Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
70,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday, 11 October. 21:45.

Ghencea Stadium, Bucharest

The NT debut in the new Steaua stadium. Let's hope it will bring good luck.

The plan is clear: to beat the Armenians and wait for a victory of Germany in Macedonia. With those results we'll be in the second place before the last two games (Iceland and Liechtenstein).

Head to Head: 4 Romanian wins, 1 draw, 1 Armenian win

·
General Iordanescu
30,539 Posts
Let's hope the tradition of beating them at home remains. Ideally by a 2+ goal margin for goal difference purposes.

Our boys have looked pretty decent lately so I hope we'll manage a positive result.

·
Registered
17,836 Posts
I think we are capable of putting them under pressure and create chances. If we'll convert them and manage the pressure is the real question

I think the good news is that a draw is not good for Armenia after their recent results and Macedonia surpassing them. So they can't come only to defend, don't you think?

·
General Iordanescu
30,539 Posts
Yes, it seems Macedonia is the real threat after Armenia lost points to Liechtenstein. A draw in Armenia - Macedonia would probably get us to the play-off with 'normal' results elsewhere. But it's silly to hope for that and do nothing to help ourselves.

Losing here would simply eliminate Armenia from contention BTW. It won't be easy. But they are under pressure too.

We need 9 points from the remaining 3 games to be sure.

·
Registered
17,836 Posts
I feel that this game is crucial. Not only for this campaign of course. There seems to be a momentum building for the team. More motivation, confidence and support from fans and press. Radoi seems to be finding the course after many attempts. As we said, he is still the best option we have. He could be very good, and the rest of options doesn't seem to

If we miss this chance, he may leave, and with a new coach who knows. Even when I'm sure this generation will become much better than previous one, with the wrong coach and approach you never know (Bratu and Mutu recent examples)

Getting to the playoff, where the demands won't be so high, would be enough to give him credit for the next campaign

·
General Iordanescu
30,539 Posts
Pentru a evita alte speculații pe tema suspendării lui George Pușcaș, FRF a primit în această dimineață documentul oficial de la FIFA care anunță suspendarea lui George pentru meciul cu Armenia. Nu a existat vreun dubiu în această privință.

Puscas suspended vs Armenia. Because he was suspended due to the straight red, but still has the yellow received in that match on his record. So with the new one, one round suspension.

Anyway, Ivan or Keseru will start.

Nita, Ratiu, Chiriches, Ianis, Mihaila, Stanciu risk missing the Iceland game due to bookings.

·
Registered
70,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Radoi should have called Alibec in this list. He's already playing with CFR and in the moment of making the list he was close to the return.
The Puscas yellow was pretty stupid against Germany btw. It's like he was looking for it.

For once I see right a midfield with Cicaldau-Marin-Stanciu.

I'd do....

-----------------------------Nita
------------Chiriches--------------------Rus
Ratiu------------------------------------------------Bancu
--------Cicaldau----------Marin----------Stanciu
Ianis------------------------------------------------Mihaila
-------------------------Keseru/Ivan

·
Registered
17,836 Posts
For once I see right a midfield with Cicaldau-Marin-Stanciu.

I'd do....

-----------------------------Nita
------------Chiriches--------------------Rus
Ratiu------------------------------------------------Bancu
--------Cicaldau----------Marin----------Stanciu
Ianis------------------------------------------------Mihaila
-------------------------Keseru/Ivan
I completely disagree. Having more offensive players is not being more offensive. What happens with this system is that we loose Marin's offensive qualities, and we don't have someone who can cover defensively. The DM is a key position. It brings balance, it's supposed to stop that last pass to the fowards. It helps more offensive midifleders to find their place better on the field and therefore do their job better

Even with 5 defenders it was clear against Germany we lacked that man. The first goal may have been blocked by a real DM. Armenia has Mkhitarian and now Zelarrayan who is also a talented midfielder. They won't be easy to stop and if they create too many problems our offensive efforts may be ruined (as we saw on the first leg) We need to attack, yeah, but we need the ball first and having technical players is not enough for that.
Also, I'd rather have one of those 3 players to refresh the midfield. If they all play we have no one to come in those roles

I really hope Radoi doesn't erase what he has improved lately. He has to choose whoever he trusts more between Albu and Nedelcu

·
Registered
17,836 Posts
Anyway, Ivan or Keseru will start.

Nita, Ratiu, Chiriches, Ianis, Mihaila, Stanciu risk missing the Iceland game due to bookings.
How idiotic from Puscas...

Having all those players risking suspension is very dangerous. Of course tomorrow game is all that matters for the moment, but we might be seriously damaged for the next game

·
General Iordanescu
30,539 Posts
How idiotic from Puscas...

Having all those players risking suspension is very dangerous. Of course tomorrow game is all that matters for the moment, but we might be seriously damaged for the next game
Yes. Because of this, I'd probably do:

Nita -- Manea, Chiriches, Rus, Bancu -- Marin, Nedelcu, Cicaldau -- Ianis, Keseru, Mitrita

Not saying Mihaila, Stanciu & Ratiu can't get minutes but we need to minimize the risk. Man can replace Ianis if needed vs Iceland. Chiriches really needs to be careful, we can't replace his experience.

Albu vs Nedelcu and Keseru vs Ivan are judgment calls. Boulevard Bancu is also a risk and Tosca has been solid...

·
Registered
17,836 Posts
Maxim, Morutan, Ivan, Mihaila, Stanciu all excellent options to come in and change the game if needed.
I'm 99% sure Stanciu will start. Radoi appreciates his experience too much. BTW it seems Cicaldau had some physical problems before Germany, maybe that's why he didn't play.

Starting Mitrita and having Mihaila as a sub is not a bad idea. Him and Bancu can work well offensively, altough defensively it could bring problems

·
General Iordanescu
30,539 Posts
Seems Burca will not be recovered, and there are questions about Nedelcearu. So either Rus or Tosca alongside Chiriches almost certainly. We'll see about the rest.

If Cic still has physical problems then Stanciu will surely start.

·
Registered
70,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GSP line up: Niță - Rațiu, Chiricheș, Rus, Bancu - Stanciu, Nedelcu, Cicâldău - I. Hagi, Keșeru, Maxim

Radoi: "Dacă vom câștiga cu Armenia și cu Islanda, și nu vom câștiga cu Liechtenstein, atunci, cu tot respectul, noi nu avem față de niciun baraj, nici măcar de Cupa Intertoto! Le-am transmis asta jucătorilor, nu mă ascund."

·
General Iordanescu
30,539 Posts
Imagine what Dan Petrescu would say... "we're not favorites versus Liechtenstein, they have some good players, one of them is even a professional"

1 - 20 of 95 Posts