strictly for the play-off, and then we would see.

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Even if we were hard on Radoi in March, we must say that in September and October he managed the team very well. He prepared very well every game, he was tactically clever and he made good subs during the matches. He fixed the defensive problems and printed a style of playing the ball and not only play long balls.

Radoi modernized the style of the Romanian NT. He did it with U21 and with the seniors too. That's true even if we lose to Iceland next month.

·
General Iordanescu
30,565 Posts
That's the life of a NT coach. All of them receive big criticism, and after losing in Armenia (the way they did) you can't expect to receive sweets and roses.
He should be tougher if he wanna have a long career as coach.

I'd like some kind of continuity if we make it to the play-off and he leaves. From that point of view, Dica could be an option. I'd think in him strictly for the play-off, and then we would see.
GICA, you hit the nail on the head.

Dica for the play-offs, if we make it, or persuade Radoi. If the latter, I'd obviously keep him if we get past the play-offs; dunno if I'd keep Dica, but we probably won't make it to the WC anyway.

Then, Hagi, if he accepts -- because Hagi was very clear, he would only accept at the start of a campaign.

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
Even if we were hard on Radoi in March, we must say that in September and October he managed the team very well. He prepared very well every game, he was tactically clever and he made good subs during the matches. He fixed the defensive problems and printed a style of playing the ball and not only play long balls.

Radoi modernized the style of the Romanian NT. He did it with U21 and with the seniors too. That's true even if we lose to Iceland next month.
Both true. He deserved the criticism in march cause after many red flags the defence of the NT was pathetic

He corrected those things, to the point that the team kept a clean sheet on 4 of the 5 last games, and kept a Germany that is trashing everyone else at bay. Now the offense suffers, but the first half against Armenia shows a model of how we can play when we are superior to the opponent

So now it's a big pity he leaves and someone new has to start with a different plan.we have no idea about

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
Of course things can get worse now but atleast we don't lose somebody who gave me the feeling that he can get us to another level....we would've butchered Piturca rightfully for our offensive performances we showed under Radoi.
Yeah but there are reasons for that.
-Radoi calls the right players, there is no one left out for unexplained reasons
-He calls and uses young talented players
-He fields a team that has offensive talent, that on paper can attack, even if it doesn't happen on the game
-With some exceptions, there aren't many things we could think can be done better. For example yesterday we saw players loosing the ball easily on the second half. That's not Radoi's fault, it's about the quality of the players. With Piturca you couldn't expect Codrea, Ov Petre and Nicolita to produce some football. It was inpossible from the start

Basically, it seems Radoi takes the best out of the material he has, which is very hard to do on our NT. That being said, this shows lack of character, so no point in crying after him. The future looks badly basically because we are much weaker on the coaching department than on the players one. Our big coaches train in Arabia or WE at best, and have no ambition at all

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
An opportunistic move to say the least. Never in my miserable life have I read anything like this. To hind behind something like "My contract is up". Such holy bullshit.
Yeah, it's a pathetic excuse. He has all his life to coach a team if that's the problem

·
General Iordanescu
30,565 Posts
Yeah but there are reasons for that.
-Radoi calls the right players, there is no one left out for unexplained reasons
-He calls and uses young talented players
-He fields a team that has offensive talent, that on paper can attack, even if it doesn't happen on the game
-With some exceptions, there aren't many things we could think can be done better. For example yesterday we saw players loosing the ball easily on the second half. That's not Radoi's fault, it's about the quality of the players. With Piturca you couldn't expect Codrea, Ov Petre and Nicolita to produce some football. It was inpossible from the start

Basically, it seems Radoi takes the best out of the material he has, which is very hard to do on our NT. That being said, this shows lack of character, so no point in crying after him. The future looks badly basically because we are much weaker on the coaching department than on the players one. Our big coaches train in Arabia or WE at best, and have no ambition at all
This should be our motto:

Romanian NT: The future looks bad. Since 2000.

Maybe the players can convince him to stay.

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Radoi lacked offensive players/strikers in September and in October too. Especially in September. He was forced to call and start Markovic. Even with that we scored in all the games except in Macedonia. And he was clever enough to realize that since we can't attack properly, we have to fix the defensive game.

After the March games (which were a disaster) we played in June a friendly in England which was pretty decent. We played well that day.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts