Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WBA vs United

There was no match thread, so I opened this (I hope its ok with the forum managers).

We should be able to win, if we perform like we have done in the last few weeks. However, if we lose or draw, then fergie can say bye bye to the title.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
According to the reports, Ruud, Giggsy and Gaz might not be fit:(. Giggsy and Neville could be replaced like against Lyon by Brown and Smithy, but if Ruud is out we will probably be ****ed:(

And in his interview, Robson was saying that he asked fergie to be his assistant this season, but fergie after kinda agreeing, decided to reject his request:(. This is shit news, because fergie could have had both Robson and Queiroz as no.2s. Robson is respected at the club, and would have been a great coach to motivate the players. If he learned under fergie, he could have become a manager with Carlos together in the future, but now it looks like we will not see him at this club again:(.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Damn...Drito....you beat me to it!:pp

The last two tims I opened the match thread,we actually managed to put in a couple of promising performances!:D

Hopefully the curse won't hit us this time out!:tongue:

Anywayz......Away game....must win!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By all these threats I guess, the answer to the question at the top, if it is alright to open a match thread is no:(:D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Drito said:
By all these threats I guess, the answer to the question at the top, if it is alright to open a match thread is no:(:D
Wrong!

We'll only know the answer to that tomorrow!:D

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shaf said:
Wrong!

We'll only know the answer to that tomorrow!:D
Ahhh so all my hopes rely on Ruuds fitness :tongue: , but according to Sky Sports, I think I'm ****ed :cry: :D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I hope that the big man plays tomorrow or atleast makes it to the bench.With saha out injured as well it would leave us a bit stretched on the attacking front otherwise.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
But then again when you think about the dilemma facing the Scousers,I guess we really shouldn't be complaing!:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
It should be an easy game but they did get a point out or Arsenal and with RVN, Giggs, Gary Neville and Saha all out it might be a challenging game though. We should get the win though, probably one or two nill.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fergie has just confirmed, Ruud will be fit:). If we do not win, even with him :frustrat: , I can see Shaf and Zack asking for my head:D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I don't think this'll be a walkover. Going to Arsenal, even in their current form, and getting a result is no mean feat. I expect Robson's team to be competing well and we must make sure we put our chances away early to prevent another Portsmouth epsiode.

I'd expect us to win 2-0 and maintain this winning run to gain points on Chelsea. Nothing short of a win will do.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Good to see that Ruud is fit.Will provide a boost to the morale of the squad.West Brom gave a good account of themselves last weekend and like beefy pointed out,they will not be short of effort and commitment.We have to be patient and wait for the oppurtunities to arive but its mightily important that we put away those chances when they do arrive because I have a feeling that West Brom will make it into a tight scrappy affair,pressing our players all over the pitch and not allowing them time on the ball.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
West Brom are shite, forget all this stuff about they "they did well getting a point at Arsenal" they were rubbish it's just that we played our worst game for about a year, they had 1 shot in the whole match and it was a goal, if we'd played anywhere near our best we would have beat them about 4-0.

even West Brom fans like Balis would admit they are utter crap.

so if you don't beat them it will be a major embarassment for you.

you better watch out for Kanu though, he is deadly from a yard out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts