Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This improtant qualifier is 9 days away and Avraham Grant has just announced his squad for this game:

Goalkeepers
Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa)
Dudu Awatt (Racing Santander)
Shavit Elimelech (Hapoel Tel Aviv)

Defenders
Avi Strull (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Kalmi Saban (Hapoel Petah Tikva)
Shimon Gershon (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Arik Benado (Maccabi Haifa)
Adoram Keisi (Hapoel Petah Tikva
Ori Uzan (Maccabi Haifa)
Tal Ben Haim (Bolton)
Abed Rabah (Bnei Sachnin)

Midfielders

Yossi Shibchon (Hapoel Petah Tikva)
Avi Nimni (Beitar Jerusalem)
Abas Suan (Bnei Sachnin)
Walid Badir (Maccabi Haifa)
David Revivo (SC Ashdod)
Ofir Azu (Beitar Jerusalem)
Yossi Benayoun (Racing Santander)
Omri Afek (Salamanca)

Forwards
Omer Golan (Maccabi Petah Tikva)
Yaniv Katan (Maccabi Haifa)
Pini Balili (Kayserispor)

Most of the regular members are there, Ravid Gazal who played against Switzerland was dropped out of the squad. Biggest surprise is the inclusion of Ofir Azu of course, and Baruch Dego wasn't recruited despite the talks after his game against Ajax, Grant stated he does not wish to recall anyone based on one good game.

Opinions? Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Dago did play a few good games, and i think he should have gotten a chance.

I just hope that Yaniv Katan will be able to play. He is an important factor, Benayoun will also be important and hopefully we can edge Cyprus and atleast stay alive in this group of death :skull:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Despite all the talks Berkovic is still being left out, however he is injured right now so this might be part of the reason. Regarding Idan Tal, I don't know. About Lior Asulin he did not serve in the military and this disqualifies him from being part of the NT for now. A similar case happened with Igal Antebi, but after serving 'community service' work hours he was allowed to play for the National team and Grant called him up.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
How come then, Asuilin doesn't want to do community service? It would greatly improve his chances to get into Europe, i think.

What does he need to do? How old is he?

Berkovic is a slow player. A Good, but slow player. I think we need fast players, especially against Ireland. He could have been called up, but since we don;t have any friendlies between Nov 17 and March.. i think that is the only game we can see the right/strong formation being built against Ireland...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bexixeb said:
Idan Tal is suspended with two yellow cards, I think.
Right. Good memory, he picked up his second yellow against Switzerland.

Welcome BTW :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
bexixeb said:
Idan Tal is suspended with two yellow cards, I think.

Who are you?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
bexixeb said:
The king of Swaziland.

So your from Switzerland?
What else.....

how old are u :)

Your new to the forum, isee?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
bexixeb said:
I am 19 years old and from England.

Are u ajew (APCHUUUUUUUUU)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
About the match I think we will miss Idan Tal's absence in the heart of midfield, specially because he plays alongside Badir also in Maccabi Haifa and they know where each one is on the pitch. About not calling up players that played a few matches I think Dego deserved a chance, first we all know his potential and he has showed good displays in his game, maybe he would have some problems with Nimni over there....The same example goes to Ofir Azu, who has had decent games for Beitar, but was he really called up for his displays or by his last match against Hapoel Petah Tikva??

Anyways with Azu or not Israel needs to collect at least a point in Cyprus which we historically know we have some difficulties around there. Any estimation of how many fans will travel?? I remember when we played them for the Euro 2000 qualifyers and half of the stadium was Israeli, it was an invasion, but we lost 3:2 at the end of the match as usual.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Are u ajew (APCHUUUUUUUUU)
I don't know. Who's ajew? Give me a few hours and I should be able to get you a detailed account of my life and background. ;)

As for the game; I don't think a draw will be enough for Israel.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Ofcourse it will not be enough Bex,

We need a win!! We need the points ahead of the crucial games in March...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The NT beat the U21 2:0 in a training game, goals by Golan and Badir. Grant used different lineups in both halves, and different tactics as well, 442 in the first half and 541 in the second.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Looks good :D

OT: Why did u close the prediction leauge :mad:
We could have gotten advantage of the point system!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like Omri Afek might miss the match following his injury, and his possible replacement in the starting lineup is David Revivo.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
It looks like Omri Afek might miss the match following his injury, and his possible replacement in the starting lineup is David Revivo.

Shocking! This man is good, but not as good as Baruch Dago? Why not put Dago in?

I heard that Nimny will be in the starting line up!! How would that do?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts