Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See ya Wayne :broken: :ass: Your head appears to have grown too big for your small body:frownani:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...e=Jordan+blasts+Routledge&channel=Premiership

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has lambasted Wayne Routledge and his advisors for the winger's decision to refuse a new contract at the club.

The England Under-21 starlet rejected Palace's lucrative offer of a new five-year deal, and now looks set to leave the club.

The 20-year-old will become a free agent at the end of the current campaign and The Eagles might now choose to cash in on him during the transfer window rather than risk waiting for a fee set by a tribunal.

Jordan revealed that the club had been informed by Routledge's advisor Paul Stretford that the player would not be signing a new deal at Selhurst Park whatever the club offered him, and he could barely hide his fury at that stance.

"The player's only 19, (he has now turned 20), and we are of course claiming compensation at the end of his contract if he chooses not to re-sign," Jordan fumed to Sky Sports News.

"But we want to offer him a new contract because we see Wayne as still learning his trade, playing in a team where he can still very much grow and become a player rather than a potential player and working with a manager who can help him with that.

"We offered him what was probably one of the most lucrative contracts that a young teenage player can be offered.

"I put it to him direct, I wanted to put it to him direct because the player is our player, my player, if he wants to pass it on to his agent that's entirely his prerogative.

"But we were then told via Stretford to Bob Dowie that this player will not be signing for this club, it doesn't matter what we put in front of him, how much or when, he will not be signing for this club.

"Wayne seems to have followed this through with a discussion with Iain Dowie illustrating that he possibly wants to go on to what he perceives to be a bigger club with better players, and the question for people like me, and ultimately for Iain, is how in god's name does an agent, whose entire motivation is his own gain, succeed in achieving a divisiveness between the player and club who have had the boy for eight years and looked after his family, given him his opportunity and every encouragement, how does someone like that wield this level of influence over a player?

"I think the player has to take some responsibility, he's not a silly boy, most of these boys know their own mind.

"He's only 19 when I was 19 if somebody told me to do something I'd have done the opposite."
:frownani:

·
Registered
59,174 Posts
Seems Spursbound. Do you think he'll come to us already in the winter, since you might want to make a little money on him if he really doesn't extend ?

and pretend we're a top 6 club for once :pp :D not the usual failing Spurs. Would he really be good enough for a top 8 club?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wayne's got the raw talent for sure, in a successful team he'd do fine I think, but at Spurs, I don't know;):pp
Honestley though, whoever Wayne signs for he's going to have to deliver straight away or the crowd are going to be on his back.

·
Registered
59,174 Posts
Needs the team to play well then? not a player who fights when things aren't going, I take? :eek: not Spurs material then :pp
Interista said:
Haven't you already got Simon Davies in that position, Wally?
he's always injured :eek: and when he has played, he hasn't been the same as when he broke through :( hope he won't turn into a bit of a Darren Anderton :eek:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what a freind posted on another site

"I'm left to wonder what the other players reactions to this might be. If the response from Stretford was that Routledge wouldn't be signing 'under any circumstances' then it's not simply a case of not feeling he's been offered enough.

If I were one of his teammates, I'd feel a little aggreived that young Wayne has judged himself to be that much better than the rest of them - which he may well turn out to be. Since the financial futures of the whole team depend on the performance of the whole team and not just want-away individuals, I would suggest that his presence in the team may not be beneficial to a team battling against relegation."

I share this view, if Wayne plays in the next game he's going to get a hot reception because from a fans point of view he's kicked us in the teeth.
The sooner he leaves the better :finger: :mute: we cannot afford to have any players who are not 100% commited to the club.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wally said:
Needs the team to play well then? not a player who fights when things aren't going, I take? :eek: not Spurs material then :pp
No Wayne will fight , it's just that he does make errors with his decision making , like when to keep the ball and when to release it early etc, just the sort of mistakes you get from a young player.
I meant that at Palace he has it easy, wherever he goes there's going to be a burden of expectation placed on him.

Anyway, I'm off for a curry and a couple of pints to calm myself down:smileani:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know it Toni :depress:

This is the same agent that engineered Rooney's move from Everton :devil: :wth:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Routledge rejects deal

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 11/1/2005

WAYNE ROUTLEDGE has rejected an offer of a new contract at Crystal Palace. The tricky midfielder who is out of contract at the...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Routledge rejects deal
By Neil Vaughan for THEspursweb.com

WAYNE ROUTLEDGE has rejected an offer of a new contract at Crystal Palace.

The tricky midfielder who is out of contract at the end of the season has been linked with a move to Spurs and Liverpool.

Tottenham have been linked for the 20-year-old in the past and Martin Jol could decide to move for England Under-21 international shortly.

"Wayne has intimated to me that there is not going to be a positive response from him regarding the new deal," Dowie told the South London Press.

"But while he is still here and it goes unsigned I will spend every day and week trying to get him to change his mind."

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Yeah the desicion isn't pleasent for Palace fans as we could have got quite a bit of money for him. He has raw talent that will do good at any team, and whoever signs him will definately have a very good player in the future. It's a shame, but why didn't they try and tie this up as soon as we got promoted? Julian Gray should have been signed earlier and so should have Wayne Routledge.

There seems to be something wrong with our system I think.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NiTR0 said:
There seems to be something wrong with our system I think.
Tell me about it!!
I can see a similar situation arising when Gabor's contract is up. According to the interview Bentex has posted in the Hungarian forum Gabor has a 1 year deal that extends to 2 years once he plays 10 games, he's played 16 now.....and still no contract extension
:rollani:

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Well Gabor better sign a new contract. He's probably our best play at the moment barring Johnson. Without him we'd be a few places down. I just wished Dowie could've started him from the start.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
How do you Palace fans rate him?

I think he could be a cheap alternative to SWP at Liverpool, don't know if we'd be interested though

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SM ONLINE said:
How do you Palace fans rate him?

We rate him pretty highly, that's why it's such a kick in the teeth that he wants to leave. He's a couple of years younger than SWP and with the right guidance he could develop and progress the same way.
Ma Routledge is from Liverpool and Wayne's a Liverpool fan if that counts for anything;)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
EagleMart said:
We rate him pretty highly, that's why it's such a kick in the teeth that he wants to leave. He's a couple of years younger than SWP and with the right guidance he could develop and progress the same way.
Ma Routledge is from Liverpool and Wayne's a Liverpool fan if that counts for anything;)
cool so theres a good chance that if we were interested we could get him.

unfortunatley I don't see Rafa being interested :(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Palace confirm interest

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 18/1/2005

CRYSTAL PALACE have confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur have expressed an interest in Wayne Routledge. The midfielder who is out of...

Palace confirm interest

CRYSTAL PALACE have confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur have expressed an interest in Wayne Routledge.

The midfielder who is out of contract in the summer has attracted the interest of Spurs, Birmingham and another unnamed Premiership club.

"We had an enquiry from Spurs and they asked to be kept informed of Wayne's situation," said Palace director of football Bob Dowie.

If Palace do not sell during the January transfer window then they would be forced to go to a tribunal over a fee, and would prefer to name their own price.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
cool so theres a good chance that if we were interested we could get him.

unfortunatley I don't see Rafa being interested :(
He's better than that Nunez character you have. That is for sure.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Spurs confim Routledge bid

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 20/1/2005

MARTIN JOL has confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur have made a bid for Crystal Palace's Wayne Routledge. It is thought that the bid is in the...

Spurs confim Routledge bid

MARTIN JOL has confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur have made a bid for Crystal Palace's Wayne Routledge.

It is thought that the bid is in the region of £1.5 million for the tricky midfielder.

Head Coach Martin Jol told the BBC: "We put an offer in for him.

"He is a very young and talented player so why not? I don't know how the situation is at the moment. The offer went in on Monday or Tuesday."

Jol also commented on Mido: "He has the potential to be one of the best young players in Europe but he has got to deliver. If he does that he will be a terrific player."

=============

Spurs bid for Routledge

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 20/1/2005

Spurs have submitted a formal bid for Palace winger Wayne Routledge. The size of the bid for the England Under 21 International...

Spurs bid for Routledge

Spurs have submitted a formal bid for Palace winger Wayne Routledge.

The size of the bid for the England Under 21 International is unknown but it is thought to be less than Spurs previous approach of £3 million.

Arnesen and co have continued their interest in the player all season and have stepped in with an official bid now that Routledge has rejected the offer of a five year contract at Selhurst Park.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crystal Palace have rejected a second bid from Tottenham for Wayne Routledge.

The highly-rated winger is out of contract in the summer, and has thus far rejected all offers of a new deal from The Eagles.

Palace are fuming that Routledge is seemingly intent on leaving Selhurst Park and are not keen on selling him during the transfer window.

Tottenham had a £1.5 million offer snubbed early last week and a renewed £2 million bid was also rejected on Saturday after the Premiership clash between the two sides.

"We have turned down an increased bid from Tottenham," said Palace chief Simon Jordan.

"Spurs approached me after the game and we talked, but they have not offered us anywhere near enough money for a player we want to keep at the club.

"They need to come back with more. The offer made on Saturday is not acceptable and the ball is still in their court."

Routledge is free to agree a pre-contract for a summer move, although, as he is under 23, Palace must be compensated.

Skysports.com

1 - 20 of 49 Posts