5 Eylül 2016 - 21.45 Hırvatistan-Türkiye
6 Ekim 2016 - 21.45 Türkiye-Ukrayna
9 Ekim 2016 - 21.45 İzlanda-Türkiye
24 Mart 2017 - 21.45 Türkiye-Finlandiya
2 Eylül 2017 - 21.45 Ukrayna-Türkiye
5 Eylül 2017 - 21.45 Türkiye-Hırvatistan
6 Ekim 2017 - 21.45 Türkiye-İzlanda
9 Ekim 2017 - 21.45 Finlandiya-Türkiye

lol who knew, WC qualifying draw was today.

We got Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine and Finland in our group.

First place teams in all 9 groups qualify directly. The best 8 2nd place teams vs each other in playoffs.

Guess ur lucky Fin u get to watch the NT live.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Does our national team suck that much??

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
They suck more than we think. Should be thankful for the gurbetci's. If it wasn't for them, Turkey would be as "good" as San Marino.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That group is going to give us a hard time, although in fairness in our current form any group would give us a tough time. Breaking down those defences is going to be a nightmare.

Having said that, we are actually quite lucky to get Croatia as our pot 1 team. We could have had Germany, England etc...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Time to miss out on the WC again. We have no chance lol
This might be one of the easiest groups in the WC qualifying history for Europe.

Yet our team is shit. I mean we can get blown out of the water by every team in this group.

Somehow people here still suck Fatih Terims Kiro dick.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
This might be one of the easiest groups in the WC qualifying history for Europe.

Yet our team is shit. I mean we can get blown out of the water by every team in this group.

Somehow people here still suck Fatih Terims Kiro dick.
The only way to change it around is to get some decent youngsters in Europe, like the Danes and Swedes have been doing for years. The Greeks have gotten successful in their NT because of this too.

Batuhan Altintas, Enes Unal and that Caglar from Erciyes have just moved abroad to decent level European clubs. It's unprecendented for this to happen in the history of Turkish football.

I expect more moves like this to happen, with the introduction of this foreigner rule. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
We (Finland) have surprisingly good record against Turkey :D We beat you away 1-3 when we had Litmanen...

On paper Turkey looks good, but just like Serbia, your NT has problems performing. We are not as good, but we still underperform too...Fifth seed :(

Btw. Finland-Turkey will be played in Ratina stadion Tampere, my homwtown, since the Helsinki olympic stadion will be under reconstruction.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
We (Finland) have surprisingly good record against Turkey :D We beat you away 1-3 when we had Litmanen...

On paper Turkey looks good, but just like Serbia, your NT has problems performing. We are not as good, but we still underperform too...Fifth seed :(

Btw. Finland-Turkey will be played in Ratina stadion Tampere, my homwtown, since the Helsinki olympic stadion will be under reconstruction.
Ok thx4info. Appriciate it!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Looks like FIFA will give membership to Gibraltar. There will also be vote on Kosovo. We could get one of those two in our WC 2018 qualifying group.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Some news about our opening game of this WC Qualifyication group. The away game against Croatia will be behind closed doors, so no hostile atmosphere from the home fans. They made some racist chants in their last couple of home games and have been hit with a 2 game behind closed doors punishment.

Croatia will play us and Iceland behind closed doors. Certainly makes our job that much easier to play them first up in the group and play that game in a more sanitised atmosphere.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
We're playing in one week from now, but before we're playing Russia in a friendly on wednesday. Terim made a pretty surprising call-up this time around, leaving guys like Arda, Caner and Gökhan Gönül out, think that's pretty much the revenge for them behaving like dicks in France.

That's the team:

I think I've never seen so many gurbetci players in a Turkey squad. Also Tolga Cigerci was called up and is replacing Oguzhan. It will be his debut as well as Enes Ünal's I guess. Will be very interesting to see what we do.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts