Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own the Official Match ball of this WC (Brazuca)?

I usually buy the official ball for each WC as a collectible. I just got this one, the only thing that got me concerned is that it says it is made in China (the 2010 ball was). However, I read articles saying 2 different things That the 2014 ball is made in China and Pakistan.

Does anyone know for sure?

If you own the ball, let me know what your's says.

Mine says Made in China.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
The brazuca ball is the best thing about this WC. Very much to blame for the high percentage of goals in this tournament so far.

Who made the brazuca, like you I read an article which states that Pakistan were behind the new ball but Im sure the Chinese will also have a hand in it.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brazuca ball is the best thing about this WC. Very much to blame for the high percentage of goals in this tournament so far.

Who made the brazuca, like you I read an article which states that Pakistan were behind the new ball but Im sure the Chinese will also have a hand in it.
Yea, I read that is a big improvement for this year. Having a better altitude than South Africa helps too.

I've been reading about the China and Pakistan thing. Looks it was China, but Adidas picked up a Pakistan company b/c the Chinese company couldn't keep up with supply demands. I'm also reading that the balls sold to the public (like sport stores) are made in China and the ones used in the games are Pakistan.

If anyone owns one, feel free to share.

all proper soccer balls are made in Pakistan

if you have a soccer ball made in China, destroy it immediately...
lmao, I knew you were going to make this exact post.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
all proper soccer balls are made in Pakistan

if you have a soccer ball made in China, destroy it immediately...
If you have a soccer ball made in Pakistan, inspect it properly. It could be a bomb.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I found out for sure, they are made in China.

You're welcome.

btw, the 2006 Teamgeist was moar better.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Atlantic claims they are manufactured in Sialkot, Punjab province, Pakistan.

Image number 20:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2014/06/brazil-prepares-for-the-world-cup/100755/
Yea, that's why I was getting confused, and my others.

I messaged Adidas, and they said it was fine. And a friend of mine bought one straight from the Adidas store, and it said made in China.

I think the earlier productions were made in China.

Or the materials were made in China, and assembled in Pakistan or some $hit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts