Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is talk of an african nation playing host to it but what African Nations can truly affort to put on a good turnament?? With Germany getting it in 2006 and Asia just having one then the possobilities are either an African nation or a country in the Americas... With the countries in SA in economic, and Political strife (Argentina, Colombia, Brazil) there is not that good of a chance of a SA team trying to bring it there, although Uruguay or Brazil might just try and risk it... But the there is the two North American Nations who can host it in the USA and Mexico... The USA is already making noise about possibly 2014 but maybe they can step it up for 2010 and Mexico might just try and steal it if it sees the oportunity...

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Chile and Argentina TOGETHER have been hinting at the Production of the 2010 Cup to be held in both countries, since about 3 to 5 years now.
Fifa is all for Co-Hosted Cups now and I wont be surprised if it does happen in the Southern Cone.
The $$$$ that such an event brings would be more than enough incentive for Chile and Argentina to Host it..(Nevermind Argentina has a money cri$i$, someting the Cup can cure in hours) ;)
The Stadiums and the Infrastructure and the Fans and the accomodations are there..
It sounds to me as a great business venture for the Southern Cone.

:cool:

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Germany edged S. Africa narrowly to grab the 2006 WC, so FIFA may feel obligated to give Africa the 2010 one. USA and Mexico will have a better chance campaigning for the 2014 instead.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Oldsocfan said:
Germany edged S. Africa narrowly to grab the 2006 WC, so FIFA may feel obligated to give Africa the 2010 one. USA and Mexico will have a better chance campaigning for the 2014 instead.
Since Blatter is Havelange's puppet, and the brazilian still runs the show, from behind the curtains...Chances are yes that Africa might get it, but if the S Americans really want it..Havelange will tip the scale to our side of the World.

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts