Discussion Starter #1
Well, no one posted this thread yet? :D

Bulgaria
Sweden
Hungary
Croatia
Malta
Iceland

well, let's say it's a good one, but of course it always could be a better one.

what'd ye think ?

·
Registered
43,392 Posts
It looks good cause it could be much worse and it coudl hardly be better, not that it is so great and easy, you know.

Sweden we shall see in Euro 04, which of course means, they shall know us too. But I guess its better to know them.

Croatia are on our list, we have their number, but surely they are a very strong side.

Hungary are piss poor. I live here you know, and everyone knows that. One of the worst Championships in Europe, and lack of any big names who play abroad. Still, they have quality and if they get their act together should be quite good.

Iceland is the one I didn’t want from that Pot. Very solid, with few players on top euro level. Besides, playing in Reykjavik is never easy. Its -5 there in July :D :tongue: But we played them recently and we know them a little bit.

Malta - 6 points. ;)

It will be tough. If we get out of the Euro 04 with quality results and heads up, we shall be very very strong for the WC qualifiers as our top guys will hit (should) top form in their mid or late 20s.

Playing in Zagreb, Budapest, Stockholm, Reykjavik and Valetta is good. Neither of them is "dangerous" (apart from Island, if it is winter, but still it is not like playing in fmr.USSR) and neither is "hell" (may be Zagreb is closer to it, but km. away from Greece, Turkey, Belgrade, England, and the likes). Also, neither of these have the dangerous fans who will come in hundreds and destroy Sofia, if you know what I mean. Few Croatians will travel I guess, but still nothing close. And: there is no a football super power ...

So, in total - a strong, solid, but calm, relax and normal group. I like it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts