Zambrotta Tommasi

Totti Del Piero

Vieri Montella

is a lineup made by amo which i really like

trap will never use it but i can dream

i dont wanna get the US they are fast and they seem to be lucky
the koreans well they have an army behind em
the portugese are tricky

overall the US would be our best chance but they are not to be underestimated.....like the portugese did

hopefully trap will learn from his crap in the group stages

a 1-1-1 record....pathjetic

if we have more of his **** lineups and tactic well all io can say is i hope that he gets a stroke :D ;)

Lav

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I wouldn't drop Maldini. ;)

My idea is for the defence to be on 4, with Tommasi right in front of it shielding it. Zambrotta a second hard worker in midfield, also moving up the right wing when needed. Totti and DP in some free kinda roles, with DP drifting to the left and Totti to the right like Capello made him do in the Roma-Lazio game. Montella an all around forward and Vieri the area striker.

It was only an idea anyway, its not like Trap will ever do that.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true trap will probably say we conceded a goal and we need more defenders :D

anywas who do uthink we will play and who would u perfer

Lav

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think Trap is stubborn enough to stick to today's line up in the next game, perhaps withdrawing Panucci in defence in place of the banned Cannavaro and throwing Coco in midfield. However, it is more probable that either Del Piero or Montella will start instead of Inzaghi. Hopefully at least.

My guess:

Buffon

Panucci Nesta Maldini

Zambrotta Tommasi Zanetti Coco

Totti

Vieri Montella/DP

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont know but i think we need DP on the field with montella and vieri

the way dp and montella combined for the goal was magnificent

pure class

i think that maybe totti needs to sit one out or something he ahs been out of sorts for the last 2 games

funny how all the men who matter in this WC arnt stepping up...this is a tournament where stars are born read: JON DALH TOMMASON! and he is at MILAN!!!!!!!!!!

Lav

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I think Trap is stubborn enough to stick to today's line up in the next game, perhaps withdrawing Panucci in defence in place of the banned Cannavaro and throwing Coco in midfield. However, it is more probable that either Del Piero or Montella will start instead of Inzaghi. Hopefully at least.

My guess:

Buffon

Panucci Nesta Maldini

Zambrotta Tommasi Zanetti Coco

Totti

Vieri Montella/DP

I don't know if I trust Maldini in a three man defense. With Panucci playing more forward against Italy, they essentially played a three man back and Maldini looked horrible. Without Cannavaro next game, it could be costly.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Someone who doesn't have the balls to drop Di Livio and Delvecchio from the WC squad will never dare to bench Maldini. Maldini has been arguably Italy's worse player in all 3 games but there is no point discussing it. As long as he is healthy he will start.

And he was indeed horrible today. He has responsibility for the goal and that backpass... phew. :relieved:

·
Registered
384 Posts
i thought maldini played reasonable today..that goal was a fluky goal maldini had the forwards back to the net it was just one of those things.......his play will strenghten as the tournament prgoresses..its not a matter of maldini playign so bad but nesata and cannavaro are just so far ahead of hm and anyone else now

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Without a doubt in my mind it will be :

_______________Buffon_________
____Pannuci____Nesta___Maldini__
__Zambrotta_Tommasi_Zanneti_Coco
_____________Totti_____________
_________Vieri_______Del Piero/Inzaghi

I would start with the defence and midfield as this, but with DP as a starter be that being as a striker or in Totti's role. Totti got a chance and created a few but wasn't great, he doesn't work hard enough IMO.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
From the time when the draw was released on December 1 I always said I wanted to avoid Portugal in the 2nd round. I had expected them to play us in the semi finals. It would be great to avoid them. USA would be great, but if it's S Korea we can shut the home crowd up :D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Well this is it . Its S. Korea for us. Personally I would have liked the USA. But beggers can't be choosers. We just managed to slip into the 2nd round, so playing with anybody doesn't matter. Its the same.

I am just afraid of the fan support S. Korea are going to get. :scared:

Any best of luck to Trap and his boyz.:)

Ciao

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Official Thread: South Korea vs Italy

It's official, we're gonna play the co-hosts, South Korea on Tuesday night, June 18 in Daejeon. They beat Portugal 1-0 not long ago to finish top of Group D with 7 points. Their home crowd will be eager for success.

What do you think?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Sorry dude I didn't see this thread and posted my one :D One of the mods can merge it or close it if they like :)

Back to the game, the stadium in Daejeon only fits 40,000, still great support for Korea, but it won't be as much as their group games.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the ? is sout korea

the home crowd is a weapon

the koreans run like hell and press press and press

this means totti will have another stinker unless he runs like he did vs ecuador

vierie should be able to usse his size agianst the smaller defenders

maldini's legacy will be made a joke here by the fast koreans

trap u gotta pull something out of your as here cause to me right now i see south korea beating us

Lav

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Excuse me King Italy (in case you have not noticed :rolleyes: ), I have already started a thread on this subject.

I don't want to be a cry baby, but Plz supply me with some reasons for "WHY MY THREAD DOESN'T COUNT". If there are some rules concerning this question, kindly inform me. :confused:

Would really appreciate a valid reason.:)

Ciao

·
Registered
133 Posts
Before Italy plays it's next game (against S.Korea) they better have their act together because there is no more time to play around. Trap better make the right decisions for once. I guess putting Del Piero in for his "pride and joy"Totti must have been an act of devine intervention because I don't think he has that much common sense.

Anyway, if I'm correct, after this game (if won), Italy may face Spain in the quarter finals. Enough said. Let's not go beyond that before the outcome of the S.Korea game.:)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i just wanted to wish you guys luck against S Korea....i hope that you don't get screwed with the reffing...as you did previously against Croatia and as we did today against Korea...most of the calls will go against you so hopefully they are minor fouls so you don't get the reds we got...

good luck boys...my wife will be very pleased as she is Italian..

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
It will be a tough game, i would have prefered Usa but however South Korea is better then Portugal. We gotta play alot better then we did in the group, playing the home nation is never an easy game to play. Firstly they will have an 12 man with the audience then a 13 man with the ref and then we'll probably get one or 2 players sent off. 9-13 can we do it? Ofcourse we can :tongue:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
King Italy said:
Sorry dude I didn't see this thread and posted my one :D One of the mods can merge it or close it if they like :)

Back to the game, the stadium in Daejeon only fits 40,000, still great support for Korea, but it won't be as much as their group games.
All is well that ends well.:) Your reply taken in good sense. Maybe that would be a good idea that the threads are merged.:)

Moderators plz see to it. Thanx in advance.

:cool:

Ciao

1 - 20 of 78 Posts