Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Matchday 2:
Turkiye - Belgium, September 10, 21:00 (TSI)
Venue: Şükrü Saraçoğlu Stadium, Istanbul

Currently leading the table, on goal difference.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Lot more difficult than Armenia, plus I hate SSS, Inonu would be much much better. I expect a win though, we are better than Belgium. Very important game.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Lot more difficult than Armenia, plus I hate SSS, Inonu would be much much better. I expect a win though, we are better than Belgium. Very important game.
If they can fill SSS, then it will be better than Inonu.

I will buy this game off secveseyret.com

I think it will be same line up as Armenia game, but with Kazim coming in for Mevlut. (If there are no fresh injuries).

·
Master Debater
20,962 Posts
Şeytan;6608351 said:
SSS is the best stadium in the country, what's the issue?
Fener players there, we all know plenty of people are allergic to this team.

Such B.S. too because SSS is by far the best stadium in Turkey that I know of. We should play all our N.T. games there.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Fener players there, we all know plenty of people are allergic to this team.

Such B.S. too because SSS is by far the best stadium in Turkey that I know of. We should play all our N.T. games there.
No doubt. When I come to Turkey in 2 years time for my military service, I want to see the new Galatasaray and Besiktas stadiums and also the SSS. Gala and Besiktas stadiums will be class, SSS is already class.

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
Some people have this feeling of voodoo when games are played as SSS, claiming it's bad luck, F0RZA KARTAL I remember used to always say that :D

Others will pull the atmosphere card, even though the atmosphere is always going to be above average be it SSS, Inonu, ASY or wherever, as long as a crowd shows up. And even though rival fans don't like to show up in each others stadiums, there's nothing stopping them. In fact if they actually did turn up in each other's stadiums once in a while for national team matches, it might solve a few problems when it comes back to league matches.

No doubt. When I come to Turkey in 2 years time for my military service, I want to see the new Galatasaray and Besiktas stadiums and also the SSS. Gala and Besiktas stadiums will be class, SSS is already class.
Are you going to do the short term service? I'm thinking of doing it on my next holiday and telling work that I'm stuck in it for two months, that way I can have a nice long holiday :howler:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Şeytan;6608376 said:
Are you going to do the short term service? I'm thinking of doing it on my next holiday and telling work that I'm stuck in it for two months, that way I can have a nice long holiday :howler:
hahaha nice, Im planning to go when my uni finishes in middle of 2010. I believe July is one of the 4 months you can do the short term service so I will do it then. I'm planning to stay for another 2 months after that so I can watch the 2010 Basketball World Championships in Turkey.

Qualifications for Euro 2012 would be starting at that time aswell, this might be my only chance to watch Turkey play in Turkey.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Re: Players who went to the Olympics

Starters against Estonia:
Jan VERTONGHEN ('87)
Kevin MIRALLAS ('87)
Marouane FELLAINI ('87)
Thomas VERMAELEN ('85)
Vincent KOMPANY ('86)
Starters but didn't go Beijing:
Axel WITSEL ('89)
Steven DEFOUR ('88)

Also Olympics starters, but didn't make the bench for Estonia:
Logan BAILLY ('85)
Moussa DEMBELE ('87)

Belgium squad: http://www.footbel.com/nl/nationale_elftallen/rode_duivels/selectie.html

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Jan VERTONGHEN ('87)
Kevin MIRALLAS ('87)
Marouane FELLAINI ('87)
Thomas VERMAELEN ('85)
Vincent KOMPANY ('86)
Axel WITSEL ('89)
Steven DEFOUR ('88)
7 out of the 11 starters were very young. I wonder how they will cope at a packed SSS??? I'm not saying that we will thrash them, but it will be interesting to watch.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I don't like SSS. Like you said, bad luck or something, but I just don't like the damn thing. It's not because of Fenerbahce, every time I imagine that stadium when it comes to NT, I see Ukraine or Swiss in front of my eyes.

Plus, when I said Inonu, I was probably thinking about Besiktas fans. I wish they come and support because they are simply the best fans in the Turkey and maybe the world. Simple enough, when I imagine Inonu I see great atmosphere, but that's because of Carsi I guess. Wish NT had that kind of support...

·
Registered
30,022 Posts

Jan VERTONGHEN ('87)
Kevin MIRALLAS ('87)
Marouane FELLAINI ('87)
Thomas VERMAELEN ('85)
Vincent KOMPANY ('86)
Axel WITSEL ('89)
Steven DEFOUR ('88)

Also Olympics starters, but didn't make the bench for Estonia:
Logan BAILLY ('85)
Moussa DEMBELE ('87)

Belgium squad: http://www.footbel.com/nl/nationale_elftallen/rode_duivels/selectie.html
As far as I know about these guys, Vertonghen doesn't really play much at Ajax, no idea if he's moved. Mirallas recently moved to Lyon's rivals Saint-Etienne, Fellanai who's not ethnic Belgian (like most of their national team I guess) is quite the complete player, good buy by Everton. Vermaelen and Kompany are solid, Witsel and Defour are part of Standard's strong attack, which nearly broke Liverpool in the CL preliminaries. Bailly is an on and off keeper, he was horendous against Nigeria at the Olympics. Dembele, well he's dangerous on his day.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I dont know why, but I have this feeling that we are going to play really well against Belgium.

1. Belgium have a very young team and only beat Estonia 3-2.
2. Game is in Turkey
3. Game is at SSS
4. The team would of shaken off some nerves after the win against Armenia.
5. Arda and Aurelio were half fit against Armenia, hopefully they will be in a better position for the Belgium game.

I think we will win this by 2 goals.

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
The Estonia score was flattering for Estonia, from what I saw it was a higher quality game (in general) than the crap we saw last night against Armenia.

We should win, but it won't necessarily be easy unless there's a massive lift in quality. And if we don't win we're setting ourselves up for a massive task - a double header against Spain in the space of 4 days, before rounding out the group with a visit to Belgium. I can see that happening even if it's a win against Belgium, just because Turks like it the hard way.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Marouane FELLAINI ('87) Everton paid £15 mil for this guy, than again premiership is the most inflated league in the world, it's awash with cash(that rhymed :D ) , but he is very highly rated by a lot of pundits. I look forward to see him play.
Belgium has got the quality to come and beat us in Turkey, they have good players, we have to play to a high standard to beat them. If we perform like we did against Armenia, where we played decent only in bare patches, it's going to be a long painful game to watch.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Armenia game was a totally different case then the game we are going to play on Wednesday. I think our NT will deliver again.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Aurelio didn't take part in training today due to an injury. I don't think he'll be able to play in this one.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts