Xtratime Community banner

Who will win this World Cup 2018 Qualification match?

• Iceland by 1 goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

June 11th, 2017 - 20:45 CET (18:45 local time, 2:45 EDT)

Laugardalsvöllur Stadium Reykjavík, Iceland (Capacity 15,000)

Squad TBD?

Match info from UEFA.com

from Soccerway.com

Betting odds from OddsChecker.com:

·
dinamo67
8,937 Posts
A win here would give us a real nice cushion. We dominated them at home and since our main players are in form there should be no reason we shouldn't get at least a draw here. I expect a win though. Still a bit to go, so hopefully no injuries.

·
Registered
20,290 Posts
Can't wait.

Fingers crossed Modric, Kova and Mandzo don't get hurt in the CL final and are 100% ready to go.

Win this one, and we will have one foot on the plane to russia...

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovren rockin the grb... I hope he can re-integrate nicely into the squad. Would be nice to have 3 solid CBs (plus Tin)

·
Registered
68,933 Posts
From what I read he will get surgery in the summer, not sure why he couldn't delay it anymore as he played the last 4-5 matches for Hoffenheim, but check out the quotes from Cacic on index, doesn't seem like any 'fight' or anything, more of a rest thing

·
Registered
20,290 Posts
Lovren rockin the grb... I hope he can re-integrate nicely into the squad. Would be nice to have 3 solid CBs (plus Tin)
Lovren better not pull out with some lame injury now. We have been EXTREMELY patient with him...now its time he delivers.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Lovren better not pull out with some lame injury now. We have been EXTREMELY patient with him...now its time he delivers.
He is in Australia playing against Sydney FC. He played the first half and was a non injury substitution, along with 7 other players.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
on a separate note though... has anyone thought about our keeper hierarchy? Suba is great, one of our leaders, had a great season in Ligue 1 and Europe.

but Kalinic might of had even a better season? Voted keeper of the year in Belgium, after just half a season (!!) single handily kept us in the Mexico game and IMO, maybe a little more athletic than Danjiel...

not sure I would say with 100% confidence that Lovre should be our #1, but it's a great situation to be in with having two high performing GK's

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
^ I've said that for years. Even by excluding stats/accolades, optically you can tell the guy is nothing short of a beast. His presence is always felt. One area where he does sometimes struggle are crosses, which is quite honestly surprising given his size and athleticism. A bit of polishing here and there and he might be up there with the best of them.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
on a separate note though... has anyone thought about our keeper hierarchy? Suba is great, one of our leaders, had a great season in Ligue 1 and Europe.

but Kalinic might of had even a better season? Voted keeper of the year in Belgium, after just half a season (!!) single handily kept us in the Mexico game and IMO, maybe a little more athletic than Danjiel...

not sure I would say with 100% confidence that Lovre should be our #1, but it's a great situation to be in with having two high performing GK's
Some decent players coming up through the youth system as well:

Livakovic u21 GK (Dinamo) - already has an A team cap and been on the bench a bunch as 3rd gk
Semper u19 GK (Lokamotiva) - played great in the u17 WC in 2015

both had 20+ caps in HNL1 this season

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Some decent players coming up through the youth system as well:

Livakovic u21 GK (Dinamo) - already has an A team cap and been on the bench a bunch as 3rd gk
Semper u19 GK (Lokamotiva) - played great in the u17 WC in 2015

both had 20+ caps in HNL1 this season
:thumbsup:

You think back to Pletikosa's tenure and the 2nd and 3rd choice keepers, compared to what we have now:

Joey Didulica
Tomislav Butina
Mario Galinovic
Ivan Kelava :howler:
etc.

Like I said, great situation to be in present day :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts