Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The National team is doing its way to Cyprus as I write this, without 3 players who were dropped Yesterday, Elimelech, Rabah and Shibchon. Afek will be match fit after all. BTW in a fitness test that was held last week, it was determined Shimon Gershon has the worst fitness in the National team, nearly like a player in an amateur level. Arik Benado and Av Strull are also suffering from bad fitness, while David Revivo, Omer Golan and Abas Suan have the best fitness in the NT. These results are said to be an important factor for Grant when he chooses the starting lineup on Wednesday.

From the Cypriot side there are voices reminding us we never won there and that we rely too much on Benayoun. The Cypriots will probably double-manmark him so this means the rest of the attackers will have to step up if we want to take 3 points, which is a must. The probable lineup right now: Davidovich - Afek, Benado, Ben Haim, Saban, Keisi - Badir, Nimni, Benayoun - Katan, Balili.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I heard that Shimon Gershons ability is that of a liga leumit or liga artzit player.

I hope our other players like Katan who was missing in the last game and Balili would step up!

The Cyprus are easily confused in the first 25 minutes of the game, when they get every coordinated, they will start to attack and become deadly. The first 25 minutes will be important for Israel. I hope we will make the best of it..perhaps get a quick goal or two and then act all defenceful in the end part of the game!!

1-0 is a good away goal for us.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
The Cypriots are speaking to much and talking is part of their weapons to stop us , they rely on history which is favourable for them in Cyprus, but as Gershon said in an interview that in the current squad a lot of players weren't at the games when Israel lost there which takes a bit of the pressure out. The truth we only need to focus on our game and play the way we are that the result will come naturally, afterall why must we fear?? We are facing a team that drew at home against the Faroe Islands.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
The Cypriots are speaking to much and talking is part of their weapons to stop us , they rely on history which is favourable for them in Cyprus, but as Gershon said in an interview that in the current squad a lot of players weren't at the games when Israel lost there which takes a bit of the pressure out. The truth we only need to focus on our game and play the way we are that the result will come naturally, afterall why must we fear?? We are facing a team that drew at home against the Faroe Islands.
Right,
Cyprus is a team that has struggled.. Sure, they can rely on historic facts. But look at them today. There are 6 teams in the group and the first 4 (Israel, France, Switzerland, Ireland) are in first while Cyprus is dead last and Faroe Is no where near....

Israel can finish them up and break the jinx!! :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Cyprus have nothing to lose. They lost chances to qualify and even finish third probably, so this game means much less for them. There's definitely no reason why we can't take all 3 points, we're better and we have to win if we want to stay in the fight for the 2nd spot.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Cyprus have nothing to lose. They lost chances to qualify and even finish third probably, so this game means much less for them. There's definitely no reason why we can't take all 3 points, we're better and we have to win if we want to stay in the fight for the 2nd spot.
The Question is...
why would they wanna flex a muscle on Israel?
Israel has had a better draw then them. I mean, they put up a fight with the games they had (minus faroe), but they simply sunk to the low....

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
INJURY WOES FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

YOSSI BENAYOUN! OF THEM ALL, IS SAID TO BE SUFFERING A HAMSTRING INJURY, THOUGH HE TOOK PAINKILLERS AND I HOPE HE WILL FEEL GOOD!

BEN HAIM FELT DIZZY AND WAS REMOVED! IF HE IS NOT OK! GERSHON!! THE ONE WHO IS UNFIT! WILL TAKE HIS SPOT

KOOS EMAK! :fero:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Some relief for us! it seems that Benayoun and Afek will be able to start afterall, don´t if 100% but both of them even not completely fit add a lot to our NT. Tal Ben Haim is still in doubt for the match.

Another thing Idan Tal was not part of this squad because of the second yellow card, so some players aware of this and be careful because we have two important clashes in march at home, even though they must think only on this one right now. As far as I could remember, Benado, Badir and Kattan received yellow cards.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yep they're all going to be match fit. The hottest name at the Cypriot side is still Benayoun, after talking about him being Israel's most dangerous player now they have more reasons to be motivated to stop him: His comments in Yedioth Yesterday ("The Cypriots are talking too much") managed to annoy a few players and the media that immediately started attacking Benayoun saying his only talent is in his legs and that only Omri Afek speaks in a professional way on the Israeli side. Things are sure getting hot, yet, this game is still less important than the match between Anorthosis and Apoel Nicosia on Saturday, Cyprus' match of the season, at least according to Eli Gutman. One of Gutman's players is a member of the NT and he confirmed that Benayoun is the player they fear from. Obviously all those talkings around Benayoun open up an excellent opportunity for others to step up and shine, Balili and Katan for instance.

BTW the U-21 game is currently being played and the score is 0:0 in the second half.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
The israeli U21 leads with 1-0 after a goal in the 82th minute by Aviram Bruchian

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
And 1:0 it ended. :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
And 1:0 it ended. :)
Good game :D
I always support our U21 trying to work hard to win some games.....

Now lets do a repeat of the Match tommorow night and show those Cypricot Place number.....5 :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks like Benayoun is doubtful, after picking up an injury in training today following a tackle by Ben Haim. :( This is bad news, if Benayoun does not play, David Revivo will probably take his spot.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Looks like Benayoun is doubtful, after picking up an injury in training today following a tackle by Ben Haim. :( This is bad news, if Benayoun does not play, David Revivo will probably take his spot.
BEN HAIM! UR A ****ING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fero:
This is bad news indeed!!!!!!

On good news :thmbup:
with the u21 win, Israel is in 2nd place ahead of Switzerland and Ireland.....and just like a few points off from France :D:D:D:D:D

Good vision of our U21 hopes for the future?
Tom Almadon was bright :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone on this f***ing planet know where i can listen or watch the match?
I am gonna go f**cking crazy for the boys. GO ISRAEL!!!!!! AM ISRAEL CHAI!!!

Please let me know if i can listen or watch the match somewhere on the www

Thanks

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Reshet Bet is broadcasting this game as far as I know. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
BARNES said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to see this game in france???????????
No idea.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Kappa21 said:
YOSSI BENAYOUN! OF THEM ALL, IS SAID TO BE SUFFERING A HAMSTRING INJURY, THOUGH HE TOOK PAINKILLERS AND I HOPE HE WILL FEEL GOOD!

QUOTE]

If we had Berkovic in the squad it wouldn't be such a drama.

SHITTY COACH :boxing: :fero: :skull:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Actually Berkovic is currently injured so this put an end to his chances of getting into the squad. Benayoun will probably start, he'll recieve an injection right before the match which should help with the pains, but he is still injured and not fully fit.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts