Xtratime Community banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
so what if there's a convict past? History is history, good or bad.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
exactly, but alot of people see it as something embaressing

edit: you must remember however that Mahhhvelous Melbourne was founded by peasants who became overnight millionaires thanks to the gold rush, were not a convict colony :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I don't know anybody that thinks our past is embarrasing. The girls in America dig you when they think your ancestors were convicts, that with the accent... you can't go wrong :cool:

·
Registered
186 Posts
So sad to see this thread degenerate into a preschool-level slanging match.

Anyhow, having seen every match both teams have played (friendlies and competitive) over the past 2-3 years, i am of the opinion that the Croatian side is more than a little better all-round - they have more depth up front, the midfield is about even (Australia probably just shades it actually), and the gulf in class between the two defences is enormous.

Now this doesn't mean that the Croatians are a shoe-in by any means. For injuries, suspensions, loss of form etc. will all be vital factors. And as good a coach as Zlatko Kranjcar is, it has to be said that the Aussies have, in my opinion at least, the best in the business, with two WC semi-final appearances to his name. This will be invaluable to them.

Forced to pick a result, i'd say 2-0 or 3-1 to Croatia, but then it wouldn't surprise me at all if Australia got up 1-0.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
stralian said:
I don't know anybody that thinks our past is embarrasing. The girls in America dig you when they think your ancestors were convicts, that with the accent... you can't go wrong :cool:
noone will say theyre embarresed by it, but you can tell many people are when debating with the poms

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
BillyBob said:
noone will say theyre embarresed by it, but you can tell many people are when debating with the poms
I use it to my advantage. I just give em the old crazy eye stare and tell them that my ancestors have a long reputation of killing people. Why else would i be in Australia.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Motherwell's Mcdonald rated better than old firm strikers

Iverness Caley defender Darren Dods Rates Motherwell striker Scott McDonald a tougher opponent than any of the forwards at either Rangers or Celtic.

Dods said: "McDonald is a handful and one of the hardest strikers for a big defender to play against."

"Guys like Kris Boyd and John Hartson have been getting a lot of praise and rightly so. But when you look at what McDonald has done at a so-called smaller club it's just as impressive."

"He's a nightmare to try to pin down and when he gets in behind you he's hard to catch".

"but hopefully we'll keep a close eye on him and limit his scoring chances as much as possible."

Well shit, ey. Sounds like a promising future. Probably Australia's 3rd/4th choice striker at the moment. I wonder if he was including Rangers/Croatia's #1 Dado Prso aswell in his analysis :lala:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Cevapcici kid said:
Ill take Prso over Mcdonald any day of the week. Any day.

Prso can play mid and striker both very convincingly. Youre trying to tell me Mcdonald is better then Prso? haha if you are.
whats going on Cevap, hadn't spoke to you in awhile mate.

Well of course, i would rate Prso higher than Mcdonald as well... Although, Darren Dodd may beg to differ.

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
stralian said:
whats going on Cevap, hadn't spoke to you in awhile mate.

Well of course, i would rate Prso higher than Mcdonald as well... Although, Darren Dodd may beg to differ.
Howdy partner!

I think its context. He might have been asked about Mcdonald. I wonder what he'd say if he was asked about Prso?

I dont think the question for his answer was "who is the best striker you have played against in the spl?"

I think it was something about Mcdonald specifically. Thats my opinion anyway. Prso is definetly>

81 - 91 of 91 Posts