156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bit like the Balon D'or for kids.

1 - Wayne Rooney
2 - Cristiano Ronaldo
3 - Fernando Torres
4 - Arjen Robben
5 - Obafemi Martins

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/04/12/12/SOCCER_Rooney.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Wayne Rooney has been voted the best under-21 player in Europe.

Rooney topped the poll of 30 leading sports journalists conducted by Italian newspaper Tuttosport.

The Manchester United striker came out ahead of team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, with Chelsea's Arjen Robben in fourth place behind Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres.

Inter Milan's Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins was fifth.

"There were a lot of great players who were also close to winning this trophy so to have come first is a great honour, although a lot of credit must go to my team-mates," Rooney said.

"Without their support and efforts I would not have been in a position to win."

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Wow, look at the players on that list. Rooney must have barely won it. IMO, it was between him, Ronaldo and Robben. On current form, I'd say Robben.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where's Cassano and Gilardino?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Well done to rooney

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
How fcuking brilliant to see that both 1 and 2 are Man U players! Although, i have been saying that we have the best two teenagers, purely because they are brilliant, now i actually have proof! :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Robben is better than both of them, actually. Especially Ronaldo.

If Reyes is under-21, he's better than both as well.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Robben is better than both of them, actually. Especially Ronaldo.

:yawn:

You can say what you like. At the end of the day, facts are what says it all!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Born September 1st, 1983, from memory. He was 20 for most of 2004 but he didn't play well enough in 2004 to warrant getting the award.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Chaos
Player & Lord of Destruction
Where's Cassano and Gilardino?

they would be there if they where 21 and under!!!!! but they are not! SMART BOY U ARE.

ronaldo and rooney no doubt best under 21 players in the world! and this year rooney has been playing better than ronaldo thats why it is a fair thing to give it to the best man!

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
The kid has only 3 league goals this season. 1 against :ass:nal, 2 against Newcastle. He also have one assist

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player?id=21046&cc=5739

Last season he scored only 9 goals for Everton in more than 30 starts. Now everton is doing wonders with out the ugly kid ... second in the league and won a derby for the first time in (?)years. Can someone please point to me a game where this kid was amazing. And don't mention those three goals in the euro and the goals against Fener.

Surely the most overrated player of all time.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Gilardino is 19, shows how vast your knowledge of the European game is.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts