Xtratime Community banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
amfan said:
Israel needs 19 points to clinch 2nd place. But 18 or even 17 might be enough. They need at least 2 wins against Faroe Islands and 1 win and 1 tie from either France, Ireland or Switzerland.

If we beat Faroe Islands on both games and tie Ireland in both games as well as the away with Switzerland and the home with France, than we will have 18 points!!!

If we want to have the 20 points, the wild card is on the French game, since now, the French have never managed to not score but not let in a goal, and there playing in Israel this time around so things may be different....

Im not worried about a wild card win! I am worried about israels goal difference. It stands right now at 6-4, which is good, cause were +2, but compared to the other 3 contenders, they have a higher difference then us....and Faroe Islands will be easy target for not only points but goals!! We need to come out of those two games with atleast 7-1 minmum in goal differentiate with respect to both games!

WE CAN DO IT Boys!

·
Registered
368 Posts
how many arabs players are currently in NT???
Is there an israeli arab support for the team or not at all ?
It's just to know....

·
Registered
222 Posts
BARNES said:
how many arabs players are currently in NT???
Is there an israeli arab support for the team or not at all ?
It's just to know....
Yesterday two arab players played for the NT it's Walid Badir (who was in the starting 11) and Abbas Suan (who substituted Yaniv Katan in the 65 minute)
About Israeli Arab's supporting the NT? I don't know i guess it's some support some don't and most don't care...

·
Registered
368 Posts
KSO said:
Yesterday two arab players played for the NT it's Walid Badir (who was in the starting 11) and Abbas Suan (who substituted Yaniv Katan in the 65 minute)
About Israeli Arab's supporting the NT? I don't know i guess it's some support some don't and most don't care...

Ok thanks.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I share berko's feeling. The first half was good, for about 20 minutes or so, we were much better but after the first goal Cyprus woke up and started going more and more forward until they got the equaliser partially because of Saban and Afek who failed to mark Okkas, both of them were played out of position and it showed. Afek is not a fullback, and Saban is not a central defender. The second half was terrible, Cyprus were all over us most of the time and we could hardly do anything with the ball. Benayoun wasn't bad last night, he did OK most of the game, but Benayoun can do more than that and he showed it with that fantastic assist to Nimni, who despite scoring the winning goal lost some balls, was slow at times and caused the penalty. But he had some good moves, was involved in most attacks in the first half and his free kick caused the first goal. I was dissapointed with Yaniv Katan who disappeared a lot and didn't do much. All in all I feel most players were average Yesterday, it was not a great game as we said, but for now what matters is the win. A win is a win, we had to take care of that first, think about football later. You can't argue with facts: 8 points in 4 matches and we're yet to lose. We tied two better teams and beat a team that is worse twice. But we have to improve a lot if we want to take something out of the crucial ties in March with Ireland and France, this will not be enough.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Meanwhile it is being reported that Benayoun didn't really get injured by that tackle from Ben Haim, or at least the reports were exaggerated. Benayoun has been suffering from the same injury during the last month but no further damage was done after that tackle by Ben Haim in the final training before the match. So after that tackle, Moshe Sinai asked Benayoun if he is alright. Benayoun said it's nothing serious and he is OK, but Sinai ordered him to stay down on the pitch. From there on everyone including the Cypriots believed Benayoun's injury is worse and he is seriously doubtful. But all the talks regarding Benayoun being doubtful for this game weren't true actually. He did get 2 injections before the match, but he was always going to play this game. So this was another level in the psychological war with the Cypriots. BTW Benayoun himself says his injury has become worse after the match and now he doesn't know if he could play for Santander on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
According to the Daily Mirror, Yossi Benayoun is on the way to Bolton! With all respect to Bolton, but I think Benayoun is much better than Bolton

The performance of Benayoun in the previous game woke up interest. Daily Mirror said, that Bolton is willing to pay 1.5 million pounds. The transfer could be executed when the transfer window will be opened soon. (I think 1st January - 30th January)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
According to the Daily Mirror, Yossi Benayoun is on the way to Bolton! With all respect to Bolton, but I think Benayoun is much better than Bolton

The performance of Benayoun in the previous game woke up interest. Daily Mirror said, that Bolton is willing to pay 1.5 million pounds. The transfer could be executed when the transfer window will be opened soon. (I think 1st January - 30th January)

Is it only a loan? :confused:

This man can play for Tottenham or Everton or.....Chelsea

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Kappa21 said:
Is it only a loan? :confused:

This man can play for Tottenham or Everton or.....Chelsea

Well I don't want to see this move happens. Actually Bolton are playing very good this season and Benayoun could be great for them but he is more suited for the Spanish style and I'd like to see him play for a bigger club really, no offense to Bolton of course. Plus they already have the likes of Okocha and Diouf, how is Benayoun going to play together with them?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts