Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of making a match thread every time, we could just use this one.

Anyway, it's half time and we're leading 0-1 with a quite nice goal from St. Petrov. Berbatov wasted a 1 on 1 with the keeper and we had some good counterattacks too. Problem is that we're losing posession too quickly and allowing montenegro to press in our half which has led to some chances for them as well. We need to play better as a team, but being kicked around all the time doesn't help too much.

·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm a bit pissed now, in the beginning montenegro were shitein it and we were playing it cool, then it turned around and they were in control most of the time, not without the help of yankov, who stood out in midfield missing lots and lots of passes. velizar and lazarov were fouled like ****, not to mention we had two injured players.. In the end i expected a draw anyway, but i felt we should have got something more out of it.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Popov was our best player; too bad he got injured.
Anyhow we missed Petrov's speed against the shaky Montenegro defense.
And honestly how the fack do players aim the ball at the keeper 3 times in one match.

Our midfield was missing; or invisible. We couldnt string passes together against a team which isnt all that great in midfield(mostly tallanted in attack/attacking midfield positions)

The first 20 min where encouraging, but after the injury to Popov the team complitly stopped trying to counter attack.

Anyhow very dissapointed with the whole performance.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
The Bulgarians made Montenegro look a decent team.
They are a decent team? An attack consisting of Vukcevic-Jovetic-Vucinic
or players of Sporting-Fiorentina-Roma against Lazarov-Velizar-Berbatov or players of Shinnik-Metalurg-ManUnited...
I feel 2 years from now this game will be seen as one of the more positive results of our campaign.
We have poor team, without a gameplay, i really cant see us qualifying for the WC2010

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Montenegro are decent because of their attack.

Their defense is what is going to cost them points.

·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big match tonight, i think a draw's the best we can really hope for :/

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I honestly think we have a good chance here. Bunker down; hope Toni continues with his "can't hit a barndoor with a banjo" form; Buffon out injured and generally Italy not really giving 100% as usual in qualification.

I watched a few matches in Italy/Scotland/France group last time around and teh big difference is the coach. Also Italy's defense doesnt look as impressive right now.

Bulgaria 2-1 Italy

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
This fixture reminded me that I havent weared my Italy jersey for a while:)

As for the match itself,it would be unfair to Italy if they lose in this one while there is also no strong logic in Bulgaria winning. Having said that though, the miss of Buffon + some other players actually makes this game interesting.

·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didn't really watch the match, but a draw is not so bad, so i'm happy for now.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Im guessing that both teams are happy from this result for their own reasons. In any case, Italy set itself with attacking formation while Bulgaria tried to counter it with defending one(only Berbatov at front) so we were bound to see few or no goals. Nevertheless, credit to the Bulgarian defence for not cracking in any crucial moments.

Now 3 points against Georgia are a must.

·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank **** for Petkov and the crossbar, we should have lost with a big difference.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
We won't qualify for anything...

It's unbeliabable how awfull we were; midfield couldnt keep possession; Berbatov isolated as usual; medics not doing their job and letting Petrov play despite him not being anywhere near fit; Ivanov played as left back despite having Venkov who is a natural left sided full back;

Fair play to Georgia they should feel really hard done by the score line.

I don't think most of our players lack any respect being apart of the National Team, and it's pretty obvious they don't respect Markov either. Also how the fack is Milanov our first choice right back....

·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone watched the friendly? I couldn't, but i sure as hell don't regret it

·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Makriev is finally called up to the NT, as the second choice sub for Berbatov. He probably won't even make the reserves though...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts